Bus From Pattaya To Chiangmai

sidjameson

my friend is in cm, i hope i have enough to get there.

Anybody know the fare and times?

Oh, from soi bukao to the bus terminal how much should i pay on the songtaew? I know it will be hard to get a local price as they seem so empty and end up being a taxi fare.

I hope a 1000bht will do it as thats pretty much all i got!

There is a Bus Station called Nakorn Chai Air on Sukhumvit Road. (Very near to the intersection with Pattaya Klang). They have busses that go to Chang Mai.

http://goo.gl/maps/ISc5 where Point A is where the Songtaew stop and Point B is where the bus station is)

No idea about the price though. Better call them Phone Number is: 0-3842-4871 or 038-247 841.

The price for a Songtaew will be around 200 THB (Because you hire them).

You have several options if you don't have too much luggage

1) Take a Songtaew out of Soi Bukao upto Pattaya Klang (if he turns left towards the beach get off and take a Songtaew that drives towards Sukhumvit). This will costs you for the Songtaew's 20 THB

2) Take a Motocycle Taxi they will charge you around 40 - 60 THB. Just try to haggle a bit.

Good Luck

"Oh, from soi bukao to the bus terminal how much should i pay on the songtaew?"

Walk to Pattaya Klang. Turn right. Cross the road. Take a regular bahtbus to the top of Klang for 10B.

If you dont want to walk, take a regular Bahtbus along Soi Buakhow to Klang for another 10B. You may be lucky and he may turn right and take you all the way to Sukumvit, for the same 10B.

The standard Bahtbus fare in and around Pattaya is 10B. Only very long trips (ie Jomtien to beyond Central) cost more.

Nakhon Chai Air (www.nca.co.th) run a bus all the way to Chiang Mai (originates in Rayong). I haven't taken it recently but it used to stop e-ve-ry-where. So a really long trip.

It was actually faster (and a bit cheaper) to get the regular bus from Pattaya to the Northern Mo Chit bus station in Bangkok, then connect to a bus to Chiang Mai. If you want to do it as cheap as possible then there will also be non-VIP buses from Mo Chit to Chiang Mai.

EDIT: Just checked NCA, and they have an 'Econamy' (sic) class too, so not sure how much that would cost. ( http://www.nca.co.th/runway.php ) I'd (get someone to) call them and ask. It's going to suck though, in terms of comfort and duration.

Prices for a Bangkok to Chiang Mai bus are standardized, for the cheap ones you can look at www.transport.co.th

(And again, maybe do a phone call if you can't find the information on the site)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai