Two Men Arrested For Stabbing Murder Of Phuket Tourist Michelle Smith

webfact

Breaking News: Two men arrested for stabbing murder of Phuket tourist Michelle Smith

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- Two suspects wanted for the stabbing murder of Australian travel agent Michelle Smith are in custody in Chumphon province and are expected to be returned to Phuket later today, the Phuket Gazette has learned.

News of the arrests came from Phuket Governor Tri Augkaradacha this morning during a meeting with local officials and tourism industry representatives.

The meeting, also attended by members of the Phuket Provincial Administration Organization, was held to arrange a much larger gathering, scheduled for Wednesday, to discuss tourist safety issues in Phuket.

Further details about the identity of the two men and how police were able to track them down are expected to come at a police press conference after the suspects' return to the island.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle16259.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-06-25

• Like 1

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"May be a good idea to find out if it is the right two men first"

Do you really think this matters to the BIB, remember this murder

has the potential to damage Phukets tourist industry. If they are

the murders, I sincerely hope that they are punished to the full

extent of the law.

72 hours again! wow. . Of course there will be speculation about whether they got the right guys or not. . But since they were caught in Chumpon Province it is more believable that they got them. . We will have to wait and see what they say at the press conference about how they tracked them down.

Why, prithee, would someone be videoiing an empty street quite by chance? The robbery seems very inept and badly rehearsed to me.

It's CCTV footage of an alleyway, exactly the sort of place where you would hope to find CCTV cameras!

• Like 2

Why, prithee, would someone be videoiing an empty street quite by chance? The robbery seems very inept and badly rehearsed to me.

It's CCTV footage of an alleyway, exactly the sort of place where you would hope to find CCTV cameras!

It's a hand held camera

Looked at the video and having worked as a cameraman about 30 years I noticed that CCTV video's are steady and this looks like a phone or other camera which means someone saw the actual killing and there may be more than the video we see. I am not sure but can this be the reason we not see all footage because what we not see may have let to the arrest and to stories that the police knew names already.

• Like 1

i didn't follow the original story but the 2 girls are clearly walking away from the incident and look ok. so what happened? did she bleed out later or something?

by the way people, if you are getting mugged, just give it up

How the police managed to catch the two men is beyond me. If they have caught the actual killers then they have done really well but I have no idea how they managed that. Seems too good to be true. Also, I hope this video is only online at the request of her family, otherwise it should not be online. Especially YouTube.

I believe it was put online to you tube by the self esteemed, a legend in his own lunchtime, editor of Phuket Wan, Mr. Alan Morison. He's the one who gets really pissed off if you misspell his name, hence I do it correctly here. He also did a radio link to radio 3AW Melbourne Aust. His comments are on audio, more foot in mouth.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/breaking-news-blog/aussie-tourist-murdered-in-phuket/20120621-20p5p.html

Looked at the video and having worked as a cameraman about 30 years I noticed that CCTV video's are steady and this looks like a phone or other camera which means someone saw the actual killing and there may be more than the video we see. I am not sure but can this be the reason we not see all footage because what we not see may have let to the arrest and to stories that the police knew names already.

It seems to me that the video indeed is made with a hand camera or phone or similar. But it looks like the device used to make this video was pointed at a screen showing the "real" video footage. That is why it is shaky and you see some blue lines here and there on the top of the video

Might be a policeman standing in between his colleagues filming the video screen and then somehow got it to the press.

• Like 2

Phuket=turning into Pattaya sad.png

Nah Pattaya is much much better, less expensive and no unprovoked murders of elderly lady tourists by thugs on motorbikes. I guess that's why 7 million people visited Pattaya last year as opposed to Phuket's 3.7...

Horrible, I hope they got the right fellas and if so, I hope they're convicted to a life of torment in a terrible Thai prison.....in their cases, throw human rights right out the window!

You guys don't get it. They most likely have their whole family in jail...or at least an extended family. You think this was his first time.? These guys will just adapt to prison life and have fun in prison. They need to put them in isolation in a wet cement room with no friends. Thai men adapt to each other very well so putting in a prison where everyone is exactly like them...is not punishment. In fact Ibet these type of people get to take time out and go home for a week every month.

I would hope that these two suspects are the actual culprits, and not some country bumpkins the police have persuaded to take the fall, in return for a large donation to their families. The police are under incredible pressure for results, so I guess anything is feasible.

My feeling actually...

Phuket=turning into Pattaya sad.png

Nah Pattaya is much much better, less expensive and no unprovoked murders of elderly lady tourists by thugs on motorbikes. I guess that's why 7 million people visited Pattaya last year as opposed to Phuket's 3.7...

Your dreaming. The reason so many people visited Pattaya is because of its' location to the Airport and Bangkok. You can see it coming. I had the opportunity to sit at the police office the other day when I notice that it was almost one after the other falang going in to fill out report about a theft or a crime against by a Thai. Exspecially bag snatching a neckless snatching. I also figured out real quick that it is the venders who most likely call their friend to let them know that the tourist went swimming come and get it. Its a blast watching them try to describe the Thai person that stole their bags. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1