Fake Cops Trick Briton And Thai Wife In Pattaya

webfact

Pattaya: Two Fake Cops & Women Trick Briton and Thai Wife

p21.jpg

A British man reported to the police that he was tricked by two fake cops and a Thai woman who stole 12,000 THB

PATTAYA – June 16, 2012 [PDN]; Miss Prakay Janpo 40 years-old and Mr Mr.Paul Denaam 59 years-old reported to Pol.Capt. Chaleaw Boonkum, that they had been tricked by two men saying that they were police officers, the fake cops took 12,000 THB, a mobile phone and Mister Denaam’s passport before disappearing.

The incident happened at Diana Dragon hotel in Soi Bua Khao, Pattaya. Mrs. Prakai said that she and her British husband had been together for a month.

That very morning they were drunk and they had quarrelled. The British husband said he wanted to break up with her.

In the morning of June 16, they were fighting again and telling each other off. Suddenly a Thai woman aged about 30 appeared and wanted to help the couple.

The Thai women convinced Mr.Paul Denaam to bring her to their room.

When they reached to the hotel counter. The two women started arguing. The security guard intervened and said that they would call the police.

Full story: http://www.pattayada...-and-thai-wife/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2012-06-18

footer_n.gif

The article says

"The real police officers questioned the victims and checked the CCTV footage and found out that the stocky man is Mr. Wattanahai Srikamnoi, or “Ong” aged 22, living at house # 313/102. Moo 10 Banglamoong. Profession : civil defence volunteer.

The police will interrogate Mr. “Ong” whether he is involved in the case or not."

In what sense could he not be involved in the case?

• Like 2

Based on the pictures, the husband was disguised as much like a policemen as the other guys. I'm sorry this happened to them but it doesn't look like these guys put much of an effort in their deception.

The incident happened at Diana Dragon hotel in Soi Bua Khao, Pattaya. Mrs. Prakai said that she and her British husband had been together for a month.

That very morning they were drunk and they had quarrelled. The British husband said he wanted to break up with her.

The British husband and the Thai b....(bar b.)

Married in one month, why not? I'm sure the "cops" were NOT her brothers, friends, ex pimps. And that in Soi Bukake.........

The guys seem to be Laurel and Hardy........

Don't they sell fake passports in Pattaya?laugh.png

Edited by sirchai

The article says

"The real police officers questioned the victims and checked the CCTV footage and found out that the stocky man is Mr. Wattanahai Srikamnoi, or “Ong” aged 22, living at house # 313/102. Moo 10 Banglamoong. Profession : civil defence volunteer.

The police will interrogate Mr. “Ong” whether he is involved in the case or not."

The real police officers was speaking real Thai. This is a translation into English. Why not ask for a verbatim record of what the officer said in Thai, which I'm sure you read, and then make snide comments on what he actually said.

Married for a month??

Hmmmm...

Yes, it's like a red flag. I mean who goes around being married for one month? dam_n suspicious.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

The article says

In English law no one is guilty until provan so in a court of law, in the UK often pictures of persons committing a crime may be published to help ID the villain but always carefully worded as not to actually accuse them.

Profession = Civil Defense Volunteer, how can that be a profession as volunteers do not get paid, unless their expenses (tea money collected) provide a sustainable income.

The article says

TIT. If he pays a share of the 12,000 to the right people then clearly he will not have been involved in anything dodgy.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

"Mrs. Prakai said that she and her British husband had been together for a month.

That very morning they were drunk and they had quarrelled. The British husband said he wanted to break up with her."

A remarkable way of life indeed.

• Like 1

Another stupid plonker of a farang bet his mrs was mixed up in it somewhere along the line !!!

Please lets stop this blame the victim nonsense. Regardless of the guy's choices calling him an idiot for being conned is silly. Is that really the kind of community you want to be apart of? Hope nothing ever happens to you in LOS otherwise you might be called an idiot yourself in the future.

Edited by hungryhippo

I wonder if the "wakie takie" was a device that the "police" used to help this couple to "wake up" before they "take up" their kind offer of 12,000 bht for mediation services rendered.

Fools and money are soon parted

JAF

Absolutely! Is there a country that can beat Thailand for this kind of nonsense? Is there any other country where westerners behave with such stupidity? If so, please tell me. The stories should be wonderful.

Could happen somewhere else with similar demographics. Never been there but maybe Angeles City? Is there another place in the world like Pattaya?

The article says

The real police officers was speaking real Thai. This is a translation into English. Why not ask for a verbatim record of what the officer said in Thai, which I'm sure you read, and then make snide comments on what he actually said.

They found out that the footage showed the stocky man to be Ong, and will interrogate whether he will be involved in the case or not? Why would he not be involved in the case? In any language? Or do you mean it's just a mistranslation in the article?

As for snide, get off your high horse! I'm not really interested enough to obtain or trawl through a verbatim transcript, it just seemed like a very strange wording of quite an important piece of the story. Great for you if you can read Thai, my hero.

By the way, "officer was" or "officers were speaking real Thai," in real English (that was snide.)

Basil

They didn't have to accuse him either. "Helping police with their enquiries" was the usual terminology last I knew.

Edited by NBD

The article says

Married for a month??

Hmmmm...

Yes, it's like a red flag. I mean who goes around being married for one month? dam_n suspicious.

One expects a newspaper reporter, to be careful with his translations and descriptions... Yes, English is a much more precise language than Thai (as is German), which explains why such translations are so hilarious...LOL

seems like the security guard was in on the action with the second woman. i would think the hotel would make sure heads roll.

also, nothing was mentioned about what the farang was told when he went into the room with the phony cop and second woman. what were the threats made or fabricated charges discussed?

knowing how corrupt the BIB are in general and in pattaya in particular, it is not surprising that it was difficult to tell the "good guys" from the bad. It was just extortion by a different bunch of thugs...

And when everyone around you is speaking in a language you don't understand and citing laws that are unfamiliar, it's easy to see how the easiest exit is to pay the money.

Is almost like a completely different story being reported here.

In this new version they are not even married and the money was to pay the girl to leave the premises which she did but the 2 men never gave her the money.

Edited by Jayman

The article says

What will be his excuse I wonder? "Yes I have their cash, phone and passport but I was just keeping them safe until the sobered up."

The article says

In the sense they lost the CCTV Tapes and sense all Thai's look alike to farrang they cannot prosecute. Besides...even though the two Thai guys were impersinating an officer, they were actually caring on as volinteer civil servants so in this case we wouldn't be able to help you.....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifw00t.gifermm.gif idiots

I wonder if the "wakie takie" was a device that the "police" used to help this couple to "wake up" before they "take up" their kind offer of 12,000 bht for mediation services rendered.

Fools and money are soon parted

JAF

Absolutely! Is there a country that can beat Thailand for this kind of nonsense? Is there any other country where westerners behave with such stupidity? If so, please tell me. The stories should be wonderful.

Could happen somewhere else with similar demographics. Never been there but maybe Angeles City? Is there another place in the world like Pattaya?

Watch this space in Cambodia and Myanmar. They will soon catch up and yes, all the same cons will be tried on those who are vulnerable, but I believe older foreigners are banned from marrying young Cambodian Ladies. Bit of a nonsense really as they will just cohabitate and gf will have less security.

I believe older foreigners are banned from marrying young Cambodian Ladies. Bit of a nonsense really as they will just cohabitate and gf will have less security.

Cutoff is 50, and above that you can't even marry an 80-year-old.

No problem while you're living there, but your "not wife" won't be allowed to get any paperwork to leave the country (or perhaps for an extra fee. . . )

Really don't know how that's working out for them over there, most likely one day some human-rights issue will make it go away. . .

One expects a newspaper reporter, to be careful with his translations and descriptions... Yes, English is a much more precise language than Thai (as is German), which explains why such translations are so hilarious...LOL

It isn't a matter of being careful, it's the fact that they're too cheap to have any NES on staff even as proofreaders much less reporters.