We have China.

Who need the Yankee?

For every post here on TV I am never quite sure if it is a:

1. Standard troll post

2. An actual point of view. If so some would be truly frightening

3. A bit of ironic piss taking

Decisions decisions.....

There is an old Chinese saying:

It is better to have a good neighbor (near where you live), than a close relation living far away.

One thing about these proposed spending projects that politicians announce, they do that to get the info spread in the news...Thais hear/read this news and many will think its good as implemented/going to happen/is already underway...maybe makes them feel happy and/or proud. Then of course nothing really happens...the project is never funded...it just fades in the memory, but that does not make the news. So, the politicians really got what they wanted: some propaganda spread which makes them look good in the mind of some people.

Definition of propaganda according to Wikipedia: Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position. Propaganda is usually repeated and dispersed over a wide variety of media in order to create the chosen result in audience attitudes.

Also it helps the Thai's to believe they can do any thing and do it better.

And they wonder why the rest of the world dosen't beat a path to there door for their scientific expertise.

In many ways they are so far behind that they think they are first.

• Like 1

One thing about these proposed spending projects that politicians announce, they do that to get the info spread in the news...Thais hear/read this news and many will think its good as implemented/going to happen/is already underway...maybe makes them feel happy and/or proud. Then of course nothing really happens...the project is never funded...it just fades in the memory, but that does not make the news. So, the politicians really got what they wanted: some propaganda spread which makes them look good in the mind of some people.

Definition of propaganda according to Wikipedia: Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position. Propaganda is usually repeated and dispersed over a wide variety of media in order to create the chosen result in audience attitudes.

Also it helps the Thai's to believe they can do any thing and do it better.

And they wonder why the rest of the world dosen't beat a path to there door for their scientific expertise.

In many ways they are so far behind that they think they are first.

Kind of like crossing the finish line and thinking you've won, but failing to notice all of the cars lapping you throughout the race

"...after Nasa was not able to join in the atmospheric study project."

Shouldn't that rather read "...after Nasa was denied by Thailand to conduct their atmospheric study project after obscure 'national security concerns' were cited by Thai authorities."?

No they didn't deny it. But they didn't say yes.

They said they would talk about it after it was to late to do it.

There's certainly a lot of hot air emitted by the likes of Plodprasop which could well be dangerous if allowed to linger long in the atmosphere.

Nasa, I'm sorry you couldn't come to Thailand, but perhaps it would be better if you looked in your own backyard first- millions of Americans are without power as we speak due to the storms in the east.

Temperatures are in the 30s so it must be a very unpleasant time for those affected.

What does NASA have to do with local utilities in the storm affected USA? Power utilities are the responsibility of the the local municpalities, counties, and states. NASA is a federal agency and as such has nothing to do with state managed facilities.

Yes, so temperatures are in the 30's. Big deal. What did Americans used to do in 1912? It's in the 30's on most parts of the world too. You don't see Africans, or SE Asians or Polynesians moaning and groaning about the heat do you?

Further studies by Nasa could hopefully ensure a better warning system or forecast so the good citizens of USA have time to prepare for the coming storm

Do African Americans complain about the heat or is it only white ones?

Climate studies are global, as is climate change. Studying clouds over Washington, DC won't provide better "warning systems or forecasts" for Americans. Where does your understanding of climate research come from? The back of a cereal box?

... those of us living here follow stories as this every day, no less remarkable than this one.

... I don't know if others have hit a point at which their reactions to these daily events fundamentally change ... I read this one and it makes me feel sick ... mine is no longer a measured, intellectual response, in which I feel there is some hope to make a situation better ... my response is now just plain emotional ... the Thais making this grand pronouncement are grown men and women who have in their hands the responsibility for the future of a nation of children ... my children.

... I do not feel disturbed by the 'never been colonized' Thais' proud farcical retort (based on a false Thai belief that the French and the the Brits allowed Thais any influence on their bi-lateral decision to leave Thailand as a buffer) ... I don't feel angry at the world celebrated 'me too' Thai culture of original research (plagiarizing is all they know to do) ... I don't feel insulted by the 'dissappointed that NASA could not join us' deception (to save face, or avoid accountability, overt lies always trump honesty and integrity ...a Thai cultural value).

... these people are pathologically sick ... something very basic in their mentality and values is deeply flawed ... and not just a little ... it is widespread ... after 12 years here, I finally give-up hope.

... what I really feel ... is that I no longer want my children raised in this country.

Edited by swillowbee
  • Like 2

There's certainly a lot of hot air emitted by the likes of Plodprasop which could well be dangerous if allowed to linger long in the atmosphere.

Nasa, I'm sorry you couldn't come to Thailand, but perhaps it would be better if you looked in your own backyard first- millions of Americans are without power as we speak due to the storms in the east.

Temperatures are in the 30s so it must be a very unpleasant time for those affected.

What does NASA have to do with local utilities in the storm affected USA? Power utilities are the responsibility of the the local municpalities, counties, and states. NASA is a federal agency and as such has nothing to do with state managed facilities.

Yes, so temperatures are in the 30's. Big deal. What did Americans used to do in 1912? It's in the 30's on most parts of the world too. You don't see Africans, or SE Asians or Polynesians moaning and groaning about the heat do you?

Further studies by Nasa could hopefully ensure a better warning system or forecast so the good citizens of USA have time to prepare for the coming storm

Do African Americans complain about the heat or is it only white ones?

Climate studies are global, as is climate change. Studying clouds over Washington, DC won't provide better "warning systems or forecasts" for Americans. Where does your understanding of climate research come from? The back of a cereal box?

No way dude, not from a cereal box man. From the Cracker Jacks

• Like 1

Expect to see those Issan rockets attached to the underwings of the Kingair, at the sevice ceiling of 35,000' they will ignite the rockets to gain another few thousand, feet. Problem solved.

Pathetically reactionary response, which will result in an expensive half-arsed cock up. Why didn't they just say 'yes' when NASA asked?

Haha, seriously. A King Air. Is that the best they do? I mean these are low budget corporate turbo props for companies that cannot afford a Sloowwwtation or a Beech Jet.

Why not just go all out and use a Cessana 150 super deluxe with AM/FM eight track tape deck

• Like 1

Pathetically reactionary response, which will result in an expensive half-arsed cock up. Why didn't they just say 'yes' when NASA asked?

Didn't someone high up once say Farang can not teach Thai anything?

Haha, seriously. A King Air. Is that the best they do? I mean these are low budget corporate turbo props for companies that cannot afford a Sloowwwtation or a Beech Jet.

Why not just go all out and use a Cessana 150 super deluxe with AM/FM eight track tape deck

With the old version the Thais would use they would be flying everywhere on full flap as the pilot will mistake the flap lever for a handbrake and put it in the typical full on position a thai drives.

Shouldn't that rather read "...after Nasa was denied by Thailand to conduct their atmospheric study project after obscure 'national security concerns' were cited by Thai authorities."?

Maybe, they were talking about "Chinese national security concerns" and maybe they will find 200 Mln funding there to do the research.

Who knows, ...maybe ????

NASA spent 10 million dollars researching a pen that would write under water, upside down and in zero gravity. The Russians meanwhile use a pencil.

NASA spent years planning and budgeting for the 2012 SEAC4RS project. Thailand has Plodprasop

so I need 200 millions ....... 100 for me ....50 for them another 40 for my maid and driver....and the rest to start the study .....rolleyes.gif of course this is just a joke ....

No, no. I'm sure they will come up with some ground-breaking conclusions which NASA has probably overlooked, given that it has to survive on a meagre US$35 billion budget.....

It really is a joke it will take them over a year just to set up whatever they think NASA was trying to accomplish. They also fail to realize NASA needed the airspace for two months because of the weather currents. You can't just tie a smartphone to a balloon and take a few pictures and say you are doing something groundbreaking......

It will be interesting what they find out..... I am sure it will be extraordinary lol

The Bottom Line is that China told the "Thai" Government of the "extended southern part of China" - NO!

No they didn't deny it. But they didn't say yes.

They said they would talk about it after it was to late to do it.

yes they didn't even promise to decide something later.