Engagement Ring In Thailand

thai_time

Would a diamond engagement ring be cheaper in Thailand then in the UK. Would i bit ripped off being a dumb farang? Does anyone know any good, honest jewelers in Bangkok?

Sorry for my suspicious nature but i have heard of too many gem scams in Thailand.

Anytime you buy a diamond you are getting ripped off....diamonds are a scam. If you don't want to get ripped off buying a diamond then destroy the diamond cartel first. The diamond cartel created its monopoly on the world's diamonds by committing countless acts of murder....check it out if you think I'm wrong...you'll probably be surprised

And if your wedding plans don't involve destroying the world's diamond cartel.... I'd recommend Tiffany and Co. in Singapore, at the Raffles Hotel. There's a Cartier in the Emporium, but at the time of my wedding last year, they didn't have ANY stock to show... plenty of non-engagement ring trinkets though.

:o

edit: spelling, have had a few.

Edited by Heng

Buy your diamond in england, buy your gold here and have it set here.

For stones, this is fairly common. Trustworthy jewellers? Try any of the jewellers in Gaysorn; all long standing businesses who pay considerable amounts of rent to cater to mostly a select group of customers who are usually very happy with the work.

Diamonds are definitely a higher mark up business and cartel style, but ladies luv them...what are you to do??! The power of marketing :-)