Posting Replies

gburns57au

everytime I reply to 2 different posts at 2 different times, my replies are being merged into one answer to the different posts, Can I reply to 2 different posts in the same thread seperately....without them being merged into one reply ???

Can you point us to some threads where this has happened?

cv

everytime I reply to 2 different posts at 2 different times, my replies are being merged into one answer to the different posts, Can I reply to 2 different posts in the same thread seperately....without them being merged into one reply ???

Let me see if this works

Can you point us to some threads where this has happened?

cv

Maybe it will

There you go...it did it again, I replied to my own post first and added the reply which showed up as its own reply when I then answered yours, However when I added my reply to your post, both replies merged into one. :o

That was using the reply function at the end of each post.....I just added the last one using the Add reply funcytion at the bottom of the page and it added it to my previous replies....I guess this one is headed there too.

Bingo it has done it again.....all separate replies all merging into one reply

This is one of the many new features of the upgraded forum software. Hope you like it.

Not really....sometimes the two answers are in relation to differing posts and would require two distinct answers...also if I make a short reply and a long reply....the short one may get lost or missed.... :o

You might want to use the "+quote" of the post when you want it part of your post and the lower "add reply" (to thread) to write your reply.

Makes no difference Lop......it merges them no matter what I use

Merge member's concurrent posts

When a member posts twice within 10 minutes, once after the other in a topic they will be merged into one post.

Merge member's concurrent posts

When a member posts twice within 10 minutes, once after the other in a topic they will be merged into one post.

Ah.... now I understand what happened today in the news forum... I posted different posts from different update sources, but posted within less than 10 minutes.... merged.

That's why I went back to edit them to add a dividing line so everyone could see the break between the two postings.

So what is likely to happen in a lively thread that has a lot of banter? Will merged posts (under 10 mins) be a conversational stopper? Or does someone have to post a reply first and then the new post will be recognised as legitamitly(sp?) new?

It really makes no sense to me. If you want to add something to a post you have an edit period to do so. So you obviously did not want this second post to be a part of the original. Perhaps it could be of use in an unmoderated forum such as USENET where people may make repeated one line posts to see there name in lights but can not see a useful reason here.