Tourist Police Volunteer

jvs

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I quoted who I was responding to personally that would get me banned, you can read thru the posts and figure it out. Im not saying I am going to change things or get involved in thai problems but what I am saying is I could never be a tpv knowing that I was involved in the things police do in the tourist areas. Guilt by association is what I am alluding to especially when someone knows this stuff is happening. I understand documenting corruption here can force you to buy a next day ticket out of thailand but again for me I would never be involved with any police here in thailand in fact I always make it a point to avoid them just like the thais do. Thailand's tourism would drop dramatically if cheap freely available young girls, alcohol, and drugs were suddenly to disappear

cause better cleaner less populated beaches are everywhere in se asia.

• Like 1

If I quoted who I was responding to personally that would get me banned, you can read thru the posts and figure it out.

Total <deleted>. That only happens due to what you might say, not the quoting format which you should have noticed everyone is doing all the time, helps keep the conversations togethers just common courtesy, as opposed to expecting others to actually do extra work just to figure out your context.

Im not saying I am going to change things or get involved in thai problems but what I am saying is I could never be a tpv knowing that I was involved in the things police do in the tourist areas. Guilt by association is what I am alluding to especially when someone knows this stuff is happening.

No arguments here on any of your points, but then IMO no one sane would ever want to do it in the first place, can't think of any sane motive.

Pattaya Volunteers,

For starters half of them do not speak any English and certainly no Thai, so how exactly are they helping?

The ones who are from English speaking backgrounds, majority do not speak or understand any Thai, so again, how exactly are they helping? They can not translate your problem, nor can they understand the instructions given by the real officer.

For some unknown reason, some of them have decided they have the right to act as policeblink.png , Following is a personal experience which can be backed up by CCTV and live witnesses.

One volunteer decided that he wants to park his bike in front of my hotel, on hotels property(he was not a guest or patron).

He parked his bike right in front of a sign which states in red and bold in 2 languages(english and thai)

"parking for hotel guests only, if parked without authorization, bike will be chained and 100 baht will be charged"

Anyhow, after 30 mins or so of him shopping or doing whatever he did return to find his bike chained up.

First thing he did was flash his volunteer batch-to which i simply laughed.

He paid the 100 baht and returned with a street cop from around the corner, which was even more funny, considering that same street

cop uses my toilets and gets his drinks from the hotel.

30 mins later, he returned with another officer from the station. After showing that officer where he parked and the sign, that officer just left...

The real Thai cop, just left him, so he had to take a taxi to go back to station.

He returned again, sadly i was not here, and started demanding to see all the licenses, my WP from my staff etc. As i said, sadly i was

not present, to have him charged as volunteers have no right to "demand" or act without real police present.

So to answer your question why people do not speak nice of them?! because they are useless, arrogant and worst of all too stupid to

think they have some special powers.

I am not saying all, but have enough of them around to give that impression.

Some are too fat or too old to even walk so what use are they exactly when there is trouble and they are called?! Though are useful to give directions.

Lucky you didn't get arrested for theft. You have no legal right to chain peoples bikes, on your property or not, sign or not, even plonkers bikes.

Have you ever heard of a thing called a law? look it uprolleyes.gif

Parking on private property without authorization gets your vehicle towed in most countries and should i really wish to pursue the matter, can also press charges for tress passing.

Pattaya Volunteers,

For starters half of them do not speak any English and certainly no Thai, so how exactly are they helping?

The ones who are from English speaking backgrounds, majority do not speak or understand any Thai, so again, how exactly are they helping? They can not translate your problem, nor can they understand the instructions given by the real officer.

For some unknown reason, some of them have decided they have the right to act as policeblink.png , Following is a personal experience which can be backed up by CCTV and live witnesses.

One volunteer decided that he wants to park his bike in front of my hotel, on hotels property(he was not a guest or patron).

He parked his bike right in front of a sign which states in red and bold in 2 languages(english and thai)

"parking for hotel guests only, if parked without authorization, bike will be chained and 100 baht will be charged"

Anyhow, after 30 mins or so of him shopping or doing whatever he did return to find his bike chained up.

He paid the 100 baht and returned with a street cop from around the corner, which was even more funny, considering that same street

30 mins later, he returned with another officer from the station. After showing that officer where he parked and the sign, that officer just left...

The real Thai cop, just left him, so he had to take a taxi to go back to station.

He returned again, sadly i was not here, and started demanding to see all the licenses, my WP from my staff etc. As i said, sadly i was

not present, to have him charged as volunteers have no right to "demand" or act without real police present.

So to answer your question why people do not speak nice of them?! because they are useless, arrogant and worst of all too stupid to

Some are too fat or too old to even walk so what use are they exactly when there is trouble and they are called?! Though are useful to give directions.

But well there are a lot of shops that think they can take over public roads and put signs that parking there is only for customer. Which should be ignored.

Of course if it is your property the story is complete different.

And what would have been wrong, if he simply would walked in the hotel and asked if he could please park for just 5 min, because there is an emergency and he must help someone. Could be total fake and need 30 min, but I guess no one would have said no.

You are spot on, but do note, he did NOT park on the the road in front of the hotel, he actually drove onto hotels property and parked there.

The thing that really pissed me off, was flashing the badge. He was in the wrong and clearly knew it, but for some reason thought having volunteer badge gives me the right to do it anyway.

To further prove he was a dick, he started demanding to see the WP and licences, which has no right to do at all.

Edited by phl
  • Like 1

Pattaya Volunteers,

Lucky you didn't get arrested for theft. You have no legal right to chain peoples bikes, on your property or not, sign or not, even plonkers bikes.

park a vehicle on my land and see what happens to it ,some idiot parked in front of our delivery entrance before and we just broke his window ,took the hand brake off and pushed it down the street

"real " police came down to see what the problem was ,manager told them in thai and they told the offender he should leave before things get worse

what ever gives you the right to use someone elses property as a free car park ?

Blocking an entry/driveway is completely different than the example given above to which I replied. What gives you the right to vandalize, burglarize, and commit grand theft? So you're giving examples of how fcuked up people can do fcuked up things to other people and get away with it. Congrats. Your a tough guy. Because you and phl got away with it doesn't make it right, or legal.

phl had one incident in which he was the provocateur because he wanted to apply special rules to the TPV because he was a TPV. From this one incident he has determined TPV's are "they are useless, arrogant and worst of all too stupid"

phl, your story is suspect. Why would he be stranded after paying the 100B? Did you refuse to unlock his bike?

Nomad Joe, do you have a problem with reading basic English? where did i say he was stranded?

He went back to the station ON HIS OWN BIKE and returned with a REAL police officer who just left him there, after seeing where he parked and what took place

This example is video taped, if you want to hear my other encounters with volunteers i am happy to share it with you, just do not ask for hard proof.

Another one for you, i regularly feed soi dogs, as well as get them medication (my hobby, and i did take 3 strays into home also), so anyway, feeding 2 soi dogs in front of 7-11, one of your fat old mates comes along and starts to tell me that i am not allowed to feed soi dogs and he knows that law because he is police(was wearing the uniform and made a point of flashing his badge)

I guess he was too stupid to know that not only i been here for longer than him, but really could not care less what he thought.

So, i nicely told him to PLEASE F...K off.

Another incident for you, this one took place down at the beach.

I was down at the beach with my long term GF, it was late in the evening with our dogs. I took the younger dogs for a run and left her with an older one.

One of the "hero's" alone(no real police) approached her and demanded to see her ID card and what she was doing there. She was smart enough to call me immediately.

I do not think i need to tell you the rest of the story, but he was given exactly to the count of 10 to disappear or he would face the consequences.

Now you sure you want to continue to defend them?

But just for you, since you REALLY have a problem with facts, i will repeat, that NOT all are idiots, however a large majority are. I do not know their attitude in Phuket or any other place, and only speak for Pattaya

PS. Since one decided to volunteer to be a police little helper, perhaps loosing 50 or so kilo's would help, not to mention being 20 years younger.Otherwise that one does look like a fool playing "police".

Also having some background or experience in military, security or police force would be common sense.So would the ability to speak just basic Thai. Other wise better dress them up as clowns with "information" hat on or "push my belly for directions"

Edited by phl

Pattaya Volunteers,

Parking on private property without authorization gets your vehicle towed in most countries and should i really wish to pursue the matter, can also press charges for tress passing.

Both of my degrees are in law.

The police do the towing after you call them, not you.

Trespassing? Not even close.

Did you hear of the recent story where several college kids were charged with and convicted of grand theft when they picked up and moved a small car as a prank?

Pattaya Volunteers,

Did you hear of the recent story where several college kids were charged with and convicted of grand theft when they picked up and moved a small car as a prank?

cheesy.gif both of your degrees are in law

Police does the towing from private property? really? please mr lawyer with 2 degrees site this section of the law for mecheesy.gif

and do share with me what kids prank of moving a car have to do with parking on private property where clear signage is provided that it is a private propertywhistling.gif

Edited by phl

Pattaya Volunteers,

Yes, parking infractions can get someone towed. In Miami, it is big business for pribate tow operators who will haul away a vehicle without the need for a police issued ticket or police approval. However, Miami is not Pattaya, nor are most countries Thailand.

Are your law degrees from Thailand, and are you a member of the Law Society of Thailand? If you are not, then your qualifications, no matter how impressive, have no relevance. As someone schooled in the law, then surely you must appreciate that each municipality and each province can have laws that are unique. The laws in respect to parking are municipal. Unless you have a thorough knowledge of those municipal parking laws, then your opinion really is neither informed, nor reliable. Legal skillsets are not transferable in this situation.

It is why various law societies and bars do not allow cross jurisdictional activities unless the person has passed the necessary exams to demonstrate a basic competency..

Edited by geriatrickid
  • Like 1

I think the basic concept is a good one, but for some reason its attracts some real nut cases, and the blackshirts and jack boots dont help either

The ones that pretend to be customers and help bust Go-Go bars really bug me.

Please they are NOT pretending...they are undercover operatives that have spent many years learning the nuances of asking a BG for a shag.

• Like 2

I think the basic concept is a good one, but for some reason its attracts some real nut cases, and the blackshirts and jack boots dont help either

The ones that pretend to be customers and help bust Go-Go bars really bug me.

Do not be bugged by that, they also ask for FREE shags on the beach NOT being undercover, but demand to get it for FREE because they have a volunteer badgerolleyes.gif

If my word is not enough, just have a chat to beach girls and ask them what they think about volunteersbiggrin.png

I know one TPV who expects to get the Thai rate at tourist attractions when he wears his TPV polo shirt...and throws a right hissy fit when he doesn't.

i am surprised he does not expect it for freetongue.png

Nomad Joe, do you have a problem with reading basic English? where did i say he was stranded?

He went back to the station ON HIS OWN BIKE and returned with a REAL police officer who just left him there, after seeing where he parked and what took place

My reading is fine. It's your writing that could use some improvement. You did not say "on his own bike." You said nothing about who went where on what bike.

First you said:

He paid the 100 baht..

Then you said:

So either you are saying the TPV didn't have a bike and thus had to take a taxi, or the real cop took the Taxi. Either way, unless the Thai cop is known to be a woman, you have committed a common grammatical error by using an ambigous pronoun.

These other stories seem quite unbelievable. We only get to hear your side of the story unfortunately. But TPV's don't (or shouldn't) go around telling other farangs not to feed soi dogs or certainly not request ID from a Thai national.

Actually if you read though my posts, I am not defending them as much as condemning your and YYY's actions. Everybody ignores parking signs in Thailand but you expect the TPV to be held to a higher standard, (should be, but wishful thinking) but then claim they expect special treatment. If you are on such good terms with the coppers that are using your hotels toilet and getting their drinks (I'll assume free drinks) from your hotel all the time, then why doesn't even a tiny bit of that courtesy extend to the TPV? Because he "flashed his volunteer badge"? I have seen that before and think it's pretty rediculous too, but again you were the provacatour and if you hadn't started your whole vendetta against this guy, he never would have flashed his badge to you as a response. You kinda forced the issue. Who gives a fuc_k if he's parking ifo your hotel. Small stuff.

Another reason I question your stories aren't embellished a little or fabricated completely is that you didn't do anything about what happened. You have such a hard on for these guys yet when one comes in to your hotel and tries to shake you down, (actually hearsay as you did not see this) and yet another approaches and tries to detain your gf for no reason and you don't complain? <deleted> man I would have been down town giving his boss an earfull. Pissing in the wind? Maybe, maybe not.

So are these all different TPV's different people? It's starting to sound a little like an ongoing pissing contest with one individual.

Also having some background or experience in military, security or police force would be common sense.So would the ability to speak just basic Thai. Other wise better dress them up as clowns with "information" hat on or "push my belly for directions"

Actually, at least in the case of the Phuket TPV's, I understand that they specificaly don't want ex cops or military as they don't want them to be too aggressive.

Edited by NomadJoe

I know one TPV who expects to get the Thai rate at tourist attractions when he wears his TPV polo shirt...and throws a right hissy fit when he doesn't.

A Thai DL or WP should do that. Presuming he has one of those. (DL is a requirement for TPV's, WP apparently not)

So either you are saying the TPV didn't have a bike and thus had to take a taxi, or the real cop took the Taxi. Either way, unless the Thai cop is known to be a woman, you have committed a common grammatical error by using an ambigous pronoun.

These other stories seem quite unbelievable. We only get to hear your side of the story unfortunately. But TPV's don't (or shouldn't) go around telling other farangs not to feed soi dogs or certainly not request ID from a Thai national.

yeah read again, but this time use your 2 degrees.

you have skipped a few lines therethumbsup.gif

He returned again, sadly i was not here, and started demanding to see all the licenses, my WP from my staff etc.

Actually if you read though my posts, I am not defending them as much as condemning your and YYY's actions. Everybody ignores parking signs in Thailand but you expect the TPV to be held to a higher standard, (should be, but wishful thinking) but then claim they expect special treatment. If you are on such good terms with the coppers that are using your hotels toilet and getting their drinks (I'll assume free drinks) from your hotel all the time, then why doesn't even a tiny bit of that courtesy extend to the TPV? Because he "flashed his volunteer badge"? I have seen that before and think it's pretty rediculous too, but again you were the provacatour and if you hadn't started your whole vendetta against this guy, he never would have flashed his badge to you as a response. You kinda forced the issue. Who gives a fuc_k if he's parking ifo your hotel. Small stuff.

Another reason I question your stories aren't embellished a little or fabricated completely is that you didn't do anything about what happened. You have such a hard on for these guys yet when one comes in to your hotel and tries to shake you down, (actually hearsay as you did not see this) and yet another approaches and tries to detain your gf for no reason and you don't complain? <deleted> man I would have been down town giving his boss an earfull. Pissing in the wind? Maybe, maybe not.

So are these all different TPV's different people? It's starting to sound a little like an ongoing pissing contest with one individual.

Actually, at least in the case of the Phuket TPV's, I understand that they specificaly don't want ex cops or military as they don't want them to be too aggressive.

What exactly did you want me to do? run around town trying to find him?

When you actually own something, than you might start to give a <deleted> who parks on your propertythumbsup.gif , not to mention, parking is reserved for the customers, you know the ones who actually pay moneyrolleyes.gif

I am still waiting for those links to support your previous post about police towing from private property and an explanation of how kids pranks relate to parking on private propertythumbsup.gif

As for you believing the story- i really could not care less what you believe or do notwai.gif , but since you came on the board proclaiming to have 2 law degrees and making statements in regards to the law, i DO want to see proof of thatwhistling.gif

A Thai DL or WP should do that. Presuming he has one of those. (DL is a requirement for TPV's, WP apparently not)

should do what? allow free entrance?blink.png yeah the 2 law degrees are really working overtimewhistling.gif

• Like 1

Doesn't always work.

should do what? allow free entrance?blink.png yeah the 2 law degrees are really working overtimewhistling.gif

No, a Thai DL or WP generally allow a foreigner to get the local rates. I am a little surprised you didn't know that. It's common knowledge.

What exactly did you want me to do? run around town trying to find him?

When you actually own something, than you might start to give a <deleted> who parks on your propertythumbsup.gif , not to mention, parking is reserved for the customers, you know the ones who actually pay moneyrolleyes.gif

I am still waiting for those links to support your previous post about police towing from private property and an explanation of how kids pranks relate to parking on private propertythumbsup.gif

As for you believing the story- i really could not care less what you believe or do notwai.gif , but since you came on the board proclaiming to have 2 law degrees and making statements in regards to the law, i DO want to see proof of thatwhistling.gif

You get his name, ID number and go to the Tourist Police office. If you didn't/couldn't get his name or ID number, then they will have photo's of the TPV and you can pick him out. Why am I having to explain that?

The story about the kids prank was relevant to breaking the story about breaking the window of a car and moving it without the owners consent.

He returned again, sadly i was not here, and started demanding to see all the licenses, my WP from my staff etc.

You explained it very confusedly. You did not explain at all why the police volunteer had to take a taxi back. Since you had just stated that you locked up the police volunteers bike the reader has to assume it's still locked up if he is now being "left by the cop" and "having to take a taxi back."

You get his name, ID number and go to the Tourist Police office. If you didn't/couldn't get his name or ID number, then they will have photo's of the TPV and you can pick him out. Why am I having to explain that?

The story about the kids prank was relevant to breaking the story about breaking the window of a car and moving it without the owners consent.

I posted TWICE that sadly i was not there when he returned to demand WP and licence, i did clearly state that if i was there, he would have been charged and reported. Which of this post did you have a problem with now?

DO point out for me where i said his bike was vandalized or moved???rolleyes.gif Was it also not clear for you as i stated his bike was chained and he was charged 100 baht.

Sounds like you acquired your 2 law degrees from Khaorsan Roadwhistling.gif

Still waiting for the links to that law about towing from private propertyermm.gif , i guess i will be waiting for a long timethumbsup.gif

You explained it very confusedly. You did not explain at all why the police volunteer had to take a taxi back. Since you had just stated that you locked up the police volunteers bike the reader has to assume it's still locked up if he is now being "left by the cop" and "having to take a taxi back."

yeah and i also stated that he paid the 100 baht and went to get a cop, then went to get another cop. I guess common sense is not one of your strongest attributesrolleyes.gif

Why on earth would anyone keep something locked up, after the fine was paid?blink.png

I am quite happy to know that the ones being the most vocal against the TPV are not themselves TPV. A common theme seems to be anger management problems.

Why would someone with a poor opinion of the TPV want to become one? Personally, I prefer to steer as clear of them as possible.

I am quite happy to know that the ones being the most vocal against the TPV are not themselves TPV. A common theme seems to be anger management problems.

Why would someone with a poor opinion of the TPV want to become one? Personally, I prefer to steer as clear of them as possible.

OK, if you don't want my help thats OK, deal with the BiB yourself. Sure a happy ending. smile.png

OK, if you don't want my help thats OK, deal with the BiB yourself. Sure a happy ending. smile.png

I have dealt with the BiB on a nearly daily basis as part of my job for the past 25 years. Do you really feel that there is something I need your help with? How's your Thai, by the way?