'Certificate Of Residence' From Immigration

Hi there,

If I want to go to Immigration and get a 'Certificate of Residence', are there criteria that I need to satisfy in order to get this?? Im on a 'Triple entry' visa which expires 1st August. I want to stay in the land of smiles a long time.

Anyone who has recently obtained a Certificate of residence and can advise me - I am grateful for your help

It depends a bit, but most immigraiton offices require you to do 90 day reports before they will issue such letter. On a tourist visa you are not doing 90 day reports.

Do try, and take proof of address with you, but don't be surprised if they refuse.

Another option to issue such letter is your embassy.

in chiang mai i obtained a residence certificate at immigration whilst on a tourist visa.

i had to provide my rental agreement as proof of address , they also accept a thai driving licence if you have one of those.

500 baht , photo copies of passport and a photo.

i didn't have a rental agreement so i asked my girlfriend's landlord to write me one out because i pay her rent each month anyway.

What is the purpose of wanting certificate of residence?

If is is to stay longer in Thailand (if I've read your post correctly) I'm afraid you will need a bit more than that including Visas and financials.

A certificate of residence does not extend your stay beyond your visa expiry date.

More info required me thinks!!

If is is to stay longer in Thailand (if I've read your post correctly) I'm afraid you will need a bit more than that including Visas and financials.

A certificate of residence does not extend your stay beyond your visa expiry date.

In every Thai official transaction two forms of ID are required 1) Identity and 2) Address ...... ID card ...... House Book.

In order for a foreigner to participate in a Thai official transaction they need ........... Passport .......... Ermmmm what do I do for address?

For a foreigner they allow

Work Permit/Yellow house book/Certificate of Residence.

(Not to be confused with Certificate of Residency)

CofR is issued at any Embassy or Immigration department. They will accept almost any excuse as long as you pay them.

It's all about the money ........ they don't really care what your address is.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

In every Thai official transaction two forms of ID are required 1) Identity and 2) Address ...... ID card ...... House Book.

In order for a foreigner to participate in a Thai official transaction they need ........... Passport .......... Ermmmm what do I do for address?

For a foreigner they allow

Work Permit/Yellow house book/Certificate of Residence.

(Not to be confused with Certificate of Residency)

CofR is issued at any Embassy or Immigration department. They will accept almost any excuse as long as you pay them.

It's all about the money ........ they don't really care what your address is.

If he is looking to extend his visa a copy of his rental agreement and landlords housebook will suffice, I have just read another post by him and I think it's a driving license he is looking for, the op hasn't made this clear in this post...

If I want to go to Immigration and get a 'Certificate of Residence', are there criteria that I need to satisfy in order to get this?? Im on a 'Triple entry' visa which expires 1st August. I want to stay in the land of smiles a long time.
Edited by Tafia

If he is looking to extend his visa a copy of his rental agreement and landlords housebook will suffice,

In Jomtien I have never been asked for anything more than a copy of the lease. I have obtained several CofR and also my retirement extension itself without providing the housebook.

Of course YMMV on the day and depending on which office you go to.

• Like 1

The OP needs one for obtaining a drivers license.

Edited by MJCM