Best Driving Range In Bangkok..

GolfAsian

I have a friend coming over from Australia. He hasn't played golf in a while and wants to hit the driving range a few times before he goes out on the course. Our favorate driving range is 'All Star Driving Range' as you can test out all different types of clubs there before you buy them and its got a good atmosphere. But its a bit of a drive in the traffic to get there.

So we want to know what your favorate driving range is? How much is it ? Can you hire clubs there and how much is that? Where is it? Ect, Please help us out?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very convenient to get to is "Tee Off 42", off the skytrain between the Ekkamai and Prakhanong stops. Balls are good @ 60 baht per tray with friendly staff and excellent food. I am often there also since i live close by and it's my favorite place to coach.

As for testing clubs on the range, "All Star Complex" is the best, i coached out there alot last year and am affiliated with Ping. They have all models for testing and a flight monitor which gives swing speed, attack angle, launch angle, distance, etc...

• 1 month later...

For sure, Greg. Lets meet and swing :).

Btw, i was with my mom for a fitting at all star at the ping shop last week. it was a good fitting, but not great. the guy started another fitting without being finished with us, but whatever. we ended up w/ a set of ping serene for mom.

as for me, im around 16 hp now. i started working w/ a guy who wanted me to swing in a very elaborate manner that i had trouble with (swinging back with the head and full weight shift to the right on the backswing). now im using a simpler approach which is somewhat inspired by stack and tilt. how do you like that?

• 4 weeks later...

I went to all star twice in the last month. We had fittings at the ping shop and one coaching lesson with greg hanrahan. The range is very good, with great shops. but there are no repair shops and no shops to buy lead tape, spare parts, shafts etc. The fitting we had was good, but not excellent. the guys in the shop went from customer to customer before finishing properly with each one. I would def recommend having quite a bit of knowledge before you get a fitting there. if not you wont be able to ask the correct questions and get the correct set for your game.

The coaching with greg was awesome. He was very helpful and really has genuine insight in the game. i think he could pretty much help any player at any level.

Thanks Chris,

It was great finally meeting you, and your mom is cool. Hope you were able to find some lead tape at Thaniya Plaza. Your ball striking is good and i look forward to seeing you again when you're here from Petchabun.