Lady Gaga In Hot Water Over Bangkok Concert

webfact

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fact that she is deprived of hundred of thousand dollars in royalties with all her albums pirated here doesn't seem to worry the Culture minister. The hypocricy and double standards in this country are sickening.

The hypocrisy and double standards in this country are sickening. endemic and we need to understand/accept that they are part of every day life.

• Like 1

'When in Rome, do as the Romans do"

I am going to have to go against the flow here. All the Thai's want is respect to be shown against their monarchy, buddhist religion and cultural/national issues. They do go too far and are unnecessarily paranoid about some things but there is nothing wrong about being a proud patriotic nation!!!

And all the lady boys doing exactly the same thing does not hurt the Thai image....another case of "Dont do as I do, do as I say". Another quality piece of news from the always "head in the sand" government officials

• Like 1

I am going to have to go against the flow here. All the Thai's want is respect to be shown against their monarchy, buddhist religion and cultural/national issues. They do go too far and are unnecessarily paranoid about some things but there is nothing wrong about being a proud patriotic nation!!!

There IS something wrong with being such a patriotic nation that you won't even entertain the possibility that you may have serious issues that should be brought to light and discussed. Know what they say about sunshine being the best disinfectant. Instead it's mock indignation at imaginary slurs and turning a blind eye to the real problems. Then again, in the west the three monkeys, see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil, are invoked to make a negative statement about people. The last thing in the world you want to be accused of is being like the three monkeys because they symbolize ignoring problems or burying them. In the far east they are referred to as the "three wise monkeys" and are considered to be examples of virtuous behavior.

Let's de-construct this silly article for a minute, shall we?

Thailand's culture ministry has filed a complaint to police against Lady Gaga for misuse of the Thai flag during her show last month.

Is this really a hot-button issue for Thailand... if it took a month to address an incident that occurred in front of 75,000 witnesses? No wonder it's taken so long to get any resolution on the violence from May 2010. There were only a few thousand people at any given location then... simply not enough eyes on the ball, here.

We are not asking police to prosecute her but it's our normal procedure to file complaints to concerned agencies when we receive them," a senior ministry official, who declined to be named, said by telephone.

Ummm... to whom did they file the complaint? Thai Visa readers? Martians? Lady Gaga fans? You don't just complain to the air. Well you can, I suppose... but a Ministry that does looks kind of silly! And the official declined to be named. God forbid the name of the person who came up with this complaint gets ridiculed by name.

The ministry noted that the Thai national flag consisted of three colours -- red for the nation, blue for the revered monarchy and white for religion.

The ministry was able to know all three colors of the Thai flag? Best example of competence I've seen from this cabinet to date!

• Like 1

There IS something wrong with being such a patriotic nation that you won't even entertain the possibility that you may have serious issues that should be brought to light and discussed. Know what they say about sunshine being the best disinfectant. Instead it's mock indignation at imaginary slurs and turning a blind eye to the real problems. Then again, in the west the three monkeys, see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil, are invoked to make a negative statement about people. The last thing in the world you want to be accused of is being like the three monkeys because they symbolize ignoring problems or burying them. In the far east they are referred to as the "three wise monkeys" and are considered to be examples of virtuous behavior.

It would be hard to find three wise monkeys in Thailand, let alone 3 wise people haha, only joking, generalizing too much for effect. whistling.gif

I would hope that this ensures that no international artist ever comes to Thailand now. Ever again. ..

The fake rolex comment offended them because she omitted to mention fake LV, Gucci, mont blanc, ..... in fact fake everything including smile and manners. After all, same said people most likely make some of their money from its trade as well.

Personally, I think she is rubbish; a marketing ploy and nothing more. However, if the flag incident caused so much offence perhaps the same horrified people will pop into any of the streets of under aged hookers and arrest them for wearing the Thai Flag bikinis / shirts / you name it that I guess the sport. Also, the US embassy should file charges against people wearing their flag as well.

• Like 2

There is nothing wrong in her carrying the Thai flag as long as she did nothing to deface it or degenerate it. Someone posted that she did not. So no problem.

As for the paranoid proud patriotic nation. Yes there is. That's how wars are started.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

The concert was two weeks ago and she's still getting free publicity!!

Why is this issue arising now? It seems as if one concert goer mentioned it in passing to the wrong person! It it was really all that offensive surely the outrage would have been immediate; or is it that Thais don't care all that much about their flag and country? Judging by the way that some sing / don't sing their anthem, it could be the latter.