Thailand Is Cheap? Not Always.

jackinbkk

I went with my wife on the weekend (i'm in the UK) to fix her friends computer. Her friend is a girl from Udon Thani (I'll call her Lady A) and now she's married to a beef farmer. He went down the Thai bride route using those atrocious dating agencies and paying through the nose for it. Anyway she has lots of friends and acquaintances from Thailand who she somehow seems to meet in places like facebook, popular thai dating sites etc. I really don't know how she meets them?

One Thai girl was working for a government org and somehow got chatting to her. She was moved from Bangkok to London when her boss relocated. Basically being here on a work permit and no more. With the threat looming of being sent back to Thailand she quickly set about getting Lady A to invite her up to her home some 200 miles north. She's probably in her fifties. Up she came and within days she was talking of marriage to a man who worked on the farm. Fair enough a fairly old single man with not much happening. She came a few more times. Apparently something was said that jeopardized the marriage and she was on the phone to Lady A spitting venom like a cobra. She turned the worker against everyone and got her marrage. She has now brought her son over to live in the UK with them in the home the man owned. I believe he is talking again as he needs his job on the farm. It sounded very uneasy.

One time my wife and Lady A went to their home and my wife was sick after for about 3 days. So was lady A. It's like they were poisoned. I have told her never to go near that woman again. What was she thinking!

So now a second worker is engaged to a Thai lady also and set to be married in about a month. Lady A seems to be setting up all the Thai women she can with UK men. I believe it is because she charges a fee for doing it. I don't actually think lady A is bad, just naive. She is also told go for it by her husband. Why not. The Thai women are happy to give away 10% of something they will get when now they have pretty much nothing.

Now here is the part relating to the subject.

Somehow lady A setup a meeting between a Thai girl and a manchester man. He lives at home with his parents and works as a nurse. They were quickly married in Thailand, before she even got a visa for the UK. She came here once on a Tourist visa to meet the man. I have heard that it has been taking a long time for him to get her a visa. I know because this woman has been constantly on facebook to my wife asking all kinds of questions. She wants to get back to England. I think she was only here for 2 weeks before.

When I went to fix the computer the farmer told me that the woman now married to the man in manchester is demanding a £4,000 sinsot now be paid. She's not even living here yet. She's clearly had her head filled with BS by other Thai women about demanding money from wealthy westerners. She clearly has no understanding of what a nurse is paid. Unlucky for him it seems he's married a leech. This bad impression was made all the worse when I heard of yet another Thai bride who is jumping from husband to husband, divorced twice and married 3 times. She has pictures of herself all over facebook with her silicon enhanced figure on display in bikinis and similar.

Beware things from Thailand can be very expensive. blink.png

Be a good idea if the groom would learn a few things about customs of the brides nation, sinsot is required often, i have no sympathy for the silly guys who get caught up with this sort of crap.

Lets face it there are just as many lonely and desperate men who will jump at any decent looking pussy...well maybe even ugly, as there are women who are looking for a better life.

You know if you dont date you dont get experience, if your to trusting your going to get caught out, if you dont have a balanced mind your going to make a mistake, if you dont have some sort of criteria in what you want in a partner your going to get rubbish.

Relationships are a minefield at the best of times, i recall when my ex not long after she came to live with me in AU causally turned to me and said "you should give me money each week". This came from an educated girl with a degree who had had a great job in BKK, the trouble was once she moved to AU she was working in a thai restaurant part time with upcountry poor educated girls and knocking around with them during the day. My response was you have a job you dont need any money from me, walking off i muttered bar girl...the subject never came up again.

just another story about fools and their money witnessed by... erm... Jack in BKK but who is in UK...

Anyway, nothing to do with Thailand being cheap.

... That being said, try to get a good looking westerner to come live with you for 4000 pounds ...

next...

Jack, a bit of advice.

Shorter paragraphs, starting out with whatever you think your main point is, perhaps a bit of a summary so people who've heard these stories a thousand times can skip it or give their boilerplate response.

What you are talking about is a huge industry here, getting more and more organized all the time.

And not always a scam.

If you do end up with a nice young girl and she costs you less than buying and maintaining a low-end second-hand car, most guys consider that a fair deal.

And as with most going looking for that car, caveat emptor; sometimes people will be blatantly ripped of, some just get poor value for money, and out of the latter, for many it's their own fault isn't it.

Nothing new here at all for most of us. . .

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

Be a good idea if the groom would learn a few things about customs of the brides nation, sinsot is required often, i have no sympathy for the silly guys who get caught up with this sort of crap.

Hang on, this girl has basically set herself up to marry a Farang and live in his country yet the farang must bend to her customs. This is deluded. Why didn't she consider his customs before being set up to marry him? What are the chances of a UK farmer knowing much about Thai's?

Additionally, the sinsot is a negotiation which should be done before marriage if she springs this on him after the wedding i say too bad, i'd tell her not to bother coming over and to find a new sugar daddy.

So somewhere in Manchester we have a nurse doing lots of overtime?

I wonder if he's even stopped to think how ridiculous the whole thing is.

You can only feel so much pity though...caveat emptor after all...interesting to note just how organised the whole thing is.

Common denominator for this is the dating agency mentioned in the first paragraph...the wife sounds like a real professional in her biz dealings. Suspiciously so.

At least Thailand is still cheaper than UK / Europe.

I'll think you will find that the UK is cheaper than Thailand on a lot of things but not all.

back on topic.

I think these men are crazy and do they not do any research. You wouldn't buy a car without find out if it's any good.

I'll think you will find that the UK is cheaper than Thailand on a lot of things but not all.

back on topic.

I think these men are crazy and do they not do any research. You wouldn't buy a car without find out if it's any good.

Where is the UK cheaper, not counting stuff one gets free because paid via your taxes. ?

Only HP sauce, l think. thumbsup.giflaugh.png

back on topic.

Where is the UK cheaper, not counting stuff one gets free because paid via your taxes. ?

Only HP sauce, l think. thumbsup.giflaugh.png

tescos is often cheaper in the uk i think but not 100%

I once lived here in a 3,000 baht a month apartment and my Thai wife was a-ok with it.. Do you think any girl would live with me if I lived like that in the west? Get your head screwed on right. It's far more affordable here.

I once lived here in a 3,000 baht a month apartment and my Thai wife was a-ok with it.. Do you think any girl would live with me if I lived like that in the west? Get your head screwed on right. It's far more affordable here.

I think ... based on your posts .... your problem with finding girls in the west has more to do with your drinking , wanting to renounce your citizenship and other social problems than it does with not being able to find a girl willing to live in an apartment that cost 10 out of 30 days minimum wages ..... because 1/3 of income on rent is actually pretty standard worldwide weather it's minimum wages or higer wages.

I think ... based on your posts .... your problem with finding girls in the west has more to do with your drinking , wanting to renounce your citizenship and other social problems than it does with not being able to find a girl willing to live in an apartment that cost 10 out of 30 days minimum wages ..... because 1/3 of income on rent is actually pretty standard worldwide weather it's minimum wages or higer wages.

You come to meet me face to face and say shit like that, pal. I know some Thai lads and all it takes is a few hundred baht to get things done here..

You come to meet me face to face and say shit like that, pal. I know some Thai lads and all it takes is a few hundred baht to get things done here..

Your making my point not taking away from it. I would say it to your face not to be rude but to help you. We can discuss it at the next visa event if you like.

I wouldnt call being threated with chops thai lads he wants to underpay for bumping me off an argument ..... I would call it responding to a drunk

You would find me posting at 3 am no matter where I am because I post as I am trading the American Market which could be 3 am on either side of the world on this site. But yeah it's pretty dull and thats why I post.

Edited by MrRealDeal