Moving In 4 Months

Jeremiahnewton

Dear Thaivisaer's

Going to be moving in 4 months hopefully to thailand for the first time what advice would you have for me and my wife on how to find lodgings.

Hi Jeremiahnewton.

Be specific as to what you're looking for, your anticipated budget, the area (or kind of area) you want to live in, and then do the following:

* Contact a reputable agent to do all the research and running around for you if that's within your budget.

* Search MrRoomfinder.com and other sites that have a property search facility.

* Post on this forum for help and advice as you go along.

Good luck.

Aitch

No I have never been to Thailand before been researching it and learning some of the language for a year or 2 now. My apartment got broken into and all my stuff was stolen it was due to negligence on the apartment so I am getting a settlement check. My wife and I both decided this would be the best time to do the move. Most of our stuff was stolen so we do not have to worry about storing or giving away needless property, and we are going to get a hopefully 10-15k settlement check plus she gets 603 a month for a hearing disability. we are looking at about a 1,000 a month budget plus she would like to teach english since she minored in it in college. We are tired of mass sprawl so maybe somewhere with 30-50k people near water and kinda close 1-2 hours away from a airport.

Please help us out

No I have never been to Thailand before been researching it and learning some of the language for a year or 2 now. My apartment got broken into and all my stuff was stolen it was due to negligence on the apartment so I am getting a settlement check. My wife and I both decided this would be the best time to do the move. Most of our stuff was stolen so we do not have to worry about storing or giving away needless property, and we are going to get a hopefully 10-15k settlement check plus she gets 603 a month for a hearing disability. we are looking at about a 1,000 a month budget plus she would like to teach english since she minored in it in college. We are tired of mass sprawl so maybe somewhere with 30-50k people near water and kinda close 1-2 hours away from a airport.

Please help us out

Sounds like Pattaya/Jomtien fits this.

• 4 years later...

Hi...

We have house for rent House in Ratchada-huaykwang

(Meng Jai Intersection)area. Rent 30K/ MTH.

On Pracharatbamphen 26 Rd. Soi 10. Easy

access to Ratchadapisek. Near Express way,

KIS & Regent int’l school, Huaykwang MRT &

Asoke BTS. F/F,130 sqm w.bal., 2 storeys, 3Br/2 Ba,

1 kit, 1 living rm, 1 maid rm, car parks. Call: 086-607-5995

Never been to Thailand. You and your wife may want to get a 60 day tourist visa and come for a vacation before you decide you want to live here. One thousand dollars a month will not qualify for a retirement visa unless you have 800,000baht in a bank account.

You will need to live in the sticks to get by on that small amt. Chaing mai and that area should be ok. but you will be pushing it. How old are you two 50 years of age for a retirement visa. I think you need to do more reserch about living in Thailand read this forum and you will be exposed to every farange though and feeling about Thailand from the good to the bad it can be a eye opner.

Hi...

We have house for rent House in Ratchada-huaykwang

(Meng Jai Intersection)area. Rent 30K/ MTH.

On Pracharatbamphen 26 Rd. Soi 10. Easy

access to Ratchadapisek. Near Express way,

KIS & Regent int'l school, Huaykwang MRT &

Asoke BTS. F/F,130 sqm w.bal., 2 storeys, 3Br/2 Ba,

1 kit, 1 living rm, 1 maid rm, car parks. Call: 086-607-5995

It took you four years? Four years?

Time to review the business model?