Iphone5 (New Iphone?) Release Sept-Oct?

FarangBha

Evening all.

GFs iP4 is on the blink. Been dying a slow death since warrantee finished (AIS dragged out the excuses till then anyway ...).

So she can get at replacement if she pays 7k.

Or she can sell it for 14k, quoted and buy fresh.

A quick search of the rumour mill suggests possible Sep-Oct release of iP5 ... and with these things we should always wait for the new one, right.

Whats the way to go here??

Evening all.

GFs iP4 is on the blink. Been dying a slow death since warrantee finished (AIS dragged out the excuses till then anyway ...).

So she can get at replacement if she pays 7k.

Or she can sell it for 14k, quoted and buy fresh.

A quick search of the rumour mill suggests possible Sep-Oct release of iP5 ... and with these things we should always wait for the new one, right.

Whats the way to go here??

Find a good shop and get it fixed for way less than 7k... whats wrong with it?

Anyone's guess on the release date, one thing Apple does do is keep this kinda thing secret until they unveil the product...

Typically that's at the end of Q3/start of Q4 for the iPhone, or at least it has been in the past.

as for what to do with the existing phone, take it down to MBK or Fortune and try and get a better quote for fixing it, if the price is still a bit high then just chop it in for the 14k as quoted and either use a cheaper phone as a stop-gap or get a 4s and resell it later when the 5 is out (at a small loss)

The 4s is a nice upgrade (faster, better camera), and I'd get that if my 4 weren't working.

I do plan on getting the 5 whenever it comes out. You can be pretty sure the next Iphone will be out in the 4th quarter of 2012, but I don't think there's any more precise info than that.

Calls constantly cut off. Speaker activates itself when on a call. Etc. Think its more than a cheap fix can fix.

Whats your thoughts on when ip5 is due?

Do a reset on it by holding the top power button and the bottom one down at the same time till the phone shuts off. Then update to the newest update and see if that fixes your problem. I had very little problems with my 4. My 4s is a bit faster and I like this too. Hope that helps ya.