Bangkok BTS Proudly Achieves Tokyo-Grade Passenger Discomfort

george

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor George. He has not traveled much and brought this junk article to the admiring public, as a teenage googler.

Mickey Moyse BTS does as much ferrying per month as most (of many) of Tokyo rail companies do per day.

2 million passengers through Shinjuku station, daily. Daily, more than 4 months worth of the BTS mickey mouse chuggy on all stations together.

If BTS were in Tokyo, it would have had not only 4 carriages, it would have had a circular of 150km long ring composition bumper to bumper going around the city. And that would be only 1 line, out of dozens.

Edit; you can make a substandard rail system crowded anywhere, in Nairobi, without doing much value to the economy.

That's what mickey mouse BTS is. Incomplete, out of the needs, solved nothing about traffic jams.

The BTS is NOT a public transport system. More likely, a "manifestation of it".

Im guessing you missed the satire.

people can be thick

On second reading, the article was a satire indeed. I apologize for jumping to what I said.

Poor George. He has not traveled much and brought this junk article to the admiring public, as a teenage googler.

Mickey Moyse BTS does as much ferrying per month as most (of many) of Tokyo rail companies do per day.

2 million passengers through Shinjuku station, daily. Daily, more than 4 months worth of the BTS mickey mouse chuggy on all stations together.

If BTS were in Tokyo, it would have had not only 4 carriages, it would have had a circular of 150km long ring composition bumper to bumper going around the city. And that would be only 1 line, out of dozens.

Edit; you can make a substandard rail system crowded anywhere, in Nairobi, without doing much value to the economy.

That's what mickey mouse BTS is. Incomplete, out of the needs, solved nothing about traffic jams.

The BTS is NOT a public transport system. More likely, a "manifestation of it".

Im guessing you missed the satire.

people can be thick

On second reading, the article was a satire indeed. I apologize for jumping to what I said.

You think too mut.

• 2 weeks later...

What is BTS trying to do??? Showing that Bangkok reached the list of Top Cities of the world or that BTS already can be compared with the public transport in London or Tokyo?

Now since a year or so the service-level of BTS has come down, more or less the time they started demounting the in / out ticket-machines obviously to save some money by re-using them in their new stations.

Not the first time I see crowds of passengers like this gathered to be transported................

Having lived in Tokyo and attended highschool in Japan I find this story difficult to believe. For a start, trains on many of the lines in Tokyo, as well as the subways, are 12-15 cars long. On the Yamamote line the time between trains is often as little as 30 seconds. Trains have 4 pairs of doors on each side while Skytrain only has 3 pairs. I've travelled on the subway in Tokyo on days when my feet didn't touch the floor because we were packed in so tight. In Tokyo they've even introduced women-only cars to improve privacy on overcrowded trains.

I don't deny that BTS is crowded and popular, but these guys ARE having themselves on when they make such claims.

You do realize that this article was a joke, right?

A parody based around the humourous idea that the Thai BTS is actually trying to achieve the gross overcrowding of trains that occurs in Japan as a deliberate policy, rather than this happening as a result of mismanagement and incompetence??

No sane spokesman would boast about how uncomfortable and inefficient his company had made travelling on their transit system.

Were you born without a sense of humour???

Having lived in Tokyo and attended highschool in Japan I find this story difficult to believe. For a start, trains on many of the lines in Tokyo, as well as the subways, are 12-15 cars long. On the Yamamote line the time between trains is often as little as 30 seconds. Trains have 4 pairs of doors on each side while Skytrain only has 3 pairs. I've travelled on the subway in Tokyo on days when my feet didn't touch the floor because we were packed in so tight. In Tokyo they've even introduced women-only cars to improve privacy on overcrowded trains.

I don't deny that BTS is crowded and popular, but these guys ARE having themselves on when they make such claims.

You do realize that this article was a joke, right?

A parody based around the humourous idea that the Thai BTS is actually trying to achieve the gross overcrowding of trains that occurs in Japan as a deliberate policy, rather than this happening as a result of mismanagement and incompetence??

No sane spokesman would boast about how uncomfortable and inefficient his company had made travelling on their transit system.

Were you born without a sense of humour???

Using a quick count it seems over 10 people posted on this thread without realising that the article was from NOT The Nation. http://notthenation.com/

Though, the tone and content of the article should have made it obvious.