Paying The Help .....

MrRealDeal

Would love to attend one of your cultural lectures....'I lived with a dozen gogo girls and the schedule for the hong nam'

All those thongs outside of the door makes it inpassablewink.png for the hong nam I mean!

Thongs ain't what they uthed to be....and I'm not Mike Tyson either ! biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to attend one of your cultural lectures....'I lived with a dozen gogo girls and the schedule for the hong nam'

All those thongs outside of the door makes it inpassablewink.png for the hong nam I mean!

You are close to being correct.

And the newspaper adds the finishing touch of class to the picturerolleyes.gif ... anyway back to "Maid's Payments" apologies to the OP

I expected a litter tray with all those pussies about.

I have never worn anything but cotton boxers. I even have found a source in Thailand for 80 baht per pair.

Tell you what though. Seeing those pics, when I get home I'm gonna tear my GF's panties off

.........they're cutting into my thigh something rotten.

You're a teacher, right?

Interesting that you have such extensive knowledge of the Prostitution scene in Thailand at all levels. Did you do a study on prostitution or something, or leading seminars at BKU on the socio economic issues around the paid sex industry? Perhaps considering the previous post which suggests your information extended to the D-Dek girls so I assume you have theoretical knowledge of the compensated dating issue; did you run a work shop on this?

I think somehow you and Kerry got your wires crossed and he became me in your mind or maybe the other way around, not sure.

But if you were addressing me, yes among my many talents I am a teacher, what of it?

I keep my professional life completely separate from my personal life, and have never even considered approaching a customer for a date, that would certainly be stupid wouldn't it when they're all rich enough to have probably already bought off every mafia cop in my district.

WRT the girls living with me, I'm a lot more their customer than the other way around, I certainly never get any money from them, more of a fair exchange barter arrangement but they do sometimes get a little cash out of me in months when there's any to spare.

And no idea about the meaning of the rest of your post, what the heck is D-Dek?

The problem with "farang over tipping from a good heart" may well be, that prices in general goes up. Try to follow national customs, if 10% or a 20-bath note is the right tips in Thailand, and then it is.

Compare the good hearted over tipping with your home country. If a days wage here is 200-300 bath and you tip 500 or 1,000 extra - 3 days extra pay - would you do that at home? A friend had a motorbike tie repaired and the repairman charged 80 bath. My friend paid 200 bath, because he thought he got a good instant service. I asked him: »Next time you have your car at serviced at home, will you pay 2½ times the price of the bill, because the service was good?«

When we farangs with a "big hearth" over tip, the Thais will think the price is too low and charge more next time. Soon we will be complaining about being overcharged in general or always being charged "farang prices".

When it comes to employment, fx a maid or housekeeper, we farangs shall always pay a reasonable salary for a good regular service. And perhaps more important, act polite and give some benefits - may be food, room, little bit extra here or then for outstanding performance and so on. It is like everywhere else, if you have a good employee you wish to keep, you give some benefits, a little over the minimum or average. There is an official governmental list over the salaries (may be minimum?) in the different provinces, which may be worth following and add the extra benefits for the outstanding performance – speaking some English may qualify some thousand baht extra a month - and/or long time employment.

Comparing salaries by converting them to you home currency – ie 300 bath/day equals 10 US$ - do not work. Livings costs – and especially taxes – are different. One way to compare is eggs: How many eggs can you but for you nett salary (after tax) in your home country? How many eggs can a Thai buy for the salary (they do not pay tax of the first 15,000 baht/m)? You may even deduct your home-costs (rent or mortgage) to make the comparison more equal. The egg method is often officially used to compare salaries. A 9-10,000 baht/m equals some 3,500 eggs in average – more up at Isaan, little less at expensive holiday islands like Koh Samui.

I do not believe you do any good by paying to much for service or products (overpay the national standard), as it may not only increase prices for us farangs, but in general - and make similar service too expensive for the locals (inflation). But of course we shall pay a fair price compared to the local costs.

And the beautiful girl who gives you company all evening/night at the bar and wants to go home with you - but you have leave behind – of course you shall tip her for her service. She could have spent the time with someone more potential…

• Like 1

if i want to pay 10 pound per hour (not even per day) for a maid, than it's time to move back, or maybe i will pay that after i win euromillions

about tipping, what about the 10% service charge you pay on top off every meal ?

prices are allways exclusive of the 10% service charge + 7% vat ...

should change the prices in the menu to the real prices, too difficult ?

btw, concerning the maid : she came one day begging my wife if she could borrow money for a leaky roof of her parents home town where also her children reside...

30.000 baht she got, never (had to) pay it back

so far for charity...

Edited by belg

if i want to pay 10 pound per hour (not even per day) for a maid, than it's time to move back, or maybe i will pay that after i win euromillions

about tipping, what about the 10% service charge you pay on top off every meal ?

prices are allways exclusive of the 10% service charge + 7% vat ...

should change the prices in the menu to the real prices, too difficult ?

btw, concerning the maid : she came one day begging my wife if she could borrow money for a leaky roof of her parents home town where also her children reside...

30.000 baht she got, never (had to) pay it back

so far for charity...

the maid asked 30,000 to repair a leak ? and you gave it to her rolleyes.gif

can i have a job ?

the roof was old and look more like someone with a shotgun came by and shot holes everywhere ... her children and parents live under that roof so i felt pitty ... she needed to get the thin foil or whatever they use, replaced all over...she offered to work for many months for free in exchange, but how would she survive without any money ? that was my charitable act of the decennia... husband was alcoholic, left her pennyless, used to beat her on regular basis, was a gambler and alcoholic, so i guess everybody was releaved when he finally give back his soul for the next life... how working honest humble person, why would i not help if i could in that time ...

many thais go to temple and give crazy amounts of money to monks who don't need it at all (living with big flatscreen, laptop, iphone...) just to pray to keep the wealth in...

what i did was out of good heart to cencerly help a poor person who works for our family (clean, cook, wash, nanny...)