Business Operators On Bangkok’s Khao San Road To Invest Bt100m To Upgrade The Area

webfact

Khao San Road business operator to invest THB100mil to upgrade the area

BANGKOK, 29 June 2012 (NNT) – Business operators on Bangkok’s famous Khao San Road are ready to spend big to upgrade the area.

Mr. Sanga Ruangwattanakul, Chief Executive Officer of Buddy Group Co., Ltd., which manages the famous Khao San Road, said that a budget of 100 million baht has been allocated to improve the settings on this famous tourist street.

After the facelift, two new tourist attractions will be up and running, according to Mr. Sanga.

He said that one of the new attractions is a 200-square-wa museum to display the history and all information about the Phra Nakorn District and Khao San Road. The other attraction is set to be a library for tourists. Both are expected to be operational by the beginning of 2013.

Mr. Sanga said that, currently, Khao San Road sees the daily arrival of 8,000-10,000 tourists, 80 of whom are European and the remainder being Asian travelers.

BANGKOK, 29 June 2012 (NNT) – Business operators on Bangkok’s famous Khao San Road are ready to spend big to upgrade the area.

Mr. Sanga Ruangwattanakul, Chief Executive Officer of Buddy Group Co., Ltd., which manages the famous Khao San Road, said that a budget of 100 million baht has been allocated to improve the settings on this famous tourist street.

After the facelift, two new tourist attractions will be up and running, according to Mr. Sanga.

He said that one of the new attractions is a 200-square-wa museum to display the history and all information about the Phra Nakorn District and Khao San Road. The other attraction is set to be a library for tourists. Both are expected to be operational by the beginning of 2013.

Mr. Sanga said that, currently, Khao San Road sees the daily arrival of 8,000-10,000 tourists, 80 of whom are European and the remainder being Asian travelers.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-06-29 footer_n.gif

»Mr. Sanga said that, currently, Khao San Road sees the daily arrival of 8,000-10,000 tourists, 80 of whom are European and the remainder being Asian travelers.«

Presume it must be 80%?

8,000-10,000 a day of whom 80 are Europeans....talk about Fruedian slip.

80 farangs would be about right considering how the Thais wrecked the place by taking it up market for local yuppies.

The backpackers go elsewhere. In Bangkok you see some around bangrak area...much cheaper.

A 100 million investment will probably be some 'front' for a scam milking off 30% for themselves.

Edited by jalansanitwong
  • Like 1

I assume 80million is spent on bribes to the police to keep the local scammers and pick pockets out?

Maybe the 80million will be spent on cooking lessons or how to operate a quality restaurant with food standards.

I assume your the father of the tool that parks his super cars on the side walk.

"Mr. Sanga Ruangwattanakul, Chief Executive Officer of Buddy Group Co., Ltd., which manages the famous Khao San Road,"

Interesting that a Hotel Owner manages a street, i thought that they have an administration in BKK, a mayor?

It's not unusual for business owners to collaborate to improve a particular area, whether formally, like the Ratchaprasong Square Trade Association or informally like on Suk Soi 3/1 where a few years back, many business owners chipped in to pave the soi with brown stones (versus the awful dilapidated asphalt that predicated it)

8,000-10,000 a day of whom 80 are Europeans....talk about Fruedian slip.

80 farangs would be about right considering how the Thais wrecked the place by taking it up market for local yuppies.

The backpackers go elsewhere. In Bangkok you see some around bangrak area...much cheaper.

A 100 million investment will probably be some 'front' for a scam milking off 30% for themselves.

Khao San Road couldn't be called upmarket by any stretch of the imagination. You don't sound like you've ever been there. It is backpacker central with loads of farangs and pretty down at heal. If that's your idea of upmarket, I'd hate to visit a downmarket area. I've no idea f Bangrak is cheap for backpackers, but I think most backpackers want the atmosphere of Khao San Road, not Bangrak.

"Mr. Sanga Ruangwattanakul, Chief Executive Officer of Buddy Group Co., Ltd., which manages the famous Khao San Road,"

Interesting that a Hotel Owner manages a street, i thought that they have an administration in BKK, a mayor?

Some streets in Bangkok are private. I know a few business that bought an entire street and now run it themselves.

Khao San is suppose to look like that it's what gives it it's charm.

No, no, you don't understand. After the raging success of Pattaya and Phuket, Khao San Rd wants to cater to upscale Russian tourists.

What that really translates to is, it's payday for a handful of people.