Applying For Non B Visa, Name On Degree Is Slightly Different

i am applying for a non b visa however the name on my degree certificate is different from the surname i use now

i changed my surname from Woodcock to Wood by deed poll some years ago, i am unable to get a new degree certificate with the new name this is something that cannot be changed, i do have a deed poll document which is a legal contract in the uk, all my other documents have my new name on them, it is just the old degree certificate

will this be an issue when i apply for a non b visa? i appreciate that this question may be out of the ordinary

i am a UK national

i am 28 years old

Edited by dapsolapsalai

What employment are you seeking/been offered in Thailand?

If you are not looking to teach then you will not be asked for a degree certificate when applying for a Non Immigrant Type 'B' Visa.

However if you are applying to teach, then you will be asked to supply evidence of your educational qualifications/diplomas amongst other papers; but as you have posted that you have documentation to explain the name change, then this should not not be a problem.

You will be asked to show professional qualifications when applying for your Thai Work Permit, but this does not necessarily involve showing a degree.

However if you are applying to teach, then you will be asked to supply evidence of your educational qualifications/diplomas amongst other papers; but as you have posted that you have documentation to explain the name change.

many thanks for your reply, yes I am applying to teach and have all of the required documentation, thank you for clarifying that the name change and accompanying deed poll certificate should not be a problem when applying.

Edited by dapsolapsalai

Changing names is much more common here in Thailand than it is in the west so hopefully it won't raise too many eyebrows. But if you are using your degree in support of a work permit application you will likely need to have the deed poll documents endorsed by the British embassy in BKK.

Changing names is much more common here in Thailand than it is in the west so hopefully it won't raise too many eyebrows. But if you are using your degree in support of a work permit application you will likely need to have the deed poll documents endorsed by the British embassy in BKK.

You might also need the documents translated into Thai and "legalized" by the MFA