Garden Ornaments - Good Quality

Rob5060

Anybody know where there is a good selection of better quality garden ornaments, buddha statues etc

I have looked at Kham Tien and some sites on the outer ring road but the choice is mainly colourful painted animals etc

Im looking for the type you tend to see in hotels or restaurants

Cheers

Edited by Rob5060

I'd be reluctant to use a Buddha statue as a garden ornament, unless it's head is higher than yours and has a great big umbrella stopping it getting wet. Neighbours (if you have any) could get a little peeved and any credibility you might have, will go flying out the window.

What's wrong with elfs and gnomes? biggrin.png

If you look around you can find some nice apsaras or thepanoms. No one seems to mind if you put these in the garden. Unfortunately quality seems to get worse and worse but if you search you can find some nice ones mixed with the rubbish,

There is a really nice factory in Ban Tawai. They make their pieces, everything from a 3 meter tall Buddha head to floor boards, out of colored concrete.

I forget the name and it's really not easy to find either. But if you turn left of Chiang Mai Hod road towards BT u have to turn left over the small canal when u r about to leave BT. The it's 5 min on small roads past a temple.

Sorry I can't be more specific and good luck.

There is a really nice factory in Ban Tawai. They make their pieces, everything from a 3 meter tall Buddha head to floor boards, out of colored concrete.

I forget the name and it's really not easy to find either. But if you turn left of Chiang Mai Hod road towards BT u have to turn left over the small canal when u r about to leave BT. The it's 5 min on small roads past a temple.

Sorry I can't be more specific and good luck.

I've seen that place, not been inside but looks like there are some huge statues in there.

My husband found a place out in Mae Tha but they don't allow photos, so will have to drive out there myself to take a look. sad.png

He said they were better than anything else he'd seen around Chiang Mai but not exactly easy to explain when you can't get a picture.

Otherwise off to Khorat, can't remember the name of the place where they make all the sandstone statues.

I stopped in at a place on the Ban Tawai road today called Ban Chiang Din (or maybe it was just Chang Din??). They had some OK pieces. Depending how picky you are you might find something there. They have some bigger panels in the back.

I am also looking for some pieces for the garden but so far no joy.

Unfortunately I either look at it and like it or dislike it, no middle ground, except when the price is too high and It looks like I might like it, so husband quickly drags me out!