Where Are The Best Hamburgers In Bkk?

profidamus

Every once in awhile I like to have some food from home and right now it is a good hamburger. I live in the Pratunam area and I have not found one place around here. I am looking for a big fat, juicy hamburger, with onions and pickles, mustard and ketchup, a slice of sharp cheddar cheese, and a toasted bun. Are you as hungry as I am?

Seriiously, if you know of any really good places please let me know.

Thanks,

bob

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a place on Soi Rangnam called Teesud Isaan Inter which was apparently proclaimed "the best burger in Bangkok" by The Post, I believe. I've had the burgers there -- not bad, but I'm a little spoiled by having lived in Los Angeles for 20 years and eating at places like The Apple Pan and In-n-Out Burger. The flavor is good, they give you ketchup, mustard, onion, pickle, and a toasted bun, but the size is a bit on the small side and it's New Zealand beef, not the same quality as American stuff, with a few bits of gristle mixed in so that occasionally you'll bite into what feels like a pebble.... yechh.

The other decent burger I've had is from a cart at the entrance to Nana Plaza - they fire up the griddle at 9PM - of course I only go there for the burgers... :o

Teesud Isaan Inter rulz! Their food is really top notch...Icelandic cod fillet in beer batter...mmmm....

Bob, have you tried Outback steakhouse? I haven't had burgers there, but their other food seems to be good quality.

If you're in the Sukhumvit area evening time:

The best burgers / cheeseburgers I've eaten in Bangkok are made by the Big Mango Bar in Nana Plaza, and reasonably priced (69 / 79 baht happy hour 5-8 pm, and 99 / 109 baht after 8 pm).

Cheeseburgers on foodcart in front of NEP are tasty, but IMHO too greasy. Texas Lonestart Bar in Washington Square does a decent cheeseburger for about 100 baht.

In Pattaya, the Taco Burgers sold at Big Al's foodstand on Second Road between Sois 3 and 4 are my favorite quick bite down there.

I've only had the Thai food at the Theesut Issan Restaurant on Rangnamm which is excellent. Never looked at their western food menu.

Should this be in the Western food section?

Edited by shotover

Believe Family Mart still do a "burger"for around 13bt each and sometimes I have even managed to buy one and get one FREE.

Just make sure that you tell them to give "em another 30 secs in the microwave otherwise they dont taste so hot.

Might not be the best in the place but TIT and for 13bt. :D:o

Great post! I miss the good old home cooked style American hamburger off the grill. My I've tried many around Bangkok, but the best I enjoy is at The Bus Stop, Nana, Soi 4. Bacon cheeseburger 85 baht. Juicey and melts in your mouth just like back home. Try it!

If you're in the Sukhumvit area evening time:

The best burgers / cheeseburgers I've eaten in Bangkok are made by the Big Mango Bar in Nana Plaza, and reasonably priced (69 / 79 baht happy hour 5-8 pm, and 99 / 109 baht after 8 pm).

Cheeseburgers on foodcart in front of NEP are tasty, but IMHO too greasy. Texas Lonestart Bar in Washington Square does a decent cheeseburger for about 100 baht.

In Pattaya, the Taco Burgers sold at Big Al's foodstand on Second Road between Sois 3 and 4 are my favorite quick bite down there.

I've only had the Thai food at the Theesut Issan Restaurant on Rangnamm which is excellent. Never looked at their western food menu.

Should this be in the Western food section?

The Bus Stop had good burgers...but last time there, they were smaller and had less flavor....still good french fries

but I'm a little spoiled by having lived in Los Angeles for 20 years and eating at places like In-n-Out Burger.

OH, simply the best!!!!! I love In & Out. Fortunately I live in Las Vegas and can still get them any time I want. There is one right down the street! :o

I use to get the company driver to pick me up a whopper at the burger king in the airport every time he went to pick someone up. it's fast food and I am sure it doesn't compare to some of the other places mention but when you were stuck in chachoeng sao it tasted like heaven.

PKG

Found this Guardian review of Tee Sud Isaan on the web, and found other mentions of the allegedly drunken owner on other sites. Anything to it?

Tee Sud review

I think that's a bunch of crap, yes, he is quite the drunkard, but I've never seen him insult people. I'd think you really have to ask for it for that to happen...then again, so many farangs here do ask for it. :o The place has a friendly atmosphere and is the only restaurant I know of in BKK where you find Isaan food AND a Philly cheese steak on the menu :D

I think I am a little late for this post but I didn't see the best burger joint on the post. I been searching and still searching. One of the best burger joints is hidden in one of the hi-so malls of Bangkok, The All Seasons Plaza on Wireless Road. The last place I thought I would find a burger joint with good draft beer and kick ass atmosphere. Check it out if you get the chance on the second floor, its called Garage or Filling Station. I might hit it up today... got my belly growling for some meat!

I think I am a little late for this post but I didn't see the best burger joint on the post. I been searching and still searching. One of the best burger joints is hidden in one of the hi-so malls of Bangkok, The All Seasons Plaza on Wireless Road. The last place I thought I would find a burger joint with good draft beer and kick ass atmosphere. Check it out if you get the chance on the second floor, its called Garage or Filling Station. I might hit it up today... got my belly growling for some meat!

I used to eat there occasionallly, but it was only out of desperation. I never thought the tast was quite right and the meat tended to smell strangely.

The earlier poster who tipped The Big Mango Bar in Nana Plaza gets my vote for being right. Every since they started cooking up burgers there, I haven't been able to hack The Garage anymore. The Big Mango is actually run by two young Americans who know what burgers are supposed to be and they brough in another American with a strong restaurant background to make sure they got it exactly right. Man, did they ever. The best burger I have ever eaten outside the continental limits of the USofA. Jing jing.

Every once in awhile I like to have some food from home and right now it is a good hamburger. I live in the Pratunam area and I have not found one place around here. I am looking for a big fat, juicy hamburger, with onions and pickles, mustard and ketchup, a slice of sharp cheddar cheese, and a toasted bun. Are you as hungry as I am?

Thanks,

bob

Try "Big John's" at Sukhumvit 55 (Thonglo).

Thanks,

bob

BURGER KING! "Have it your way!"

The Sizzler at " Central Pal-larm-saam" ( how ever u spell it).....I know its Sizzler, but really the burgers at that one rock....but I havent been to many of the above mentioned, I sometimes drop into O'brians" near NaNa on my way back from RCA or Ratchadaa, always a nice chess burger, over crowded at 0200, and anything tastes ok after a night on JD..... :o so I maybe mistaken......

The Sizzler at " Central Pal-larm-saam" ( how ever u spell it).....I know its Sizzler, but really the burgers at that one rock....but I havent been to many of the above mentioned,

Sizzler???

I have been to the Sizzlers and Siam Center and Central World Plaze. Neither has a regular hamburger on the menu (or available off the menu.) They do have a teriyaki burger but, in my opinion, that is not a hamburger.

I found that the JW Marriott in BKK tends to have the best burger - its not cheap somewhere around 400 baht including fries in the cafe/restaurant but the quality of the meat is superb - just the right amount of seasoning and fat content. Day to day, I find Burger King in BKK good but pricey compared to McDonalds - never have understood why that it is.

I found that the JW Marriott in BKK tends to have the best burger - its not cheap somewhere around 400 baht including fries in the cafe/restaurant but the quality of the meat is superb - just the right amount of seasoning and fat content. Day to day, I find Burger King in BKK good but pricey compared to McDonalds - never have understood why that it is.

Maybe because it's much, much better-tasting and uses a regular flame grill instead of an electric one and a higher-quality bun??

Maybe because it's much, much better-tasting and uses a regular flame grill instead of an electric one and a higher-quality bun??

In the US, Burger King is better than McD's because of superior beef, but in Thailand they both use that same Aussie crap. :D

McDonalds here is better because the "secret sauce" covers up the taste of the low-quality beef. :o

Hey jing jing masterful dude, did ya have to go and mention the Apple Pan? OMG those are the best burgers worldwide hands down and their coffee aint too shabby either. For those who do not know, there is but one Apple Pan and it is located in LA. In N Out also grrrrrreat. Tommy Burger has those hour long lines for burgs at 1AM for good reason. As for BKK....forgetabouttttit,,,dont waste your time. You may as well go to MCDs. And yes, why is Burger King 150% of MCDs price?. and where is Wendys? I'll even take a Jack in the Crotch. Those Nana Burgers taste OK the 1st few times you eat them but bottom line is they are NASTY.