The High Price Of Not Knowing Fact From Fiction.

theblether

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For that reason alone, it's a malicious act. The UK is now bringing in legislation to make online trolling a criminal offence,

I sincerely hope not. If so half the Thaivisa population will have to find something else to do smile.png

• Like 2

Elvis impersonators are comical, and oh so obvious, so no harm done.

Online there is a whole new division of malicious impersonators. We all know about the infamous Nigerian scams, eg on dating sites, and for many the financial loss to these scams is secondary to the emotional scars caused by falling love with a fiction.

In Thailand the ladyboy phenomenom is a cliche, it's unbelievable the amount of times that people who have never visited Thailand ask about ladyboys, the only answer I give now is ' why are you so interested in men impersonating women? '.

The internet introduces a whole new world for the malicious, the delusional, and the criminal. There are too many examples of people creating false personas, and the problem many of us face is now having to deduce who is a troll, who is genuine, and quite frankly, who are creating false profiles to try and gain financial advantage, or undue emotional support.

Being Thailand, it shouldn't be a shock to find out that there are people impersonating members of the opposite sex online. For what advantage, I don't know, but I do know that it has an undue and unfair effect on others.

For that reason alone, it's a malicious act. The UK is now bringing in legislation to make online trolling a criminal offence, hopefully the rest of the world will do so too, and at the end of it, we can just go back to the innocent days of laughing at bad Elvis impersonators, and wondering, is that a man in a dress?

The fact is that there is no way you could call a western Tranny in Los a scam......absolutely no way.

To be a scam, it has to be convincing first and foremost.

How do you know it's a tranny if it's online? It would be terrible to think that there are men impersonating women online, terrible.

Would you be a midget in an alien giants world ??

Stupid question really.

I agree.

I advise you to go see a doctor, as it seems you suffer from a split personality, talking to yourself. Edited by pipo1000

How do you know it's a tranny if it's online? It would be terrible to think that there are men impersonating women online, terrible.

Quite right. I'm all in favour of honesty and transparency on the forums.

Its all very well to have some fun between each other but there should be a basis of trust there too.

Its all very well to have some fun between each other but there should be a basis of trust there too.

Remind me - where do you buy your frocks from?

My gf does ask my opinion from time to time i must admit. giggle.gif

Edit: My photo is up....transparent, oh and handsome, endure, that's me. biggrin.png

Edited by smokie36

I made a similar mistake myself in lending money to a farang couple. Needless to say i have never seen one Baht of it returned. They are now back in the UK but the matter is not concluded for me.

I certainly wouldn't lend anyone else anything again. Sad but true.....and yes I gave it over willingly....and witlessly as I recognise now.

Live and learn.

Edit: Just to give a proper perspective...part of this was 100k Baht towards an ICU bill for one of them. Not a penny returned.

I loaned a mate $10k and then he died.

the bastard ...rolleyes.gif

However that being said the Boiler rooms are only one of the scams, what else is out there?

Psychics, mediums, astrologers, people who offer services such as homeopathy, naturopathy, reiki, crystal healing, tarot card reading... Mystics, shay-men, faith healers, angel therapy, acupuncturists, power balance wristbands, cupping, remote healing, aromatherapy, holistic medicine.

Acupuncturists have the honour of debunking themselves! http://www.dcscience.net/?p=4439

And lastly, religion.... The biggest con ever.

For that reason alone, it's a malicious act. The UK is now bringing in legislation to make online trolling a criminal offence,

I sincerely hope not. If so half the Thaivisa population will have to find something else to do smile.png

Yes it's true......Websites in the UK will be forced to identify trolls, here's a mention of the pending legislation on Sky News, I think this will breeze through parliament.

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16245551

Zara, I saw the receipt, that boy has taste. biggrin.png

By the way I couldn't care less if Smokie was a transsexual, ( he's not btw ), this forum is all inclusive, and in fact it would be better and richer for the forum ( in my opinion of course ) if we had some transsexual members. It would be interesting to see how they get on in Thailand and how they enjoyed life here.

I would love to see more Thai members and more from every ethnic group and background, I get a lot of education here on Thaivisa, and I would love to hear from a wider mix. A few more ladies would be good too, I reckon the one's we have contributing just now are excellent. So my wishlist is for more Thais, more ethnic groups, more ladies, and it would be great to have the views of more LBGT people.

God knows we have enough red blooded males to go round rolleyes.gif The only thing I would like to see is openness and transparency, people should be able to post without fear of hostility, but in return everyone should represent themselves correctly. That's only fair. wai.gif

• Like 1

However that being said the Boiler rooms are only one of the scams, what else is out there?

Psychics, mediums, astrologers, people who offer services such as homeopathy, naturopathy, reiki, crystal healing, tarot card reading... Mystics, shay-men, faith healers, angel therapy, acupuncturists, power balance wristbands, cupping, remote healing, aromatherapy, holistic medicine.

Acupuncturists have the honour of debunking themselves! http://www.dcscience.net/?p=4439

And lastly, religion.... The biggest con ever.

More recently breast slapping, invented here and endorsed by the government.

Basically anything that profits from the placebo powers of our own minds.

I sent a few girls PM's....I would be upset if they were blokes cos I divulged some of my inner most feminine secrets.

• Like 1

I sent a few girls PM's....I would be upset if they were blokes cos I divulged some of my inner most feminine secrets.

Shocking number of people here who aren't who they say they are.

Tsk...dreadful stuff...that's what the welcome thread should be for.

"Hi I'm a one eyed cowboy with a penchant for skydiving and Thai midgets."

Then we can all welcome the new member with open arms.

Shocking number of people here who aren't who they say they are.

Tsk...dreadful stuff...that's what the welcome thread should be for.

"Hi I'm a one eyed cowboy with a penchant for skydiving and Thai midgets."

Then we can all welcome the new member with open arms.

I met him once..

An honest person can never be 'conned'.

It only works with greedy people, dishonest people, or those wanting something for nothing.

As GH has pointed out the most common con involves dishonest foreigners lying to buy something they are not entitled to own.

Not always the case. There is always the sap who falls for the hard luck story.

Eg: I've just had my wallet stolen and need bus fare to get home.

Within minutes of getting the handout he disappears into the liquor store.

Lots more cons where that came from.