Chalerm Orders Urgent Crackdown On Firearms To Tackle Widespread Crimes

webfact

In a recent press article a police general blamed the Interior Ministry's gun welfare programme for the upsurge of gun violence committed by teenage hoodlums. Previously the vocational school thugs always used home made pen guns that fire a single .22 round. Now I notice that that seem to have access to .38 revolvers which are significantly more lethal, although being shot at point blank range with a pen gun is also not a pleasant experience. So there may be some truth in the policeman's quote. The ministry's gun welfare programme imports 200,000 to 300,000 .38 revolvers annnually and sells them at cheap tax free prices to anyone in the provinces who has any form of official status and that include local defence volunteers and village security guards. There is no need to present a clean criminal record and there is apparently no restriction on the number of guns an individual can own. Many of the guns are quickly sold off on the black market following a summary police report that they have been stolen. This is in sharp contrast to the strictly regulated sales of guns by gun stores which are only legally permitted to sell 30 new guns a year. Clearly a spectacularly irresponsible policy that is intended purely to line pockets at the ministry with nil regard for the consequences for the nation.

You have no idea at all about lethality of small arms rounds.

The .22 LR is the round of choice for illegal use at close range.

Because It tumbles so nicely

I am aware of that and of course a .22 LR round is lethal at close range, particularly a head shot. However, the pen guns are usually single shot weapons and the louts can achiever a higher rate of fire with a .38 revolver which is also not pleasant to be shot in the head with.

Let me get this straight, he's going to take away permitted firearms and leave just the criminals with guns. sad.png

It happened in UK sad.png , lost my Colts cos of nutters going on the rampage. Hasn't made a bit of difference cos of stuff being smuggled in. Same in LOS, noooooo difference what so ever. bah.gif

Mr. Chalerm stated that the thorough and serious sweep of weapons will continue even though he has received threats from those who have been affected by this new policy

Namely his own kids. .

Probably doesn't apply to the Toilet Brothers