Visa Denial?

Hi,

I was this afternoon at immigration. I had to get a new passport as my old one was stolen and asked to get my visa stamp into the new passport. I was in May in Vientiane and got a double tourist visa there. Everything seemed to be ok with the stamps. The officer in immigration looked at the record and told me that I was on overstay. I was pretty shocked as I heard the reason. The computer entry from the border at Nong Khai showed only a valid visa on arrival for two weeks. I do not know how that could have happened. The office at Pak Kret told me that I have to come back on Monday and that he will give me a letter for the General Consulate (the office responsible of all embassies all over the world) and that I have to go there so that they can check with the embassy in Vientiane.

Has that or something similar happened to anyone else here on the forum?

How are my chances that I will get my double tourist visa back?

(Sweating, sweating, sweating)

You will not get a visa back - if you have lost passport it is lost. You appear to have entered Thailand with a visa exempt entry of 15 days. Did you check your passport when you entered and did you actually enter your visa information on your arrival card. You may be able to avoid overstay charge if proof of visa issue is obtained (but it would be better if you are sure it was entered on entry paperwork).

i got the visa stamp for sure into my passport in the embassy in Laos. I checked on that as I came out of the embassy. At the border I checked as well. I hope that an agency where I left my data took as well a copy of the visa stamp. Now, I have been 16years in the country but this situation is a first timer for me.

Whatever letter they give you, you have to leave the country n that , afaik, involves paying overstay.

You did not keep a copy of passport, visa entry stamp and departure card by yourself? If not then it is totally up to Immigration, but I am sure that Embassy will not reissue a visa.

I think that letter might be a authorization to travel within Thailand without being busted and charged for overstay. They may send you back to Nong Khai to manually search the arrival card.

So, anyway he are not guilty, so after that it make me so affraid really and I'll after every border pass, scan entry stamp & visa. !!!

So, he put Visa Exempt 15 days on computer, but put the correct stamp on the passport

That so in my arrival card, is just stamped the Day of Arrival on the Kingdom, not the day until when I'm admitted, also at Nong Khai my last border. So maybe the officer he's also put just the same stamp in arrival card for him.. then. Without know, until when the person are admitted.

Big complication at this way..

and I want to asked him something, did him save the Receipt of Payment of Thai Visa from the Consular Thai of Vientiane ? It seems "show the number of visa".. it can maybe help more & prove he's pay the visa..

Best is to always make a photo copy the same day you return, Visa, entry stamp and TM card, and of course i.d detail page, total cost less then 5 baht... most places would change 3 baht, you would need then anyway for the extension.

rolleyes.gif This is precisely why that, BEFORE you leave the immigration officer at the border or airport, you should check the entry date and the "permitted to stay until" date that is stamped in your passport then.

If there is an obvious mistake it can be corrected right there at that time.

The immigration officer can change it immeadiately...they are human too...and can make mistakes just like everyone else.

But if you politely point it out at the time they will usually correct it right there with no complaint.

rolleyes.gif

There is one thing very important with those kind of matters: check!!!!

Check the visa for the last day of validity

Check the "permission to stay in the Kingdom-stamp" upon passing Immigration inbound.

Agreed and make sure it is the type you asked for, should get, or compliments an existing visa.

Always do a photo copy of all your passport pages for future reference and most importantly update with your most recent visa information as soon as possible.

Your current TM entry card.

Don,t be tempted to use it for other purposes without first getting an additional back up done as you can easily forget.

Me, I do multipal duplications to cover whatever they may be required for during your stay ect.

At 50 satang a copy it won,t break the bank rolleyes.gifbiggrin.png

marshbags wink.png

marshbags

Edited by marshbags