Thailand's Yellow Shirts Regroup, Seek Comeback

webfact

If they didn't want Thaksin to come back they would not have elected his party. ...

You can't possibly be that simple-minded or naive. Let me make it easy for you: If you change from an all-Western diet to an all-Asian one, and your weight goes down, could anyone with a brain say it was due to the rice? There is absolutely no way to tell from that little information. Maybe it WAS from the rice. Maybe from the cucumbers. Maybe it was because you ate less. Maybe any one of a dozen other things.

If I voted for the XYZ party, can anyone tell from that fact alone whether I chose XYZ because I liked the candidate's nose or whether it was his shoes that swayed me? Or maybe his promises, or his cash payment? You just can't tell.

So how in the heck can you come to the conclusion that ONE factor (albeit a big one at that) was the driving force for ticking a certain box on the ballot in this last election? Maybe people voted for PTP in spite of their concern that it might bring Thaksin back. There's just no way to know, and normally only the feeble minded would make such statements to other feeble brained people as you just did and expect them to accept it.

The next thing that comes to mind is that you clearly have no idea at all of what ges on during elections upcountry. I personally have followed the elections of several of my relatives upcountry. Understand that I'm not saying here that I heard something from somebody that heard something that thought he may have seen something. The people I am talking about were my relatives, spoke directly to me and my other relatives, bitched and bragged and explained the facts of life to me directly. I got to SEE with my own eyes much of this stuff. I saw the real electoral process in action and do not have to rely on reports from folks that are visitors at best. Some of my relatives were successful, and others were not - heck, in one case both opposing candidates were my relatives - but either way I got to see how the elections REALLY work. I can assure you without reservation that the only thing upcountry elections have in common with democracy is the fact that they use a ballot box.

The country has elections. That is beyond debate. What the country has never yet had is true democracy. I know that all of us at TV hope that changes. Right now Thailand has an electoral system, but it does not have democracy. Many of us have differing ideas as to how to best have true democracy come about, but NEVER try to fool yourself into thinking that the number of votes for a candidate shows support for either the candidate or their ideas. If you forget this one simple fact, you'll never truly understand what is happening here politically.

You and I are the only ones in Thailand who want a democracy and I'm not so sure about me. During and before the election I listened to countless yellow shirts tell me that the red shirts were not smart enough to vote and that a democratic process would be fruitless because the wrong person would get elected. Go over to the coup thread and check out all our Aussie brothers or Swedish sisters supporting assassination and a coup as long as it was to rid Thailand of Thaksin. I would give you some more information but it is my experience to limit my posts to two points if I want them understood.

If they didn't want Thaksin to come back they would not have elected his party. Poor people like Thaksin and rich people and Thai Visa posters like Abhisit. This situation has been allowed to get out of hand because the rich people have too much money in proportion to the poor people. You all will figure it out eventually. Ask the guy with the mass murderer for an avatar he'll fill you in.

You are a funny comedian. Is kerryk your stage name?

Good post Nicky. Remember it is never too late to go back to school. Try internet etiquette. It is accepted among civilized people to respond to thoughts in a post rather than attack the poster. Well except on Thai Visa of course.

If they didn't want Thaksin to come back they would not have elected his party. Poor people like Thaksin and rich people and Thai Visa posters like Abhisit. This situation has been allowed to get out of hand because the rich people have too much money in proportion to the poor people. You all will figure it out eventually. Ask the guy with the mass murderer for an avatar he'll fill you in.

They didn't elect his party.

They voted for money in one form or another.

Mostly:

They voted for money in one form AND another.

Do you mean both parties or just Thaksin's party?

Mostly:

Pheua Thai's posters in the election campaign were full of populist promises in bright letters. The promise to bring Thaksin home was made by Chalerm in Issan but the spotlight was on the pledges for 300 baht minimum wage, 15,000 baht minimum wage for degree holders,1 tablet one child, 15,000 baht per tonne for rice to farmers.

• Like 1

Mostly:

Pheua Thai's posters in the election campaign were full of populist promises in bright letters. The promise to bring Thaksin home was made by Chalerm in Issan but the spotlight was on the pledges for 300 baht minimum wage, 15,000 baht minimum wage for degree holders,1 tablet one child, 15,000 baht per tonne for rice to farmers.

Did you not see the question that you answered? Or just ignore it? Or it was too hard to answer?

Mostly:

There are not just 2 political parties in Thailand. Tlansford has stated that there are 39.

Vote buying goes on amongst most if not all at some level. Maybe its as simple as some free eggs or more seriously actual money or freebies like the rice pledging or minimum wage.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Are you suggesting that people south of Bangkok are rich and people north of Bangkok are poor?

Do you also expect me to believe that all the rich business people in the north voted Democrats?

I suppose you think that if Thaksin had been able to vote, he would have voted Democrats too, because he is rich.

Do you honestly believe that the ONLY reason people voted for PTP was to bring back Thaksin?

I don't think you're an idiot, but you say some idiotic things.

Sent from my shoe phone

Did you not see the question that you answered? Or just ignore it? Or it was too hard to answer?

Aren't we talking about the people who voted PTP?

Not PTP. Everything but PTP! Am I the only one who reads English here?

Mostly:

not much vote buying from the Dems

Obviously you don't understand it!!!!

Are you suggesting that people south of Bangkok are rich and people north of Bangkok are poor?

Do you also expect me to believe that all the rich business people in the north voted Democrats?

I suppose you think that if Thaksin had been able to vote, he would have voted Democrats too, because he is rich.

Do you honestly believe that the ONLY reason people voted for PTP was to bring back Thaksin?

Sent from my shoe phone

No, I am suggesting that 1% of the population holds the vast majority of the wealth of Thailand and Abhisit represented those folks. Recently there has been a deal done and Thaksin now represents them so he can come home. Everything is OK don't worry. Be happy.

Everybody knows the PTP pays money for votes. The question was, "Do you mean both parties or just Thaksin's party?" Get it? I don't want to leave Moruya out of the discussion. Can someone who speaks his language help him?

Everybody knows the PTP pays money for votes. The question was, "Do you mean both parties or just Thaksin's party?" Get it? I don't want to leave Moruya out of the discussion. Can someone who speaks his language help him?

Try reading thread 183 once more.

I'll draw a Venn diagram if need be

Try reading thread 183 once more.

I'll draw a Venn diagram if need be

The question was, "Are both parties giving money for votes?" The answer would have been a simple yes or no or an which parties out of the 39 were not paying money for votes. It seems simple to me.

• Like 1

"We have successfully overthrown three prime ministers, which proves our track record is excellent," says Chamlong, co-leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD), whose yellow-clad members shut down Bangkok's international airport in 2008.

"We have the ability to overthrow another government again if need be."

We?

I thought it was the : Army (Coup), Court (J.Coup), and the ........ (you fill in yourself, not me saying it).

Mark's party give out own pocket money (from donors like East Water, TPI, etc) to buy vote. That is OK.

However, Thaksin party use tax money (some of it is mine) to buy vote. This is call cheating stealing and corruption.

If you still don't understand, let me give you an example.

You bring your bargirl out for dinner, have sex, what ever, and you pay for it. That is OK.

You bring your bargirl out for dinner, have sex what ever, than ask for a receipt and claim it back as company expense (client's entertainment etc). This is call cheating stealing and corruption.

Mark's party give out own pocket money (from donors like East Water, TPI, etc) to buy vote. That is OK.

However, Thaksin party use tax money (some of it is mine) to buy vote. This is call cheating stealing and corruption.

You bring your bargirl out for dinner, have sex, what ever, and you pay for it. That is OK.

You bring your bargirl out for dinner, have sex what ever, than ask for a receipt and claim it back as company expense (client's entertainment etc). This is call cheating stealing and corruption.

Thank you for answering that and I guess the point should be made that the money that threw Thaksin out was also taxpayer money.

Thank you for answering that and I guess the point should be made that the money that threw Thaksin out was also taxpayer money.

The money that threw Thaksin out was indeed taxpayer money, but it is an INVESTMENT with handsome returns.

The returns is 46 Billion in cash from Thaksin pocket credit back to tax pot. My calculation say that is a 12% IRR. Not bad.

You are a funny comedian. Is kerryk your stage name?

Good post Nicky. Remember it is never too late to go back to school. Try internet etiquette. It is accepted among civilized people to respond to thoughts in a post rather than attack the poster. Well except on Thai Visa of course.

I apologize for my post. Your earlier comment was way too generic.

Edited by Nickymaster

Sent from my shoe phone

No, I am suggesting that 1% of the population holds the vast majority of the wealth of Thailand and Abhisit represented those folks. Recently there has been a deal done and Thaksin now represents them so he can come home. Everything is OK don't worry. Be happy.

"Poor people like Thaksin" ... except for a lot of the poor people south of Bangkok.

"Rich people ... like Abhisit" ... except for a lot of the rich people north of Bangkok.

I don't think your generalizations hold water.