Non-B Extension Without Wp

I currently have a non-b visa which states I must present my work permit to immigration by the 15th August. I do not actually start my new job until a few days before that deadline, and i've asked my employer about getting my WP now. That was sort of brushed off (by Thai admin staff), with the answer they will apply for it in August.

I know my employer will have no problem attesting that the WP is in the process of being applied for, and providing all relevent documentation to support this, but can the visa be extended without a WP?

Cheers,

'LL'

If you have the company documents and work permit application they will put an application under consideration stamp in your passport pending issuance of the the work permit then they will finish the extension by putting the new permit to stamp in your passport.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

It depends on the area are in.....

For example, Phuket Immigration insist on seeing the Work Permit itself along with all the other papers plus PND 1 Tax Returns for the previous month before making an Extension of Permission to Stay on the basis of employment in the Kingdom of Thailand (Police Order 777/2551 Section 2.1); they will not accept the WP3 Receipt in lieu of the WP.

Edited by digitalchromakey

The document requirement for section 2.1 extension of stay under Police Order 777/2551 is

Copy of work permit (in the case of change of workplace, an acknowledgment of application

may be used)

as outlined in

Supporting Documents for Consideration of an Alien’s Application for a Temporary Stay

in the Kingdom of Thailand

Attachment to Order of the Immigration Bureau

No. 305/2551 dated December 3, 2008

• Like 1