Thailand Post

xoxman

Destination country - pop the number into their website.

Track and trace world wide uses the same format for this reason. If it comes up not found, call postal service in destination country and give the number. Thaipost do not update that Track adn trace when it leaves Thailand.

Registered mail is tracked till it leaves the country.

If you want to track it till destination use EMS mail next time.

Don't use EMS for truly critical stuff, DHL/FedEx only.

Please don't tell me what I can and cannot do.

To my home country EMS has a much better track record in my experience than DHL.

Yermaneewai.gif

To my home country EMS has a much better track record in my experience than DHL.

Geez yermanee, I wasn't even talking to you much less throwing "orders" around, just posting my own experience which apparently runs counter to yours.

And that of a recent poster that lost some passports via EMS.

• Like 2

Geez yermanee, I wasn't even talking to you much less throwing "orders" around, just posting my own experience which apparently runs counter to yours.

And that of a recent poster that lost some passports via EMS.

Well you could have fooled me by quoting my post and starting by " Don't use ....".

Sorry if I have offended you and for your bad experience with EMS.

However bad experiences almost always happen at the destination end, so the different experiences might be due to different destinations.

Yermaneewai.gif

• 4 months later...

It’s quite normal that (e.g. Dutch) mail’s hanging at Thai international Suvarnabhumi Airport for e.g. 1 week (mean value of a normal distribution), because those mail containers are not going to be shipped every single day. According to my latest calculations Dutch mail containers are shipped per almost every 2 weeks from Thai international Suvarnabhumi Airport, giving these Dutch mail containers a chance to gather incoming mail from all over Thailand for the Netherlands during almost 2 weeks.

However, when a Thai employee is handling these Dutch containers in Thailand under the probable condition “Oh, I seem to have forgotten one” (as my wife usually does) or “this one isn’t quite full enough yet”, then yes, waiting time can be doubled and become most quickly equal to 1 month. Maybe your mail container, depending upon destination country, is only emptied once per month maybe ? The original post (OP) does not describe the original posters (OPs) past experiences and expectations.

Chronological orders of sending and receiving daily mail can be according my own (Dutch) experiences quite different too. That depending upon how mail containers received in the destination country the Netherlands at Schiphol Airport are exactly being processed. In the destination country additional processing of incoming mail containers is needed. E.g. the actual conversion of incoming Thai trace & track codes to PostNL track & trace codes. The computer doing the conversion can NOT be accessed by costumers via a webbased program. That information is only available via phoning PostNL. Emptying and processing the incoming mail container can take more than only 1 day, due to e.g. differences in time zones and availability of employees. So, at the first day in the destination country not all mail received will immediately pop up in their tracking system but only the ones which have been processed, registered, and have already been send away to todays oh so busy distribution centre. It is at exactly such a specific point in time chronological orders may start to differ. That’s why some items which have been send one week after other items can be received one day earlier than the ones send 1 week before. Such an idiotic crazy system without having smart internal buffers build in is keeping the Dutch PostNL boys and girls quite busy, isn’t it ? Not one single visit but two visits in two days. Due to the increasing amount of todays popular webbased internet shops and consequently overloaded distribution centres this is not considered to be an inefficiency problem. Corresponding Dutch PostNL vehicles are every single day always somewhere in our neighbourhood.

Sending registered mail to Thailand via PostNL has become quite expensive during the last years. When sending mail to the Netherlands I tell my wife always to use registered mail via ThaiPost simply because in the Netherlands the employees who take care of the delivery and will ask you for a signature are much more reliable than some of the currently new employees implementing the non registered PostNL routes in the Netherlands. These new employees are payed wages too low and some of them seem to have dumped quite a few bags of mail inside their own garage after they’ve accepted better paid jobs elsewhere. Maybe those smart internal buffers I was referring to earlier here above do still exist within PostNL but are maybe emptied much too quickly by most probably new Dutch young and too ambitious employees who just as the Thai employees “forget” to think in terms of consequences.

Don’t expect

http://track.thailandpost.co.th/trackinternet/Default.aspx?lang=en

to trace mail in the destination country!

Other posts in this thread have already accurately explained what to do.

ThaiPost does not seem to be the problem simply because the destination endpoint within Thailand has been reached being Thai international Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Have not had one bad experience yet with registered Thai mail via ThaiPost.

I do not know what exactly the last message “Outgoing International” means in the OP. All of my registered mails via ThaiPost are also “outgoing international” (to the Netherlands) but in my case the ThaiPost tracking system always stops at “SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received”, thus never mentions the additional message “Outgoing International.” Don’t know what that’s supposed to mean, exactly ? May be due to a small local change in procedures during time at the international airport ? I am only capable of checking my own most recent Thai track and trace numbers of ThaiPost. Thailand has a direct flight connection to the Netherlands (via KLM, Eva Air, China Airways). Maybe the messages listed by the OP differ because no direct flights are available to the destination country, thus requiring a reroute somewhere ? That should not be a problem. Do not know what to think. Who knows, the delay may be caused by customs in the destination country first wanting to perform some item tests ? I don’t think so, then these tests can be done rather quickly.

More supporting evidence concerning the functioning of Dutch PostNL (in Dutch language; first vid dated 17-oct-2012 and second vid one year earlier dated 08-nov-2011, so it seems not much has happened last year in relation to improvments @ PostNL):

My personal opinion: WARNING à do NOT follow the Dutch non registered route !!!

Today it’s the second of November 2012. Hope the registered mail of the OP via ThaiPost has already been received in the destination country…

Rgds.

• Like 1

Destination country - pop the number into their website.

Track and trace world wide uses the same format for this reason. If it comes up not found, call postal service in destination country and give the number. Thaipost do not update that Track adn trace when it leaves Thailand.

No most countries don't support it....they know it but they don't put it online. Germany for example, if you call them you get some very rude answers but they know the number.

(I remember my customer called the German Post and they told it is somewhere, 2 days later I called them and they asked me why I am pestering them, as we called already 2 days ago crazy.gif .....)

Austria is similar.

Yermaneewai.gif

What's the difference between EMS and Registered Mail? Every letter I send, they charge me 65 Baht + postage and I can track it all the way to the destination.

Yermaneewai.gif

What's the difference between EMS and Registered Mail? Every letter I send, they charge me 65 Baht + postage and I can track it all the way to the destination.

EMS is intended for business items/parcels which flow through a separate international network and will due to its highest priority always be processed before items/parcels of other mail systems. More transactions are involved, so it’s probably more expensive.

zombie thread

Maybe.

Sometimes a Zombie Thread refers to real Zombie threats.

Allow me to introduce an applicable definition:

Zombie threat:

additional costs caused by a funny walking creature being a poor apolgy of [mis]managements mind mapped employees.

I recall postmen in my country behave like zombies....but this might has to do something with drinking at 8 in the morning.

I sent two registered EMS airmails to Germany.

Both have been tracked to the final destination.

Took one day from my province to Suv. and then?

Don't blame Thailand Post for the unbelievable delays from there.

Five days until "ACCEPT" in Frankfurt: colleagues tell me that the mail is delayed by ridicolous one by one inspection of each letter and parcel.

UTILITY seems to be some kind of PO Box?

ONE WEEK in Germany until received at the pension office!

October 19, 2012 10:20:34 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received

October 24, 2012 18:09:00 Germany (DEFRAA) Accept

October 25, 2012 13:40:00 Germany (711333830) Utility

November 2, 2012 06:00-08:59 Germany Delivery Status Successful (Recipient Name)

Edited by KhunBENQ

This post contains tracked data related to 2 items send on different days via registered ThaiPost from a village in the northeast of Thailand to another village in the south of the Netherlands. Draw your own conclusions.

My data supports the following findings of previous poster using registered EMS:

"Took one day from my province to Suv. and then?

Don't blame Thailand Post for the unbelievable delays from there."

First item delivered at the postoffice in a village in the northeast of Thailand:

19-10-2012 11:42:55 ThaiPost Accept

20-10-2012 13:04:35 ThaiPost Suv. Mail Centre Container Received

30.10.2012 PostNL Shipment received in destination country

31.10.2012 PostNL Shipment sorted

01.11.2012 PostNL Shipment distributed

01.11.2012 PostNL Shipment received via PostNL parcel service.

Question 1 : what’s going on between 20-10-2012 ThaiPost and 30-10-2012 PostNL during 10 days ? Something at one of the airports involved (Suv. or Schiphol) is causing quite a large delay...

Second item delivered at the postoffice in a village in the northeast of Thailand:

24-10-2012 ThaiPost Accept

25-10-2012 ThaiPost Suv. Mail Centre Container Received

29.10.2012 PostNL shipment received in destination country

30.10.2012 PostNL Shipment sorted

31.10.2012 PostNL Shipment distributed

31.10.2012 PostNL Shipment received via PostNL parcel service.

Question 2 : what’s going on between 25-10-2012 ThaiPost and 29-10-2012 PostNL, now not during 10 days, but only during 4 days ?

This second later shipment has been received 1 day earlier in the destination country than the first shipment which had been send 5 days earlier !

Question 3: Were both shipments flown in by the same plane or different planes ?

Question 4 : why was the second item one day earlier at its destination address than the first item which was shipped 5 days earlier ?

Only the existence of some kind of first in last out (thus last in first out) buffer is able to explain these differences in time. Somebody at one of the airports involved must have been accumulating mail somewhere for quite some time and it’s not an exact FIFO system.

Rgds.