Internet Connection

khastan

I have just had the two day free trial of the new service that Thaiexpattv offers and my 3BB 3MB premier connection with static ip was unsuitable because it needs a steady 3MB to work and mine can vary between 1.5- 3.5MB. I can change to a 9mb connection with a dynamic ip at less than what I pay now but have been informed should I wish to change back I cannot because the only premier connection they sell now with a static ip is 5MB at nearly three times the price! I wish to subscribe to this new TV service but I am loath to change and be left with a inferior connection. Does anybody have any opinions please to which is the better connection premier with limited line sharers and a static ip or normal with dynamic ip and many more line sharers.

Like you, I have the 3MB premier package and feel dam_n fortunate to have it. It was/is specifically offered to give stable service for internet outside of Thailand (as well as within). Prior to 3BB, I had True 6MB and it was great for local content, but terrible for anything over the boarder. I personally wouldn't give up my premier connection for a test. What I would do, is pay for a second "line", perhaps even from a different provider. If the second line works...voila...if not....

Failing previous, if possible - slingbox! Have one set up in the States and it runs flawlessly 24/7.

I just changed my plan from 4MB to 7MB with TOT,my son done test on it,and informs me that it is only running at 4MB,and that it all depends on your phone line,as to what capacity you will receive!

I just changed my plan from 4MB to 7MB with TOT,my son done test on it,and informs me that it is only running at 4MB,and that it all depends on your phone line,as to what capacity you will receive!

Thanks for your input. A bad line could be my problem also, what did your son use to test the line. The house was new and I had 200 meters of line installed about 4 years ago but have had problems with the land line not working. Sometime ago TT@T put a separate connection inside the house for the land line because they were having a dispute with 3BB but used the same outside line.

Like you, I have the 3MB premier package and feel dam_n fortunate to have it. It was/is specifically offered to give stable service for internet outside of Thailand (as well as within). Prior to 3BB, I had True 6MB and it was great for local content, but terrible for anything over the boarder. I personally wouldn't give up my premier connection for a test. What I would do, is pay for a second "line", perhaps even from a different provider. If the second line works...voila...if not....

Thank you for your input. I agree with your comments re the premier package. I would be foolish to give up the package I have now for the sake of a test. Both your suggestion look feasible and I will look into them further, thanks.

Failing previous, if possible - slingbox! Have one set up in the States and it runs flawlessly 24/7.