Portable Ice Cube Makers

schain3

I've seen these advertised back home, but can't remember seeing one here. Have you tried Makro? Maybe Central Department store? The only other thought would be to stop into one of those stores selling all sorts of commercial kitchen stuff. I've seen a few around town, I think one was on 2nd road...but can't remember where. I'll keep an eye open for it now.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/239721300/Flake_Ice_machine.html

• Like 1

I checked Makro yesterday, they don't have any. I haven't looked for one in Central, but I trawl their kitchen gadget area regularly and I'm sure if they'd had one I'd have noticed.

I don't think you can buy just one unit from Alibaba, they're usually wholesale only.

There's a place on 3rd road, between Pattaya Tai and Soi 17, that sell industrial kitchen gear, they might have one, or know where to get one.

• Like 1

I checked Makro yesterday, they don't have any. I haven't looked for one in Central, but I trawl their kitchen gadget area regularly and I'm sure if they'd had one I'd have noticed.

I don't think you can buy just one unit from Alibaba, they're usually wholesale only.

There's a place on 3rd road, between Pattaya Tai and Soi 17, that sell industrial kitchen gear, they might have one, or know where to get one.

Maybe it was 3rd road where I saw that store??? Could be!

We have got one we brought from the UK but do not use as we have an ice maker in our big fridge.

It is not one you connect to the water supply, you have to fill it up and away it goes. PM me if interested.

Oink

The Model number is SIT-801

I believe the telephone # for Singer Thaialand is 662-352-4777 fax 4799 I can give you my A/C guys number for that PM me in the mean time I will have the wife ask him where he got it it looks like by the packaging he ordered it from Singer Thailand. It runs non stop we love it.

Moe

• Like 1

The Model number is SIT-801

I believe the telephone # for Singer Thaialand is 662-352-4777 fax 4799 I can give you my A/C guys number for that PM me in the mean time I will have the wife ask him where he got it it looks like by the packaging he ordered it from Singer Thailand. It runs non stop we love it.

Moe

Agree with schain3 above, didn't find the model on Singer's website, any further info would be great:

- does it have a freezer built-in to prevent the produced ice cubes from melting until they are used?

- any disadvantages such as high power consumption, bulky, heat, noise?

- how does it work? Does it have a dispenser like the ice cube dispensers you see in fast food places or do you "dig" up the ice from a tray?

- picture?

- price?

Never thought of needing them before, but I kind of like the idea. A quick search of the internet shows many models, smaller ones around $100 USD. Plug in and go. Many you add water as needed and they have a "add water" light. Having owned a restauran my mind was thinking of of the large stand up units we had. But some businesses definitely could use a smaller unit. Maybe try the hospital or one of the small clinics around town? Seems to me they might need a small amount of ice from time to time on an as need basis?

Edited by gk10002000
  • Like 1

I have sent an email to singer with the model number included. If they get back to me I will post the response here.

if anyone ever sees one around the pattaya area. please let us know. Lets hope we and anyone else looking can find them.

• 10 months later...

My machine went on the blink cant complain to much after three years of pretty much continious service. I am having problems locating parts for it all I need is the ice harvest motor and possibly a limit switch. One of the neighbors was talking about a machine for @ 10,000.00 B need to check on that will post if it checks out.

Moe