Every Foreigners Should Watch This Vdo About The King.

supashot

very interesting....However it is seen through British Eyes.

I think that was the naming ceramony I watched on THai TV here in the 70s and I I was impressed by the lack of formality when the children mingled sadly this did not show in this video.

Edited by harrry

I sent it to the wifey and we sat down and watched it together. 1hr 14 min, the whole documentry.

I thought the movie is excellent, so does my wife. Great eye opener.

Damo.

• Like 1

I found it interesting the comunist threat to Thailand and the times the Thai pepole lived in with lot of refugees and wars in neighboring countries. I have a better understanding now of why His Majesty is so respected. The work he did for the Thai communties and the love he has for Thailand is admired by and very evident in just about every Thai person today.

This documentary was made by BBC in 1979 because the Vietnamese invasion of Cambodia was mentioned as it just happened

The BBC had to handle this in a way acceptable to Thai traditions and at the same time adapted to an English speaking audience : it was well done.

Thanks Supashot, for finding this great (BBC?) TV-programme about Thailand and the Royal family. Very informative and so much better, than just reading the same in a history book - espcially the interview with his Majesty.

A must see, if you are staying - or planning to stay - in LoS.

Thanks Supashot, for finding this great (BBC?) TV-programme about Thailand and the Royal family. Very informative and so much better, than just reading the same in a history book - espcially the interview with his Majesty.

A must see, if you are staying - or planning to stay - in LoS.

I agree the interview with His Majesty shows why he was and is loved so much by so many.

The best part for me is when the journalist ask his Majesty "what is your plan?", the King answered very humble: "we have no plan, we just want to make something good for the people, because if we make something good to the people, so the people will be better". It says all: do something good for the people.

Edited by supashot
  • Like 2

I know it won't happen, but Thai television should air this on local television shows once a day for a month. Maybe a reminder to the Thai people of what real love and concern for the Thai population really is., Buddha bless the King.

And would be more interesting than Thai Soap;-)

Many thanks for posting part 1 of Soul of the Nation. On my very first trip to Thailand, a country of which I didn't know anything at all before my take-of in Brussels, I started to read some articles about this Kingdom. During one my conversations to a woman I met in Bangkok, I got invited to pay a visit to one of the projects of His Majesty. It made me become very humble and I started to understand what it takes to become a true Father. That's what HM really is for his people, a loving and caring Father. I wish that other countries were to take an example to Thailand.

Indeed, more people living in Thailand and abroad should at least see this documentary or be able to visit one of HM projects to begin to understand that Thailand is so much more than Pattaya or Phuket with all the related thoughts they believe that Thailand is about.

Many thanks for posting part 1 of Soul of the Nation. On my very first trip to Thailand, a country of which I didn't know anything at all before my take-of in Brussels, I started to read some articles about this Kingdom. During one my conversations to a woman I met in Bangkok, I got invited to pay a visit to one of the projects of His Majesty. It made me become very humble and I started to understand what it takes to become a true Father. That's what HM really is for his people, a loving and caring Father. I wish that other countries were to take an example to Thailand.

Indeed, more people living in Thailand and abroad should at least see this documentary or be able to visit one of HM projects to begin to understand that Thailand is so much more than Pattaya or Phuket with all the related thoughts they believe that Thailand is about.

100% correct! After 19 years visiting Thailand You know where you have to stay away.

and yes i also can suggest to visit the many project of his Majesty.

It's know that our former Belgium King Boudewijn was a good friend of the Thai King!

Excellent!

But part 2 seems to end abruptly... What about part 3?

I can't find any further link on youtube...

...except, surprisingly, this

about His Majesty brother's death.

And this

which is also called The Soul Of The Nation (part 1) but runs 1 hour 14 minutes, instead of the above link that runs only for 33minutes.

Great find. Thanks. I watched part one then sent the link to my Thai wife who was enthralled - she was about 5 or 6 during the period the video was made.

Then I found part 2 on YouTube - and that led to finding one on the life of Buddha. Altogether an interesting evening.

Thanks again.

100% correct! After 19 years visiting Thailand You know where you have to stay away.

and yes i also can suggest to visit the many project of his Majesty.

It's know that our former Belgium King Boudewijn was a good friend of the Thai King!

Although not widely known by the public there, in the timeline of friendship between the two monarchs goes some nice anecdote. As you probably know King Boudewijn was a very religious man. At some time in the history of his friendship with HM Bhumibol, he tried to convince the latter to convert to catholicism. As a kind harted and diplomatic man he handed a book to HM Boudewijn about Buddhism. At one of their contacts after having read the book, HM Boudewijn would have told HM Bhumibol that he now understood why he's a Buddhist.

@user3

Let me clarify something here: I am not Thai, I just another European living here for many years, I never understood why there was whole passion about the King. I believed like most of us it's was traditional propaganda, after watching I understood much more: how every single thai citizens were blessed by what the King and the royal family bring to this country. To a 1/3 world country to a modern one today. Like the King said we don't know what was the plan just do something good for Thai people. Why do you want to see something bad with a Royal family who devoted their life to help Thai people?