Phuket City Top Cop Transferred

webfact

Phuket City top cop transferred

Phuket Gazette

pol.jpeg

Effective immediately, Col Sermphan Sirikong (pictured) has replaced Col Chote chitchai as Phuket City's top policeman. Photo: Atchaa Khamlo

PHUKET: -- Phuket City Police Superintendent Chote Chitchai has been transferred to Takua Thung Police Station in Phang Nga province, just north of Phuket.

The transfer comes after Col Chote was temporarily suspended from duty on May 5 following allegations of underage staff working in Phuket Town clubs and entertainment venues.

Acting Superintendent of Phuket City Police Sakchai Limcharoen also confirmed to the Phuket Gazette yesterday that Col Sermphan Sirikong, who took up the post of Superintendent at Patong Police Station on April 10, will be Col Chote’s replacement.

“The order is effective from today. However, I have yet to be informed when Col Sermphan will be in post as Phuket City Police’s new commander,” said Col Sakchai.

“When that happens, I will revert to the position of Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander,” he added.

Col Jirapat Phochanaphan, chief of Samran Rat Police Station in Bangkok, will take over the position of Patong Police Superintendent.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle16193.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-06-16

Good. Some one is being made to take responsibility, and especially on this issue of under age staff I think it's excellent news.

I don't want to walk into a joint where there are under age staff, enforcement of that policy protects everyone.

I say 10/10, and let's be having a lot more police accountability.

Very hard to get these guys to enforce the law when you consider they are making hundreds of thousands of Baht to not enforce the law!

Once one is accustomed to a high income its impossible to come down to a poultry civil servants salary.

Move him to another province and he will find a way to boost his income.

Once the rot starts it is hard to prevent, he could go into politics of course, where the takings are even higher.

• Like 2

Very hard to get these guys to enforce the law when you consider they are making hundreds of thousands of Baht to not enforce the law!

Once one is accustomed to a high income its impossible to come down to a poultry civil servants salary.

Move him to another province and he will find a way to boost his income.

Once the rot starts it is hard to prevent, he could go into politics of course, where the takings are even higher.

I think you mean 'paltry' but poultry is quite funny. The do make chicken feed which fuels the need to be corrupt.

• Like 1

I know of a another crooked police officer who should follow his boss, stationed in Pathong. This despicable police officer in Phuket is the top of the disgrace: first class farang hater and only knowing the difference between "farang" and "thai", not between "right" and "wrong".

Unfortunately his name may not be disclosed here. He's a master in brokering traffic accidents where farangs are involved! Be prepared to pay!

And I wouldn't be surprised if others would follow... sometimes it's over the treshold of decency! Thailand in my opinion (after 22 years!) is still a country of law, no matter how big the offenses are: THE LAW WILL PREVAIL! If we, farangs, have no longer trust in the judicial system, then we better leave... but it's often (if not always) with a fight!

Edited by dude007

why complain Police, if you stopped with your car you are happy to pay the full fine mai, NO you start complain to get more cheaper fine.

maybe they like some money on the site, but they do a good job about drugs. Many country can take a lesson from them.

i have many friend police they are friendly but under paid, if your family is hungry, what you do???Let say they do a good job, if you profit you are happy

The new one will probably make sure he doesn't meet the same fate by having a crackdown. Force the venue operators to cooperate by using their underage girls as decoys to arrest loads of foreign tourists who didn't know they were underage. Then every one apart from the foreign scapegoats can look good and the business can continue as before. While you have supply and demand for underage girls and a bent police force, wiping the business out will never happen.

Edited by Arkady

love those high rankers.. my 2 neighbor are police officers in phuket town..

One just bought 2 houses and put an extra 10-20mil in them.

Yes, like Rikkie said: police are underpaid... we should have a better attitude towards them and understand these poor men in brown!

why complain Police, if you stopped with your car you are happy to pay the full fine mai, NO you start complain to get more cheaper fine.

maybe they like some money on the site, but they do a good job about drugs. Many country can take a lesson from them.

i have many friend police they are friendly but under paid, if your family is hungry, what you do???Let say they do a good job, if you profit you are happy

nurses are the most underpaid in the west.

Would you like it if they requested tea money to allow you to see a doctor when you have 5mins left to live?

It's funny how they are always "transfered" to another post. In my country if you did this you would be arrested, fined, and jailed to set an example to other police not to do this kind of thing. And you would also be blacklisted from other law enforcement jobs. Prison is the last place a corrupt cop wants to be so it makes them think twice BEFORE they commit the crime. Where's the punishment here? Welcome to Thairuptioncoffee1.gif

In my country if you did this you would be arrested, fined, and jailed to set an example to other police not to do this kind of thing.

He would be arrested, fined and jailed in your country, so I'm sure you know what he did. So what did he do? Nowhere is it reported what exactly happened and what his wrongdoings were.