Poll: Do You Fear Posting Because Many Posts Are Hostile?

PaullyW

Do you fear posting because many posts are hostile?  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mostly it's just banter, taking le piss, sprekun de bullshit amongst a bunch of bored Internet expats.

Ocasionally you get the odd nut job or language based miscommunication.

But part of the fun, ignore the idiots and if you feel your being bullied, try living with my missus.She can scare the nuts of a brass monkey.

The ones I fear the most are the spelling and grammar police.The satisfaction they seem to get from pulling a half arsed post apart that I type whilst sitting in the pool is un nerving.

Best way to deal with them is reply with more errors, drives em to distraction.

Canyebelievethivene'erhadagoattheImamwi''isincomprehensiblerants?

They'refeart'e'llsetafatwaoanthim, oraferrit.

By the way, don't train your ferret on Lincoln pork sausages

SC

TV Cricket

Once bitten twice... shy

Blimey, learn something every day here, thanks. thumbsup.gif

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No fear, but I appreciate the civility of most posts here.

Its always nice to be stand out from the crowd

SC

I always stand out from the crowd. ''Look mum a farang'', reminds me of Yogi Bear, ''Look at the bear, look at the bear''. sad.png

That's true. Too much focus is given to the bad stuff...99% of posts are civil. Let's celebrate that fact. With a few wee drinkies....biggrin.png

Then see what happens....whistling.gif

That's true. Too much focus is given to the bad stuff...99% of posts are civil. Let's celebrate that fact. With a few wee drinkies....biggrin.png

Already have, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's soon. burp.gif
  • Like 1

What are you doing here? Its insomniacs...wannabe expats and those of us who can't get our gf's to go to bed on here at this time! biggrin.png

What are you doing here? Its insomniacs...wannabe expats and those of us who can't get our gf's to go to bed on here at this time! biggrin.png

I know, but wifey has gone to be with her niece who is having a new arrival. The mum of niece is a drunk so wifey doing her stuff thumbsup.gif . So l am stuck drinking beer talking to you lot, no one to cuddle. sad.png

I know, but wifey has gone to be with her niece who is having a new arrival. The mum of niece is a drunk so wifey doing her stuff thumbsup.gif . So l am stuck drinking beer talking to you lot, no one to cuddle. sad.png

Perhaps someone could PM an alien

SC

i can understand some people being reluctant to post, there are several cliques in some of the forums, who seem to verbally attack / ridicule/ give abuse to posters who have different views to their own. Me, I don't give a sh*te - if people want to waste hours of their days, trying to change my mind on anything, that's up to them, my views never change.

On the positive side, there are some wonderful folks who post on here as well, who are helpful, polite, humourous, and informative.

• Like 1

Good thread. I do not fear them.

I just wish they would go somewhere else. The good posters outweigh the bad ones.

The Scottish posters outwha'hae the other ones

SC

We shouldn't stereotype Scottish people as all being fat...

... some of them are addicted to heroine

I just wish they would go somewhere else. The good posters outweigh the bad ones.

SC

We shouldn't stereotype Scottish people as all being fat...

... some of them are addicted to heroine

Never understood quite why some sweaties prefer a female protagonist over a bag of smack or a battered mars bar.

Edited by Geekfreaklover
  • Like 1

Do You Fear Posting Because Many Posts Are Hostile?

If you substitute ignorant for hostile, you might be a little closer to the truth.

well, we have seen TV's rapidly emerging nature of geriatric fanboys and cliques. It was only a matter of time before the retirees took over.

Edited by tinfoilhat

Do You Fear Posting Because Many Posts Are Hostile?

If you substitute ignorant for hostile, you might be a little closer to the truth.

well, we have seen TV's rapidly emerging nature of geriatric fanboys and cliques. It was only a matter of time before the retirees took over.

Hey tinfoilhat ... you really a rage against the machine sort of poster ... but I've seen your gentler side.

But what makes you so angry?

I know you could reply posters like me make you sick.gif ... but that's just a throw away line and forgotten by most as quick as it took you to write it

Why the bile?

Edited by David48

Always remember that this is the internet... Don't take it too seriously.

Forums are like school playgrounds. You gotta establish yourself and get in with the cool kids in order not to get bashed. :P

Also I think writing such a negative post attracts negativity and more hostility. Lighten up a little and get used to a little internet banter.

• Like 1

Forums are like school playgrounds. You gotta establish yourself and get in with the cool kids in order not to get bashed. tongue.png

Also I think writing such a negative post attracts negativity and more hostility. Lighten up a little and get used to a little internet banter.

what i think i dislike most about posters like Dave48 is that i suspect he actually believes something to this effect.

Forums are like school playgrounds. You gotta establish yourself and get in with the cool kids in order not to get bashed. tongue.png

what i think i dislike most about posters like Dave48 is that i suspect he actually believes something to this effect.

What is interesting tinfoilhat is that you decide to take the negative approach to most things you post.

Sure, I could have posted a caustic comment about you or what I perceive you to be.

But what's the point? In the end ... that's a dead end street.

Oh, BTW ... bash away ... it bothers me none.

Edited by David48

SC

The posters that are at one with Thai's outweigh everyone else.

Thanks MiG

I confess, my name is theblether, and I'm scared to post on Thaivisa. rolleyes.gif

For a very different reason though.