Travelling With 2 Passports / Exit Stamp

I have dual nationality

I entered Thailand with my US passport.

I will be leaving Thailand on my American passport, and want to enter Malaysia with my German passport. I will be flying by air.

What will happen when I give my German passport to the IO in Penang and they do not see a exit stamp from Thailand in the German passport. Will they still let me enter?

When leaving Thailand, what passport do I show at the ticket counter in BKK?

Anyone have some information you can share?

hi, im not to sure of your situation, but when i was working abroad a lot angola/brazil ect, we had 2 passports both uk, im sure when you enter the country on one passport you have to leave with that same passport, if you know what i mean, if youve come into thailand with your german passport you must leave with that one,, if you go to another country with you us passport then you will have to come back with that one,

just my thoughts im no expert jake

You depart Thailand on your US passport as this is the one you arrived on. Show your US passort at checkin if this was the passport you used to make the booking. I take it that the same name is in both passports. Then when you arrive in Malaysia use the German. They will not check for departure stamps. It takes to much time.

You depart Thailand on your US passport as this is the one you arrived on. Show your US passort at checkin if this was the passport you used to make the booking. I take it that the same name is in both passports. Then when you arrive in Malaysia use the German. They will not check for departure stamps. It takes to much time.

"They will not check for departure stamps. It takes to much time."

They will have time to see that the German passport has never been used when they stamp in the arrival.

I’ve heard Malaysia doesn’t look too favorable on dual nationality to begin with, or if they even allow it for that matter.

Maybe another surrounding country that allows dual citizenship would be the best bet. They will need to have a Thai embassy/consulate there as well. Land border crossings don't qualify damhikt.

Any suggestions?

"They will not check for departure stamps. It takes to much time."

They will have time to see that the German passport has never been used when they stamp in the arrival.

I’ve heard Malaysia doesn’t look too favorable on dual nationality to begin with, or if they even allow it for that matter.

Maybe another surrounding country that allows dual citizenship would be the best bet. They will need to have a Thai embassy/consulate there as well. Land border crossings don't qualify damhikt.

Any suggestions?

Australia do not stamp Australian passports. I have read that Germany do not stamp their nationalities passports when they depart. He could have only transited Bangkok airport. The OP said he was flying.

Entry/exit stamps are only checked at land borders, not at airports. When switching passports the advised method is always to just fly to another (neigbouring) country.

At airline check-in one produces the passport the ticket is bought under, at immigration you sow the passpor you entered on and when arriving at another country by air you just produce the passport you want to use to enter.

Entry/exit stamps are only checked at land borders, not at airports. When switching passports the advised method is always to just fly to another (neigbouring) country.

At airline check-in one produces the passport the ticket is bought under, at immigration you sow the passpor you entered on and when arriving at another country by air you just produce the passport you want to use to enter.

Thanks Mario2008

Does it matter which pp I use to buy the ticket?

Edited by FlyByNights