Ed Visa For 15 Months/34000 Baht, No Need To Go To The Embassy/Immigration

If one of the documents the school gives you for your application for extension of stay is a letter from the Ministry of Education (MoE), the school had to give MoE a copy of your attendance record and without sufficient attendance the MoE would not have given the letter.

How about if student wants to take 3 week holiday to someplace. Is it somehow possible with these 100% legal ed-visa language etc setups?

The Ministry of Education does not require 100% attendance to issue the requisite letter for immigration. Allowance is made for the occasional absence from class. You school will be able to give you details

It is legal if Immigration get a cut from school

Do you really have to ask? Of course, it is illegal to offer a government official a bribe, and it is illegal for an official to accept a bribe.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm planning to get a tourist visa for my next trip, and once in Thailand, i will apply for a ED visa (in a border country, which on better?)

I am wondering how i to do with the plane ticket? I don't think i can get a visa with a 1 way ticket, and if i take a round trip, i would waiste my return ticket, as it would be for a 3 months trip. I didn't see any "open" ticket available.

How did you do?

Most Thai consulates do not ask for a plane ticket with a visa application. Which consulate are you planning to use?

For the tourist visa, i usually send my passport to a company that will take care of the application. If i remember correctly, they work with the Thaï ambassy in Paris.

Maybe Consulate or ambassy can issue visa without return ticket, but i read somewhere that it will be the airline that will not allow me to get on board if i don't have a return ticket. Is it false?

A return ticket should never be required by airline - but for travel without a visa airline can require on onward ticket during the allowed stay to a country you can enter without further documents being required. For travel with a visa there is no such requirement.