Baht To Aud

keith101

i am looking at going back to aus for a while does anyone know if its possible to change thai baht back to aussie dollars here in thailand before going back the reason for doing so is all my money is in the bank here B.O.T.

Today Kasikorn Bank is quoting 32.5325 for notes. They also offer a same day service for transferring funds to Australian banks. Depending on the amount you wish to transfer you may be able to negotiate a better exchange rate. They did so for me when doing a bank transfer of A$ to my Kasikorn Thai account.

Assuming you're looking for cash notes, it's difficult to find locations with a large supply without having to do tons of paperwork, probably end up making the rounds at a few places to collect more than a few hundred.

Airport's a good bet. . .

i

Airport exchange booths don't give a good exchange rate. Depends where you are e.g. Central Festival Plaza in Pattaya has a number of banks (Level 4?) Go after midday and plenty of foreign currency, incl A$

i

Airport exchange booths don't give a good exchange rate. Depends where you are e.g. Central Festival Plaza in Pattaya has a number of banks (Level 4?) Go after midday and plenty of foreign currency, incl A$

Agreeing that while the Airport will have the sufficient amount of Currency... the exchange rate will be cr*ap.

As it is in the BTS stations.

As it is in the lower level Bank exchange boothes in MBK.

Better on the upper floors.

thanks very much guys you have given me a lot to think about.i will definately be sending my car back to aus as well and have checked a number of places that can do it.at this date unsure when i will be going will go to pattaya first for a good time before leaving. thank you again.

Make sure you have an import permit for the car to australia and meet all the conditions. Remember the airconditioner will probably need to be emptied here and if you do not there is a massive fine and your vehicle must be re-exported.

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/importing_vehicles/general/index.aspx

Edited by harrry

If you have a bank account in Australia I would just get the bank in Thailand to transfer your money back. I'm sure there would be some fee but it shouldn't be much. I transfer my $A to my bank in Thailand online and it costs me A$24, that's for up to $10,000. You might also get a better rate if you transfer to Oz in baht and get the bank in Oz to convert to dollars.

If you have a bank account in Australia I would just get the bank in Thailand to transfer your money back. I'm sure there would be some fee but it shouldn't be much. I transfer my $A to my bank in Thailand online and it costs me A$24, that's for up to $10,000. You might also get a better rate if you transfer to Oz in baht and get the bank in Oz to convert to dollars.

your rate is more likely better here as there is a loading of about 3% on the internal and external baht rate.

.at this date unsure when i will be going will go to pattaya first for a good time before leaving

Wise move, if you're lucky, you don't even have to care about any exchange rates. Just make sure that you buy your ticket first. biggrin.png

Edited by Semper

your rate is more likely better here as there is a loading of about 3% on the internal and external baht rate.

When I transfer my money from Oz I have the option of selecting either $A or Baht for the transfer. I always select $A because the exchange rate is better this end. I don't know how it applies in reverse.

When I transfer my money from Oz I have the option of selecting either $A or Baht for the transfer. I always select $A because the exchange rate is better this end. I don't know how it applies in reverse.

Transfer in A$ to Australia - Oz banks give a lousy exchange rate for Thai baht

i changed $19k AUD 6 years ago when my wife came over here permanently. We did at super rich in Pathunam next to big C. Was very painless, we had to wait a while for them to get the money and then obviously count and recount it. don't remember many forms to fill in.

if you bring in over $10k you need to declare however for us as there were 2 of us they said we are under 420k and not to worry as the custom forms in Oz would have needed filling.