Lite Beer

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

then they must have shared the fish?

two poisonous fish, served to the same table is a bit unlikely?

same with the mushrooms, usually not all are poisonous, but one or a very few?

and this was finally deadly: to share the dish or to order the same meal...

otherwise, one of them could have sought help...

the pilot and the co-pilot in passenger planes never have the same meal. its not permitted (airline rules).

What on earth has that got to do with it?

If they have a peanut or shellfish allergy, they do not have to order poisoned food and share it do they? All they do is order food and say, definitely no peanuts/oil or shellfish. The waiter ignores them the food comes. All the food we ever order in Thailand we share at the table. They have the allergy, bingo, anaphylactic shock, incapacitated and dead in a matter of hours.

well Gentlemanjim... some people just can't read English and if they can they cannot understand it!... and or cannot comprehend it ... ! that's life and that is why there are over 440 replies on this post right now ... allof them arguing and insulting each other ... Pfff!! Nobody knows but everybody knows is the motto and it is so pathetic.... because at the end of the day none of us will ever know .... how sad no???

Probably correct. I think family showing up and apparently taking control over bodies though may mean they will get answer from a medical stand point. Sadly, Thais have probably already blown the investigation and tainted the evidence so there will never likely be any held accountable if a criminal act including serving blow fish, spiking drinks, providing bad shrooms, or just out right poisoning.

You are so right and I really wish I could be there with the parents to offer whatever help or comfort possible being that I am myself a French Canadian and want them to DEMAND that the bodies be brought back to Canada for a proper autopsy and not cremated here without consent as has been done in the past ... I just hope they have enough strength left in them to demand this after this extraordinary and traumatizing event and travel to Thailand on top of it... I would even get on a plane to Phiphi Island to help if I were given the necessary info to contact them and I mean it !!! Does anybody know how I could contact the parents ...?? If so please let me know ... I'll be there in a blink

THIS IS THE MOST SICKENING and stupid video news reoort I have seen so far and this from a UK news site at that ...??? http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1yACAO0Wu

Really ?? It is despicable .. these are times when censorship is needed

Annabel. I was just about to go to bed and I saw there was one more page. Having devoted so much time to this today, talking to a Hon Consul, emailing friends etc to try to get as much publicity to this case as possible so there is no carpet to sweep it under.

I totally agree, it is absolute BS. Pictures of "rescue vehicles" that don't even exist, scenes of bodies being dragged in bags, local paramedics that look dressed like roadside scavengers pillaging for valuables, disgusting. Cut and paste tabloid journalism at it's worst. A classic example of " never let the truth get in the way of a good story."

The only good thing that could be said it is publicity of an event, incorrectly reported and offensive to most especially the bereaved, but is publicity none the less. It is often said there is no such thing a bad publicity. Any cause that makes this story go viral must be accepted as the price to pay for possible justice and hopefully a change for the better. Knowing a little bit about how these islands are run my hopes are slim. They had the chance after the tsunami as did Patong. end result ....Worse.

Goodnight.

Edited by sportsman69

THIS IS THE MOST SICKENING and stupid video news reoort I have seen so far and this from a UK news site at that ...??? http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1yACAO0Wu

Really ?? It is despicable .. these are times when censorship is needed

I am unsure what you are getting so worked up about. Have you ever seen Thai news reports. I am sorry you find it upsetting but you really do appear to be over reacting. What is in the video that is sickening?

You are so right and I really wish I could be there with the parents to offer whatever help or comfort possible being that I am myself a French Canadian and want them to DEMAND that the bodies be brought back to Canada for a proper autopsy and not cremated here without consent as has been done in the past ... I just hope they have enough strength left in them to demand this after this extraordinary and traumatizing event and travel to Thailand on top of it... I would even get on a plane to Phiphi Island to help if I were given the necessary info to contact them and I mean it !!! Does anybody know how I could contact the parents ...?? If so please let me know ... I'll be there in a blink

Again calm down, as much as you want to help the parents you cannot ask them to demand anything under the circumstances. The parents will do what is right for them and it sounds like the Canadian Consul have made sure that the bodies will be kept at the morgue. The local media at the parents home town is the place to start if you want to help them, but you have to help them to do what they want to do, not what you think they should do.

• Like 1

You are so right and I really wish I could be there with the parents to .......

...... I would even get on a plane to Phiphi Island to help

Suppose lucky Koh PooPoo doesn't have an Airport ;-)

I'm pretty sure that grieving family has plenty of support and professional

help back in Canada and here in Thailand. Most people, especially close

knitted families grieve either by them self or with the closest persons around

but sure not with some strangers far away. So fairly sure, they do not need a

"ThaiVisa delegation" to help. - - - Help with what?

One thing that bothers me is two intelligent kids not at keast on them getting help. Perhaps if the took something and they were ashamed or embarrassed to come clean would be an explanation. Either that of the symptoms started out as food poising and then they got overwhelmed quickly while trying to wait it out.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away (the 1970s) I got food poisoning. My first thought was to ask myself why did I feel so sick as I had not had all that much alcohol to drink. Shortly thereafter I thought, no, not too much drink rather someone had spiked something with some LSD (don't ask me how I might make such an assumption, but this was still the 1970s) as I was hallucinating. It took me hours to get out of bed, and only because the diarrehea was about to erupt so I literally crawled on the floor on all fours and luckily made it to the porcelain goddess in the nick of time. So yes, with poisoning, by the time that you realize just how bad the situation has become it may very well be too late to seek help yourself.

The last word you quoted was 'yourself' - is it not?

There were 2 sisters in the room, one aged 20 and the other 26.

I believe it highly, very highly to a point of 95%, that they did not have the same immune system failures at the same time, and at the same rate!

Mr. Mel, I would beg to differ. Two people with nearly identical genetic makeups eating tainted food at the same time in the same place, well I would imagine their symptoms would appear nearly simultaneously and certainly close enough together that by the time they realized the severity of the situation they were no longer able to help themselves more less capable of assisting each other. My own symptoms were not nearly as severe as what these two young women had, but even I was just barely able to crawl out my door and was fortunate that someone with some medical training shortly thereafter walked by, instantly acknowledged the seriousness of my condition, and then nursed me, along with others, for the next eight hours.

Annabel [......] You are so right and I really wish I could be there with the parents to offer whatever help or comfort possible being that I am myself a French Canadian and want them to DEMAND that the bodies be brought back to Canada for a proper autopsy and not cremated here without consent as has been done in the past ... I just hope they have enough strength left in them to demand this after this extraordinary and traumatizing event and travel to Thailand on top of it... I would even get on a plane to Phiphi Island to help if I were given the necessary info to contact them and I mean it !!! Does anybody know how I could contact the parents ...?? If so please let me know ... I'll be there in a blink

PM sent

Edited by sportsman69

It will be interesting to find out what the forensic people find out. What ever the poison was, it was strong enough to kill these sisters within 12 hours. It would be interesting to find out where they ate besides the hotel. Water in some 3rd world countries and some foods I believe contain small amounts arsenic, including some shell fish. It will be interesting to find out what the forensic report has to say.

And if there have ever been any other reported deaths showing the same symptoms or causes of death in that area in the past.

but we found many kinds of over-the-counter drugs, including ibuprofen, which can cause serious effects on the stomach

well that solves it

blow fish - manslaughter (tourists don't eat fish in Thailand)

Mushrooms - manslaughter (tourists don't eat food in Thailand)

Rat poisoned meat "probably dog" - manslaughter (tourists don't eat in Thailand)

I don't think there is one single active member of TV that has not been impacted by this tragedy and needs to see justice for these two young lives lost - I don't think there has been any time passed today were my thoughts have not gone back to this ..............

I admit I have never been to Phi Phi and have no idea what a "special" bucket is.

Half a bottle of Samsung mixed with Coke and Redbull served in a small plastic bucket. A cheap and efficient way of getting very drunk, very quickly,, just what the youngsters want.

Samsung...

Must be a new app on the Tab. :rolleyes:

Edited by Payboy

I totally agree, it is absolute BS. Pictures of "rescue vehicles" that don't even exist, scenes of bodies being dragged in bags, local paramedics that look dressed like roadside scavengers pillaging for valuables, disgusting. Cut and paste tabloid journalism at it's worst. A classic example of " never let the truth get in the way of a good story."

English tabloid at his best. Original press release mixed wit raw assumptions in a way to make them sound legit. Original pictures from Thai Channel 7, mixed with a "picture of the hotel", which in in fact the totally unrelated Phi Phi hotel not long after tsunami. Inaccurate map. Shame....

We will never get to the bottom of this sorry to say this is just one of those things what happens here in Thailand and my thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time if you are reading this ..

Edited by Notstupid30

I don't think you have read all his post have you Guyinthailand.

I read this

Warfarin exposure does not cause spontaneous bleeding of the gums.

and then I read your blind support of his 'warfarin doesn't cause bleeding gums' notion.

and then I read this "More common findings of excessive anticoagulation are ecchymoses, subconjunctival hemorrhage, epistaxis, vaginal bleeding, bleeding gums, or hematuria". http://emedicine.med...-clinical#a0256

What more is there to read?

There are bleeding gums and there are bleeding gums. Patients taking coumadin (warfarin) do report a slight beeding of the gums after brushing and flossing. Bleeding of the gums in those taking coumadin is typically concurrent with peridontal disease (gum disease). A person over exposed to warfarin is most likely to have a severe nose bleed. A nose bleed often leaves a lot of liquid because it will be diluted with mucous. Serious nosebleeds result in backflow causing a person to cough/spit up the blood. The blood will be mixed with saliva and mucous causing a very obvious mess. No nose bleeding was reported.

Now, maybe there was a nose bleed. I don't know. I haven't seen the pictures and I haven't seen the report. Much of the description that has been made public indicates a serious GI problem with resultant dehydration. People that are not used to the tropics usually do not readily recognize the signs of dehydration. That's why so many tourists come down sick. A bit too much sweaty exertion or sun or alcohol or bad food and a healthy person can get sick quick. Stupor and vital organ collapse can occur quickly if someone is dehydrated. I think these poor girls were out of it by the time they died. Having experienced such a state back in the day when I would go out in the bush, the loss of coherency sets in pretty fast. I'm lucky I was with people who knew what to do, because I was unaware of what was happening. I think most people that have been in the tropics will understand what I am writing.

I admit I have never been to Phi Phi and have no idea what a "special" bucket is.

Half a bottle of Samsung mixed with Coke and Redbull served in a small plastic bucket. A cheap and efficient way of getting very drunk, very quickly,, just what the youngsters want.

Samsung...

Must be a new app on the Tab. rolleyes.gif

Yes you install it and it instantly blurs the screen destroys the memory and changes the language to Korean. rolleyes.gif

i believe they will find out without doubt what poisoned them...

they didnt do a lot of things on the island, they just arrived, had a drink and a meal...

they have had a lot of reactions in the body, the bleeding under the skin and in the tissue (gum, eyes), the dark fingernails - there some substance may have collected...

also, their dead was apparently not fast... possibly later than wednesday 06:00 a.m. ...

but not unlikely it took longer than the previous phi phi cases, which died in the early morning...

it took many hours... something happened in the body and this left traces at the organs etc...

what if they had contacted reception that night? around 03:00 a.m....

could they have replied "tomorrow"... "not reached"...?

does this telephone system produce logs?

what did they try to dial on their mobile phones?

they were new, maybe the first time of travel abroad, you dont know the emergency number and possibly get it wrong with calling home...

Edited by dingdang

That's not a frisbee, it's a plastic lid. So they are using rat poison to get rid of stray dogs or cats. Can't see what this has anything to do with this topic. blink.png

Your right it's a lid,the smell that was coming from there i did't want to hang around to long for full inspection....very sorry...

So we have 300 posts probably 90% talking about poison (rat poison) and how dangerous and fatal pesticide can be. And my picture of a lid covered in rat poison under a bungalow has nothing to do with this topic.

If you are a father you should be ashamed,i'm glad you were not father when at 4-5yrs of age i say hey dad look dead fish "yummy"

Maybe you have been in Thailand to long if you can see that 300 topics are talking of small amounts pesticide that are fatal,and here we have children playing around it?? I have been here a long time too,but i see this as madness.. just like the person i'm writing back to.

Anyone else like to confirm that i am over reacting when i read about 2 young girls poisoned,300 posts about poison and i'm looking at a pile of dead rat poisoned fish?? Two restaurant's 50mts either way from it plus 60 odd bungalows plus children all exposed to it.

So it is also quite ok for me to come visit you and drop a little around your house,i'm 20 mts away you ignorant man,i own i cat!!

Oh but of course,you have been here that long you think just like them!! You think only stray cats dogs eat it... What about Charlie,Kidang,choke the list goes on. Start thinking like a Western again

you are not off base or topic, my question would be - why are they setting these traps for local dogs ? what are they doing with the dead animals ? are they entering the food chain contaminated with deadly poison ?? is there a secret black market for these animals ? do you think if there was would we ever get to hear about such a scandal - I think not

Hello Smedly...

the traps have been put down to kill a new batch of 7 puppies,this is not the first time that i have seen what they do.

These Animals will not be heading for the food chain,i personally have only seen one dead dog lying a few mts away foam coming from the mouth,and one of the staff from my resort took upon himself,not happy about it,and buried the dog.

I apparently am over reacting according to "Semper" who seemed to think i was another person jumping to solve this mysterious sad news.

This is not the case,i have no opinion to what took these young girls lives away,just hope it gets solved unlike 2009,but i was alarmed on reading so much about the spraying of pesticides and the possible hazards that surround it.

So many posts now talking of the dangers of pesticides,and i am looking at a pile of very smelly poisoned fish,in an open family resort and "Semper" seems to think it will only be a problem if this fish ends up in the kitchen.Also he insulted my intelligence by saying the smell was coming from sewage.

I would like to scoop a spoonful up put it under his nose and tell him your talking SH1T ....does he seriously think i do not know the difference between smells!

Reading how it appears it can kill simply by spraying bed sheets and again "Semper" i am not talking about this case,so my opinion if simply spraying the stuff can be fatal,to me a pile of it dumped around bungalows does not seem right.

I also personally hate to see the destruction of unwanted animals,i understand Thailand has many problems of stray dogs,but there surely is a better way than putting poisoned fish under your bungalow that will kill anything that is hungry,that includes my cat Charlie! If it kills a dog within minutes i seriously think this can not be good to be around children or anyone!

I posted a picture of open poison in an open family resort because of my concern from reading so much about pesticides,and apart from yourself and "Semper" who thinks i'm over reacting has gone unnoticed.

OK so i have reported what i have seen,open poison on a open family running resort. If and of course there are if's you read about deaths coming from this area you will not need any forensic scientists,just look at my photo Bingo!! And "Semper" i will await your full apology.

I will at some stage name and shame or at least point out on Agoda etc that at times while staying at this resort you may have to witness open poison,the screaming and suffering of animals,the slaughter of such Monitor lizard,harmless snakes that they act like a performing Chimpanzee,showing off in front of naive young girls,saying very very dangerous,slaughter it and carry it over his back like his just killed a lion and saved there life's.

I will not name and shame here,but if you want details of this lovely run resort,just ask and i will kindly pass on the name

Edited by kohphangan

There are many pubs that serves a popular cocktail which is made from mushrooms. A tourist said that there were special mushrooms on the menu on Pangan island and Samui island and and also on Phi Phi island. Local name is “Khee Kwai ” or magic mushroom, which is popular among tourists. When consumed, this kind of mushroom will cause heavy intoxication.
http://www.pattayada...room-suspected/

from what i have read about them, i would find it very unlikely that they might have ordered such a thing...

particulary the very first night after arrival...

Edited by dingdang

The Doctor who arrived on scene from the hospital has given an interview and actually said

For the first time, Dr Duangporn Paothong of Phi Phi Hospital talked publicly about what she found when she was called to the room at the Palms Residence Phi Phi immediately after a maid discovered the bodies on Friday.

Dr Duangporn said that she had ''never seen a case like it.''

''Both bodies had the same characteristics,'' she said. ''There was a lot of vomit in a wastepaper basket.

''There was blood under their skin, under their tongues and under their eyes. Their fingernails had turned green or purple.

''As for the cause of death, it's impossible to know at this stage,'' she said. ''There just isn't enough information

So, no 'vomit all over the room', but lots of vomit in a wastepaper basket.

No bleeding gums, but blood under the tongue, skin and eyes,

Fingernails, green or purple, not blue.

So yes, there is a lot more to read.

Now, maybe there was a nose bleed. I don't know. I haven't seen the pictures and I haven't seen the report.

Everybody tried to jump on conclusions after reading "bleeding gums". Maybe the observations of the local doctor quoted above are more accurate and present the whole story on a different angle...

There are many pubs that serves a popular cocktail which is made from mushrooms. A tourist said that there were special mushrooms on the menu on Pangan island and Samui island and and also on Phi Phi island. Local name is “Khee Kwai ” or magic mushroom, which is popular among tourists. When consumed, this kind of mushroom will cause heavy intoxication.
http://www.pattayada...room-suspected/

from what i have read about them, i would find it very unlikely that they might have ordered such a thing...

Unlikely, but not impossible. In years spent dealing with young tourists in Thai islands, I can assure you that there is a high percentage of good kids willing to "try" by curiosity. Said that, it's not rare that the wrong order lands on the wrong table, TIT....

Arsenic is a major compound in many many brands of rat poison and is also manufactured in a liquid or powdered form that is absorbed through the skin rapidly and is 60 times more toxic than ordinary elemental 'Arsenic'.

aresenic doesn't cause bleeding gums.

I agree with a couple of the others. Since you are so vocal and aggressive in your approach in this thread, what are your qualifications and/or training?

Also he insulted my intelligence by saying the smell was coming from sewage.

Dear kohphangan, where/when did I say this?

Mr Semper.....

Here is my full apology for applying your name to the wrong thread/post. Confused,shocked,and very surprised that my picture of a pile of dead poisoned fish outside bungalows where Children are playing had gone UNNOTICED!! Only receiving 3 replies,2 i class as negative,yours being that i was overreacting and off topic by posting a picture of open poison that i am still looking at! The other negative was not from yourself and again you have my Full Apology,but was suggesting that i was smelling sewage. This did rage me,does he not think i know the difference? And with haste,and some anger,foolishly jumped to conclusions wai.gif Very much like the 400+ posts are doing,and applied your name from past negative comment.

My only concern here is that maybe if you had read... Headline news " Deaths at koh phangan poison is suspected!" then seen my picture,would you be more interested?

I personally think that news of avoiding a death is a better story than trying to find out when it's to late.