webfact

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Phuket=turning into Pattaya sad.png

Pattaya more peacfull, and no tuk tuk and taxi mafia!

Why do we consistently get people trying to turn this into a regional issue? To the extent that we have members joining up purely to post pro-Pattaya and anti-Phuket BS, get a grip.

Phuket's resorts are many and varied but unfortunately those closest to Patong are getting infected by proximity. Kata and Karon used to be pleasant areas with a family vibe but being just downwind of the island's den of inequity seems to be taking quite a toll on them and the change over the last few years is quite tangible.

When considering Phuket, only Patong can be accurately compared to Pattaya, as both attract the same low lives and miscreants both local and foreign, the big difference being Patong is just one area of Phuket, an island that holds much more appeal than just for the travelling sex pest...

IMHO the establishment's lack of motivation to clampdown on the blight on Phuket that is Patong has led to this uneasy mix of tourist demographics and increasing crime rate. Pattaya doesn't have that problem - it attracts only one demographic, the sex tourist.

Glad it looks like those responsible may actually be brought to justice although I'm sure that's of very little comfort to the victim's family and friends.

It's about time the powers that be on Phuket start to really clamp down on the HQ for vice in Phuket, Patong, and in doing so show the world that quality tourists are more important to Thailand than those looking for cheap thrills.

I just hope these aren't a couple of innocent saps who's family have been well paid to provide the BiB with some favourable headlines and a photo op...

Amazing how many of these crimes go unsolved but when it becomes international media fodder that may have a damaging effect on tourism, near instant results...

....I look at how this took place and I ask myself....."Is this what humanity has come to?"....

.....and do either of those 'creatures' or their ilk, consider themselves 'men' ?......("Man created in the image of God")......

....God help us all.....

• Like 1

I find if someone is charged and then sent to jail it is never reported what happen to the bad guys/girls as what the term of jail is.

This i think is in Thai law it not told what happen after the court case,So nobody knows worldwide what the out come is.This sucks..........

One report says 2 caught in Chumphon, 1 caught near Bangkok, -what report is true and why would we believe it anyways.

This just sounds like the one set of police grabbing anyone they can, so that Bangkok politicians & law enforcement (who just grabbed someone as well) don't have time to show up and start "reforming" the place.

Besides, if that grainy video was all they needed to home in on, and then successfully round up the suspects in a country of 80+ million, it makes you wonder, a little, right?

Hopefully they catch who *really* did this.

• Like 1

<p>This video should be removed from TV and youtube. i'm not sure the family would want he whole world to see there mother,sister or aunt be stabbed in a alley way.its disgusting that TV let this be shown and then delete other minor things.disgusting if you ask me.showing this video can not help catch the killers in anyway %2

I agree. The video is inappropriate for this forum.

• Like 2

When considering Phuket, only Patong can be accurately compared to Pattaya, as both attract the same low lives and miscreants both local and foreign, the big difference being Patong is just one area of Phuket, an island that holds much more appeal than just for the travelling sex pest...it now attracts many budget tourists from all over the world that want a Thailand beach vacation that may not want to pay the more expensive costs of the Phuket area.

IMHO the establishment's lack of motivation to clampdown on the blight on Phuket that is Patong has led to this uneasy mix of tourist demographics and increasing crime rate. Pattaya doesn't have that problem - it attracts only one demographic, the sex tourist.

does not sound like you have been to Pattaya lately, it is full of Russian couples many with their children, also many Chinese and other Asian tour groups. But the "sex tourist" is becoming the minority, I know because I live here, "It attracts only one demographic, the sex tourist and Sex Pests" wow, very judgmental and just wrong...

Edited by Rainmon
  • Like 1

a victim is never a victim "only" once...

their pictures are published all over the press, their lives, too...

whatever they did wrong, will be pulled out of the drawer...

often, they have to justify, why they did become the victim...

what was he/she doing in the park that late?

maybe s/he was drunk?

they are kept for hours at the crime scene - naked in their blood..

then they get turned inside out, autopsied, every single organ taken out...

then the killer lies about the victim "she wanted it"... etc etc...

and then, the body bag gets zipped open, so that everyone can have a look and the press take pictures...

Edited by dingdang

should not all the men involved be charged for murder as they do in de US ? if one commits a crime all the other culprits gets the same sentense for participating???

i hope mr Embassador will also walk alone or with 1 other person, at night, showing gold necklace, big expensive watch, so maybe he can feel how it is to be robbed or stabbed ?

Looked at the video and having worked as a cameraman about 30 years I noticed that CCTV video's are steady and this looks like a phone or other camera which means someone saw the actual killing and there may be more than the video we see. I am not sure but can this be the reason we not see all footage because what we not see may have let to the arrest and to stories that the police knew names already.

I think if you look a bit closer, this is a recording of a monitor. That's why it's shakey. The monitor is steady but the cameraman recording it hasn't got a steady hand. See the monitor's frame at 0:07

I would hope that these two suspects are the actual culprits, and not some country bumpkins the police have persuaded to take the fall, in return for a large donation to their families. The police are under incredible pressure for results, so I guess anything is feasible.

My thoughts exactly

Why isn't this sort of vigilance deemed normal policing as it is elsewhere? Tourists are stabbed far to frequently for my liking but the authorities do nothing unless or until there's an outcry from abroad.

Burma has just opened it's doors....

I find if someone is charged and then sent to jail it is never reported what happen to the bad guys/girls as what the term of jail is.

This i think is in Thai law it not told what happen after the court case,So nobody knows worldwide what the out come is.This sucks..........

I think in this instance TAT will want the world, especially Australia to know that they were convicted and sentence to XXX, for the sake of tourism and Thailands image.

<p>This video should be removed from TV and youtube. i'm not sure the family would want he whole world to see there mother,sister or aunt be stabbed in a alley way.its disgusting that TV let this be shown and then delete other minor things.disgusting if you ask me.showing this video can not help catch the killers in anyway %2

Totally agree 100%. I replied to an earlier question as to who put it up. A. the editor of a news source we cannot mention. Nuff said.

Everyone does need to ask : what human benefit comes from watching the video ? And does anyone care about the feeling of the grieving relatives ?

• Like 2

Death penalty!

way to easy... let them work or like the other member said, Bkk Hilton for the rest of their lives.... Death penalty is third world country style, like China, USA or Myanmar still do....and I understand it at least for Chinas masses......It will change nothing...or has it in the USA changed anything? The only thing it changes is it would empty jails (: ....bad luck for the private prison system and the moneymachines in some countries over seas whistling.gif

Why do we consistently get people trying to turn this into a regional issue? To the extent that we have members joining up purely to post pro-Pattaya and anti-Phuket BS, get a grip.

Phuket's resorts are many and varied but unfortunately those closest to Patong are getting infected by proximity. Kata and Karon used to be pleasant areas with a family vibe but being just downwind of the island's den of inequity seems to be taking quite a toll on them and the change over the last few years is quite tangible.

When considering Phuket, only Patong can be accurately compared to Pattaya, as both attract the same low lives and miscreants both local and foreign, the big difference being Patong is just one area of Phuket, an island that holds much more appeal than just for the travelling sex pest...

Glad it looks like those responsible may actually be brought to justice although I'm sure that's of very little comfort to the victim's family and friends.

It's about time the powers that be on Phuket start to really clamp down on the HQ for vice in Phuket, Patong, and in doing so show the world that quality tourists are more important to Thailand than those looking for cheap thrills.

I just hope these aren't a couple of innocent saps who's family have been well paid to provide the BiB with some favourable headlines and a photo op...

and dry

Amazing how many of these crimes go unsolved but when it becomes international media fodder that may have a damaging effect on tourism, near instant results...

errrr but would not millions of tourists who want 'cheap thrills' then not visit? leaving any number of businesses hi and dry

and many thais jobless

I would hope that these two suspects are the actual culprits, and not some country bumpkins the police have persuaded to take the fall, in return for a large donation to their families. The police are under incredible pressure for results, so I guess anything is feasible.

I hope they caught the real killers.

If there is no immediate arrest then we're told that it's a cover-up and that nothing more will be heard about it.

If there is an arrest then of course the police must have it wrong.

If they arrest a farang, then the police are trying to blame someone other than a Thai.

If they arrest a Thai, then it has to be some poor unsuspecting country bumpkin.

Yes, I think you have captured the state of affairs quite accurately... well done, ol' chap!

Totally agree 100%. I replied to an earlier question as to who put it up. A. the editor of a news source we cannot mention. Nuff said.

Everyone does need to ask : what human benefit comes from watching the video ? And does anyone care about the feeling of the grieving relatives ?

If you don't like it or have a weak stomach for such content then don't watch it. Simple. There is a warning.

I replied to an earlier question as to who put it up. A. the editor of a news source we cannot mention. Nuff said.

Only thing worse than Thai investigative police work is Thai investigative journalism... where facts are reduced to politicized opinions, opinions are reported as substantiated facts, and data is whatever numbers the reporter feels like putting in the article without identifying the source.

• Like 1

Thai Police can amaze me..Excellent Job~~( if there found guilty of course)...They can often get their man especially if some pressure is put on them....

Perhaps under intense pressure all they did was hand in "business associates"

If you don't like it or have a weak stomach for such content then don't watch it. Simple. There is a warning.

Yes... and then there are those other things called good taste, decency, respect, humanity and class.

Good journalism demands asking: will printing gruesome details or showing graphic photos/video somehow benefit the story and the readers' understanding? If the answer is "no", then you delete it out of respect for the grieving.

• Like 1