Poll: Do You Fear Posting Because Many Posts Are Hostile?

PaullyW

Do you fear posting because many posts are hostile?  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

His first post and the comments had nothing to do with being new , it had to do with the fact that people disagreed with him , and it wasn't overtly hostile , rude, or uneducated , he only felt that way because he didn't hear what he wanted to hear ...... pretty much the same as this post and no doubt what we will be looking foward to in the future.

Will you be happy if I admit AGAIN to my mistake? I stated in the OP that I was emotional about the situation. However, I'll state again, that the bashing of me started prior to my posting of the text you keep mentioning.

Yes, yes. Two wrongs don't make it right. I know. But, please, the bashing began as soon as I posted.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again I don't get what you are saying. You talk about 'imposing the majority opinion" on forum members. How exactly can anyone, especially on an internet forum, impose their beliefs or opinions on anyone else? Unless of course that person is easily lead and doesn't have the strength of their convictions. I'm sorry, but in my opinion your comment carries no weight at all.

it's call bashing

when a dozen of people put their wit together to destroy someone's image

It's just a new form of bullying

At school some kids commit suicide after mass bullying on facebook

Nothing to "grow balls" about

Ok. Bashing is possibly an acceptable term for what may occasionally occur. Actually, this thread had already given me pause for thought on the effects of "internet bullying" on kids but, I honestly don't think anything happens anywhere near that extreme level on this forum. You may feel differently?

Again I don't get what you are saying. You talk about 'imposing the majority opinion" on forum members. How exactly can anyone, especially on an internet forum, impose their beliefs or opinions on anyone else? Unless of course that person is easily lead and doesn't have the strength of their convictions. I'm sorry, but in my opinion your comment carries no weight at all.

it's call bashing

Ok. Bashing is possibly an acceptable term for what may occasionally occur. Actually, this thread had already given me pause for thought on the effects of "internet bullying" on kids but, I honestly don't think anything happens anywhere near that extreme level on this forum. You may feel differently?

It happens quite a lot, in my reading over the years. And, in my opinion, it has gotten worse, despite the mods great job moderating. (not discussing moderation here)

His first post and the comments had nothing to do with being new , it had to do with the fact that people disagreed with him , and it wasn't overtly hostile , rude, or uneducated , he only felt that way because he didn't hear what he wanted to hear ...... pretty much the same as this post and no doubt what we will be looking foward to in the future.

Will you be happy if I admit AGAIN to my mistake? I stated in the OP that I was emotional about the situation. However, I'll state again, that the bashing of me started prior to my posting of the text you keep mentioning.

Yes, yes. Two wrongs don't make it right. I know. But, please, the bashing began as soon as I posted.

http://www.thaivisa....rotect-our-own/

You call it bashing I call it people just disagreeing with you , and just because it started from the beginning doesnt mean it's just because you were new , it was because people had a difference of opinion and you percieved it as bashing because you didn't hear what you wanted to hear.

A common error prevalent a few years ago was for the resident bullies & their cohorts to assume that all new posters were like all new kids at school ie younger than the bullies & with no experience in whatever they were commenting about, resulting in them (the bullies) having carte blance in ripping posts to shreds & blatantly gloating while doing so. Anyone who dared to challenge these posters were set upon by the pack "you've only got xx posts/been here xx weeks" & in extreme cases found themselves suspended.

In my experience the average poster is middle aged with a full work record in his chosen field with perhaps a business here too & is therefore far from an idiot. A substantial number of residents are silent visitors to this site because they have been shot down in the past.

TV of late does seem to have sorted it's act out but if the OP is saying it's still going on they need to keep at it.

Very true, and that's how I feel. This happened to me yesterday. I plan to just be more of a reader, as I've been in the past years. I feel like you really only 'get to' comment if you agree with the flow of the conversation. It's like sitting in a wine bar with friends. You only open your mouth to comment if you have something to say in agreement.

Come on PW. If you only open your mouth in agreement you are hardly having a discussion. I'm Irish and like a bit of "banter" wink.png

That's true.

There is nothing wrong with disagreeing or offering alternate viewpoints.

We can all think differently and have different viewpoints about different topics.

Some posters get their different viewpoints across with good grace and with a minimal of antagonism while others seem to go for the jugular.

Personally I like having the different viewpoints on different threads.

Id suggest to anyone who feels they are shot down in flames to simply ignore the post that gave offence or Hit the Ignore button a few times for various posters and you wont have to be bothered by them, if that is what you want. If replies were causing me stress or agitation I would be doing that.

• Like 1

http://www.thaivisa....rotect-our-own/

You call it bashing I call it people just disagreeing with you , and just because it started from the beginning doesnt mean it's just because you were new , it was because people had a difference of opinion and you percieved it as bashing because you didn't hear what you wanted to hear.

Ok, you win. I don't want to argue. We have a difference of opinion. I will think about what you have said.

it's call bashing

it's less reported because it's adult world,but people do weird stuffs because of the Internet (online suicide, manipulations, harassment..., hence the success of these companies that give you a "new virginity " online

I would be happy if you would try and learn fro what I am saying ...... You are the one who creates what is around you especially in a chat or post forum.

Your "mistake" is not really relevant to your overall problem , which is intentionally creating controversy and then complaining about it later.

it's call bashing

Id give u a like but I might have to explain the reason why again. wink.png

I always think of it being at an informal dinner party....everyone will have varying opinions which is healthy.

We also have a variation of time zones on TV, some people will be drinking when others are having coffee therefore sometimes it becomes heated.

it's call bashing

Tell those bullys to grow a vagina ! As some old doll said ," why grow balls? They are weak and sensitive . Grow a vagina instead , those things can take a pounding ."

• Like 2

it's call bashing

Tell those bullys to grow a vagina ! As some old doll said ," why grow balls? They are weak and sensitive . Grow a vagina instead , those things can take a pounding ."

I am not so sure with some of the characters around!whistling.gif

it's call bashing

Id give u a like but I might have to explain the reason why again. wink.png

nope perfectly clear cheers

• Like 1

I would be happy if you would try and learn fro what I am saying ...... You are the one who creates what is around you especially in a chat or post forum.

Your "mistake" is not really relevant to your overall problem , which is intentionally creating controversy and then complaining about it later.

OK, if you somehow know I have been intentionally creating controversy, then please share with me how you reach into other people's minds. That is psychic. Are you also clairvoyant? I'm being funny (trying to be).

I have learned your opinion of the situation, and I do thank you for chatting with me about it. Perhaps the next time I post a topic things will be better.

• Like 1

As long as you make reasonable, articulate and non-offensive posts, you really have nothing to fear.

If you make good posts and someone posts a silly response, they only make a fool of themselves.

Of course, certain posters consistently post such nonsense that I wish they were fearful about posting.

I'm in agreement. As an aside, as I was scrolling down the page and reached you're post I was convinced you were going to mention cricket :)

• Like 1

As long as you make reasonable, articulate and non-offensive posts, you really have nothing to fear.

If you make good posts and someone posts a silly response, they only make a fool of themselves.

Of course, certain posters consistently post such nonsense that I wish they were fearful about posting.

I'm in agreement. As an aside, as I was scrolling down the page and reached you're post I was convinced you were going to mention cricket smile.png

The ignore poster option is always there for you if you feel the need.
  • Like 1

Men already have a vagina.

I'd better google that before i commit a retort . Pure peeing my pants .

I'm in agreement. As an aside, as I was scrolling down the page and reached you're post I was convinced you were going to mention cricket smile.png

It was implicit

Never seen a bloke bleed for 7 days out of 30 and not die....so think youse is wrong.

• Like 1

Never seen a bloke bleed for 7 days out of 30 and not die....so think youse is wrong.

In a manner of speaking ...

The ignore poster option is always there for you if you feel the need.

But it does not stop the insults and you see them in quotes anyway