Sister Inlaw Staying Over For A Month. Driving Me Nuts.

WebBangkok

OK,

Sister inlaw is over from the UK for a holiday (she is Thai)

She has some sort of cleaning disorder or something.

As soon as we picked her up from the airport and brought her back, she went to the toilet downstairs and I can hear a scrubbing brush. She was freaking cleaning the toilet floors and walls.....lol This is like just after a 12 hour flight or so from the UK and its like 11:30PM.

Next morning I wake up and go down stairs, she is mopping the floors at 7am, this is when I wake up.

I admit, its nice to have her around, but dam_n, its kind of annoying sitting back, watching TV and there is someone constantly dusting something, cleaning the tables etc..

EVERYDAY she cleans both toilet, mops upstairs and downstairs, mops the balcony, wipes all the tables, wipes the kicthen benches, cleans the fridges (even the broken one). And cleans sheet outside all day. Sometimes even cleans the benches 5 or 6 times a day....

The only thing I think needs cleaning is the car, but feel like I am pushing it if I ask her lol

But man, she is great to have, but its annoying to move anywhere in the house and here the water running, something scrubbing or seeing someone in the corner of the eye constant cleaning sheet....

I told her to not worry about it, but she says, no its dirty and its ok she likes cleaning....

What the hell do I say to that? I want her to stop cleaning for F sake.

You want to get rid of her? She free to stay here for the full time of her stay,and I will stock up on cleaning products.

Please send me PM with your address and I will even come pick her up.

Only problem is that she doesn't like to cook.

Wow it must be getting crowded there with her and your father in law moving in. Actually as your in laws are multimillionaires I guess you've got a big house.

No the father-inlaw is, but he doesnt share his money with us, only with the other family and kids with his GF who did him over. Doesnt give anything to the kids on my wifes side really.

But we have a decent size house in the out skirts of Bangkok.

But lets not talk about him, I have some real issues with him, he is a control freak. A type of guy you don;t want in the passenger seat with you, he tries to tell you where to park, when to take over someone and to go faster or slower.

You want to get rid of her? She free to stay here for the full time of her stay,and I will stock up on cleaning products.

Never mind, meals included. Do we have a deal or are you backtracking now?

Deal,

But no funny business.

• Like 1

Deal,

But no funny business.

The car engine is running already, will stop on the way to buy some more cleaning stuff.
  • Like 1

I told her to not worry about it, but she says, no its dirty

Hmmm, wonder what your wife is thinking about this? rolleyes.gif

She has been like that all her life. But she likes it and jokes that she should stay here for good.

Thing is, she recently just got divorced in the UK, so it could be a possibility somewhere down the track for a short period of time. Lets hope she wants to stay in the UK.

before you make a deal with Pipo1000, (not to be confused with Pipo9980)tongue.png

I will double what he is offering,, and throw in my sister in law, I assure you, my sister in law will not be cleaning anything .laugh.png

before you make a deal with Pipo1000, (not to be confused with Pipo9980)tongue.png

I will double what he is offering,, and throw in my sister in law, I assure you, my sister in law will not be cleaning anything .laugh.png

Post a full length photo and I may even offer you triple the best offer, one assumes I must supply the french maids uniform ?

Has anybody considered that this woman might have OCD and needs professional help rather than just taking the piss?

So nice to have some real compassionate members around here.thumbsup.gif So instead of dressing her in the French outfit, we will send her to your clinic!

OK ... serious hat on.

Maybe she considers it an honour to stay with you and that her cleaning was a show of respect to you and your Missus ... particularly if she considers her sister to be of a higher status then her.

Also it might be her routine which she is replicating in your home.

I know that when I visit the Family Farm, I want to 'fix or repair' things because I wish to show respect to the Farm parents because then don't ask for money.

But I understand ... it's darn annoying when YOU just want to kick back and chill.

Has anybody considered that this woman might have OCD and needs professional help rather than just taking the piss?

So nice to have some real compassionate members around here.thumbsup.gif So instead of dressing her in the French outfit, we will send her to your clinic!

Only if she's got the raging clap.

When the missus relatives stay they all like to sweep and clean, I kind of gather that it is a way of contributing while they are there, a kind of thanks for putting me up. Better than lounging around on the sofa watching Thai soapies and chugging back all your beers. See the postive.

Should've headed for New York rather than Thailand then.

Seriously send her over here, my maids would welcome a break. . .

My SIL is better... she works +60 hours per week in the office then comes to our place at the weekends to help with our house, child and business... she stays at her own place and never asks us for any money

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Aside from cleaning, is she cooking too? Whilst cleaning, does she keep talking at you? Did she arrive with a battery operated vacuum cleaner?

If so, you're having my sister staying, although my sister isn't Thai and you probably wouldn't stand her for one month. I only guess but I believe it's some kind of cleansing ritual used in Yoga.

When my sister used to visit, I took her around my friends were, whilst we were drinking, she was

cooking or cleaning. Was a bit embarrassing at the beginning but my friends love my sister and

they can't wait till she's coming to holiday again.

Was thinking of starting something like "Rent-a-Sister", at least I can leave my cigarette packets,

keys, glasses, etc.. laying around without having this hobbit whizzing around my legs all the time

Hmmm, just thinking, haven't had my sister round for a couple of years now .....