Short Break In Chiang Mai

banglay

Hello All!

I am planning a short break in Chiang Mai (4 or 5 days) in July and would like to know the best way to get from the Airport in to center of the city( and cost involved don't want to get ripped off) and recommendations for a descent Hotel in the ฿2000 a night range and of cause the must things to see and do .

Cheers

Judging from the fact that you are worried about the taxi fair I'm going to assume you are a thrifty traveler. No need to spend 2000 a night in CM. I highly recommend FX hotel Royal Panerai. Its about 400 baht a night. Rooms are huge, bed is great (for Thailand, don't get your hopes up too much), and staff was fantastic. Where ever you book do it online, always going to be cheaper than in person.

Things to do in July in CM:

Elephants

Get a massage

Sunday Night walking street

Eat, eat, eat - tons of good food

Go to the zoo (way cheaper than Night Safari)

Cooking class

Judging from the fact that you are worried about the taxi fair I'm going to assume you are a thrifty traveler. No need to spend 2000 a night in CM. I highly recommend FX hotel Royal Panerai. Its about 400 baht a night. Rooms are huge, bed is great (for Thailand, don't get your hopes up too much), and staff was fantastic. Where ever you book do it online, always going to be cheaper than in person.

Elephants

Get a massage

Cooking class

Just like to mention the aquarium and Panda bears at the zoo. I think there is a seperate fee for each one of them.

With the money you save on hotel rates you can take a tour. Lots of one day tours.

Flight of the Gibbon.

Lots of Wat's.

Actually now that I think of it you better plan on staying longer. On the other hand you might not want to leave.whistling.gif

Elephants

Get a massage

Cooking class

Just like to mention the aquarium and Panda bears at the zoo. I think there is a seperate fee for each one of them.

With the money you save on hotel rates you can take a tour. Lots of one day tours.

Flight of the Gibbon.

Lots of Wat's.

Actually now that I think of it you better plan on staying longer. On the other hand you might not want to leave.whistling.gif

Book your taxi at the airport while you are waiting for your bags to arrive and it will cost 120 baht to downtown Chiang Mai. As already mentioned check out Agoda for good rates. I am currently sat in the Star Hotel where I got a deluxe room for 800 baht a night. Quiet and very central.

2 thumbs up for :-

Wat Doi Sithep (up on the mountain)

Flight of the Gibbon.

Elephants.

Eating (especially 100 baht fish n chips at the Olde Bell tongue.png )

Walking street markets on Saturday and Sunday.

+ many more so as already mentioned above check out other threads ‘cos there is a lot to do and even more to eat !

Enjoy smile.png

• 2 weeks later...

Elephants

Get a massage

Cooking class

Flight of the Gibbon.

Lots of Wat's.

Aawww! Dolly that is so sweet..Did TAT..CM recruit you by any chance, if not..they should.wai.gif