No Order To Open Fire On The Crowds In 2010: Abhisit

webfact

Is that how it works ... I'll have to remember that.

as your alias states, ... why bother, it isn't going to change your mind anyway, ... but if you are really interested, then you will find it. I don't need to spoon feed you.

I looked. I can't find anything. You are certainly not going to change my mind if you can't provide any evidence.

Sent from my shoe phone

I'm not going to change your mind with evidence, either.

What evidence?

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to change your mind with evidence, either.

If you can provide evidence of a UDD protestor being killed before the evening of April 10th when the grenades exploded amoung the troops, killing several, then I will be happy to be change my mind.

TH

• Like 1

How does it seem that I was not here? Besides being irrelevant, it is also incorrect, nor would I know how you could possibly know my where-abouts at the time.

If you were in Bangkok during the mayhem then you would have stated that and posted some of your first-hand observations in your many posts on the topic. Saying that your location is irrelevant may indicate that you were not in Bangkok and more likely far away. So where were you? As you are a diving instructor, were you in Koh Tao in April and May 2010?

with all due respect, it is none of your business.

Your assumption that I would have told the forum where I was during the protests is not correct. If it were relevant, then I would mention it. It is not, so I don't.

As for your other comments, I am also an accomplished musician, so what?

He wasn't there. He couldn't get down from the ivory tower and the high horse had ridden off.

It doesn't worry him though, he just picks and chooses the segments of Thai and Western society to fit his agenda. He puts western spin on elections and army shooting protesters when it suits and Thai spin - education better under Taksin etc when that suits him.

Most posters try to make sense of things in Thailand to help them cope better with understanding, whilst using western experience as a reference

Posters like TL and PPD just cherry pick which societies standards suit their opinion for the day.

They'll tell you that election results and parliamentary behaviour is how it's done in Thailand and that's how it's always been that way and ultimately it's the Thai way

Then they'll go all "west" and admonish the Army's response to the riots, never once accepting the same rationale that's how it's always been that way and ultimately it's the Thai way.,

or they'll just write "BS" on anything that doesn't subscribe to their shit stirring views

Can I take it that by "sh#t stirring" views you refer to any posts that may not agree with your viewpoint? Or do you mean something more profound that I missed.

This is a key point at which I see that Abhisit, despite his UK roots, has no respect for democracy and this is a key reason why IMO his actions as PM were oriented towards maintaining power rather than doing the right thing for Thailand.

Yes, allowing his opponents 10+ weeks of free protest in the capital city, and then he called early elections to allow himself to be voted out, and stepping down gracefully and wishing PTP best wishes during their time in office, are the actions of a man who will never let go of power.

It is the reason that I don't view him as any more admirable or respectable than I do Thaksin.

I wonder if the families of the 2500+ people Thaksin had extrajudicially killed, would feel the same way as you do about his admirable respectability. Or for that matter, Thaksin giving big hugs to a Cambodian mass-murdering and mass-torturing tyrant. Abhisit can't compete with that level of admirable respectability, its such a hard act to follow isn't it.

ermm.gif

your comprehension is lacking, I neither respect Thaksin nor Abhisit.

But the way you write, it is almost as if you believe that what you think is in my head were actually what I think. While that is not true, thanks for trying.

And your glowing endorsement of Ahisit is a joke.

Your assumption that I would have told the forum where I was during the protests is not correct. If it were relevant, then I would mention it. It is not, so I don't.

What do you play Mr. Lansford?

He blows Thaksin's trumpet.

• Like 1

- deleted -

If you were in Bangkok during the mayhem then you would have stated that and posted some of your first-hand observations in your many posts on the topic. Saying that your location is irrelevant may indicate that you were not in Bangkok and more likely far away. So where were you? As you are a diving instructor, were you in Koh Tao in April and May 2010?

He wasn't there. He couldn't get down from the ivory tower and the high horse had ridden off.

It doesn't worry him though, he just picks and chooses the segments of Thai and Western society to fit his agenda. He puts western spin on elections and army shooting protesters when it suits and Thai spin - education better under Taksin etc when that suits him.

Most posters try to make sense of things in Thailand to help them cope better with understanding, whilst using western experience as a reference

Posters like TL and PPD just cherry pick which societies standards suit their opinion for the day.

They'll tell you that election results and parliamentary behaviour is how it's done in Thailand and that's how it's always been that way and ultimately it's the Thai way

Then they'll go all "west" and admonish the Army's response to the riots, never once accepting the same rationale that's how it's always been that way and ultimately it's the Thai way.,

or they'll just write "BS" on anything that doesn't subscribe to their shit stirring views

Can I take it that by "sh#t stirring" views you refer to any posts that may not agree with your viewpoint? Or do you mean something more profound that I missed.

Phiphidon, over 2 years of learning how to be nice in posting on the forum, reading BS, bullocks, and worse every day, now there is something wrong when I use it to call a spade a spade?

Funny, I guess the (any color but) red shirt supporting, (not) paid to protest, (un)thug (not)mob/grenade-tossing/kwai, (not)ignorant, (never)vote-buying, (un)corrupt, (anti-)Hitler/Mao/Stalin (why does Lenin never get brought up?) / Pol Pot KJII, (un)educated TVF posters have the golden right to tell others what is what.

Maybe that is a sh*t stirring view??

laugh.png

Edited by tlansford
  • Like 1

Phiphidon, over 2 years of learning how to be nice in posting on the forum, reading BS, bullocks, and worse every day, now there is something wrong when I use it to call a spade a spade?

Funny, I guess the (any color but) red shirt supporting, (not) paid to protest, (un)thug (not)mob/grenade-tossing/kwai, (not)ignorant, (never)vote-buying, (un)corrupt, (anti-)Hitler/Mao/Stalin (why does Lenin never get brought up?) / Pol Pot KJII, (un)educated TVF posters have the golden right to tell others what is what.

laugh.png

My dear man,

rule number one on here is to never lose your sense of humour

rule number two is that deep down the vast majority of westerners hate the red shirt leaders as much as they hate their equivalents in the jaundiced camp

rule number 3 is that we all really want Thailand's politics to grow up, act for the whole country and bring the nation forward

rule number 4 is that until rule number 3 happens we reserve the right to take the P155 out of any coloured shirts that we see fit

• Like 1

As usual Tlansford is being disingenuous. Many people have asked, if the links are there, post them.

There are some entertaining and thoughtful reds on here. I urge everyone to pay attention to them them instead.

Who are these entertaining and thoughtful reds? Can you give us a hint?

• Like 1

My dear man,

rule number two is never to refer to someone as "my dear man" on an internet forum at the risk of sounding like a complete and utter knob end. biggrin.png

Edited by mca
  • Like 1

My dear man,

rule number two is never to refer to someone as "my dear man" on an internet forum at the risk of sounding like a complete and utter knob end. biggrin.png

If your penis can talk you should be in a circus

But the way you write, it is almost as if you believe that what you think is in my head were actually what I think.

I think you just invented a new form of quantum reasoning. Like an inside-out Rubik's Cube of illogicality. Even though there's nothing there to understand let alone respond to, I'm impressed by your obvious effort and I thank you.

clap2.gif

My dear man,

If your penis can talk you should be in a circus

And there's one leaving in five minutes. Hang on...that's not right......

As usual Tlansford is being disingenuous. Many people have asked, if the links are there, post them.

There are some entertaining and thoughtful reds on here. I urge everyone to pay attention to them them instead.

they are sitting amongst the pious and not-so-humble yellows who are the vast majority here - you try to divide it thus:

red posters = stupid, uneducated and not worth reading without piling on insults and being rude

yellow posters = intelligent, thoughtful and 'understand' the politics of Thailand - unlike those stupid red posters who don't have a brain cell between them

• Like 1

they are sitting amongst the pious and not-so-humble yellows who are the vast majority here - you try to divide it thus:

red posters = stupid, uneducated and not worth reading without piling on insults and being rude

yellow posters = intelligent, thoughtful and 'understand' the politics of Thailand - unlike those stupid red posters who don't have a brain cell between them

Hmmm... entertaining and thoughtful... well apparently it's not you, for one.

• Like 2

laugh.png

My dear man,

rule number two is that deep down the vast majority of westerners hate the red shirt leaders as much as they hate their equivalents in the jaundiced camp

rule number 3 is that we all really want Thailand's politics to grow up, act for the whole country and bring the nation forward

rule number 4 is that until rule number 3 happens we reserve the right to take the P155 out of any coloured shirts that we see fit

haven't lost my sense of humor on the forum, but about a month ago I lost my patience. thumbsup.gif

For rule 2, there are not many opportunities to voice concerns here about the UDD or the PTP as it tends to get buried in the one-sided posting. People here certainly think (as posted in this thread even) that I am a Thaksin fan, although I have often stated my opinions about Thaksin as a PM (no integrity, not honest, and not good for Thai politics) with the reasoning behind it as well.

I agree with rule # 3 - for Thailand of course, but also for my home country where politics is seemingly going backwards as if to meet up with Thailand at some point.

Cheers

laugh.png

It will be now you have pointed it out to them. I find it quite amusing when they express their indignance about mob behaviour and then demonstrate that very same quality when posting on here. Still where would we be without checks and balances, or probably more appropriately, cheques and balances..............

• Like 1

Hmmm... entertaining and thoughtful... well apparently it's not you, for one.

Didn't take long for your case to be proved, binjalin................

• Like 1

What do you play Mr. Lansford?

He blows Thaksin's trumpet.

and ye seem to always be playing the violin for abhisit.

• Like 1

laugh.png

My dear man,

can rule number 5 be admitting when you were wrong?

It seems discussing other posters is far more important than the topic,

by several pages, even after deletions.

Nothing to see here people. Move along, stop blockng the street.

ha, the ironing is delicious.

are you not discussing other posters rather than the topic?

If you wear shirts made of chocolate, I'm sure it is, bit messy though.

Didn't take long for your case to be proved, binjalin................

nope - they nailed it! yet AGAIN...! biggrin.png

Yep, you can't out dumb dumb.

Can you play the banjo by any chance?

Edited by Thaddeus

That's just sneaky, your masters have taught you well ;)

laugh.png

My dear man,

haven't lost my sense of humor on the forum, but about a month ago I lost my patience. thumbsup.gif

For rule 2, there are not many opportunities to voice concerns here about the UDD or the PTP as it tends to get buried in the one-sided posting. People here certainly think (as posted in this thread even) that I am a Thaksin fan, although I have often stated my opinions about Thaksin as a PM (no integrity, not honest, and not good for Thai politics) with the reasoning behind it as well.

I agree with rule # 3 - for Thailand of course, but also for my home country where politics is seemingly going backwards as if to meet up with Thailand at some point.

Cheers

Understood Tom.

The "Civilised World" is no such thing.