Millipede Problem!

rics21

Wifey hates them, I can't se what the problem is.

Anyway, my wife went along to one of the garden supply shops and bought some kind of liquid that she mixed with water and sprayed on the tiles all around the outside of the house.

The millipedes were dieing for a couple of weeks after that so I hate to think what was in the stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

where did your wife bought the solution????

can you be so kind as to take a photo of it????

thanks!!!!

Just checked the shed and no sign of the bottle, sorry.

Wifey says it is a general bug killer and comes in a flask type metal bottle painted silver. It also has a screw in stopper if that helps pin it down.

Anyway, my wife went along to one of the garden supply shops and bought some kind of liquid that she mixed with water and sprayed on the tiles all around the outside of the house.

The millipedes were dieing for a couple of weeks after that so I hate to think what was in the stuff.

thanks!!!!

Wifey says it is a general bug killer and comes in a flask type metal bottle painted silver.

A metal bottle painted silver? Please find the manufacturer, as I can save them a production cost fortune. giggle.gif

-mel.

I have known 6 dogs since living in Asia killed from their bites. Not harmless at all; nasty little buggers and the only creature I kill on site if in my house or garden.

The thread is about millipedes, not centipedes.

Bloody hell! you have just sent me into a world of remorse and I am not taking the piss. So, I google some pics and low and behold, I have been slaughtering millipedes, and in truth do not think I have seen a Centipede...ever. I have heard of them from people saying "wheres my dog you say? Centipede bit it, died" and some crazy loon living above me pointing out what I now know is a millipede (looks like a 100 legs, and a ccentpided has about 20) and saying it was a Centipede!

So, too clarify, these little critters are harmless then? As in so harmless you would let your baby have on on their face?

millipede2.jpg

Edited by Pseudolus

thanks!!!!

Wifey says it is a general bug killer and comes in a flask type metal bottle painted silver. It also has a screw in stopper if that helps pin it down.

any idea where she bought it?

whats the name of it in thai?

I have known 6 dogs since living in Asia killed from their bites. Not harmless at all; nasty little buggers and the only creature I kill on site if in my house or garden.

The thread is about millipedes, not centipedes.

Bloody hell! you have just sent me into a world of remorse and I am not taking the piss. So, I google some pics and low and behold, I have been slaughtering millipedes, and in truth do not think I have seen a Centipede...ever. I have heard of them from people saying "wheres my dog you say? Centipede bit it, died" and some crazy loon living above me pointing out what I now know is a millipede (looks like a 100 legs, and a ccentpided has about 20) and saying it was a Centipede!

So, too clarify, these little critters are harmless then? As in so harmless you would let your baby have on on their face?

Yes, I believe they feed on leaf litter. Centipedes are active predators.

Oh no. Well at least I know now. They are a mild irritant apparently, but not anaphylactic shock biting machines like the other ones.

millipedes are not toxic unleess threatened then the emit a mild acid.

you are likely talking about centipedes. them are nasty.

Oh no. Well at least I know now. They are a mild irritant apparently, but not anaphylactic shock biting machines like the other ones.

i wouldnt put one on my kids facee because they emit an irritant as protection, but they certainly cant bite

thanks!!!!

any idea where she bought it?

whats the name of it in thai?

Asked her and she doesn't remember the name.

It was bought in a general garden supply shop that sells all sorts of chemicals, seeds etc

Utterly amazing. Amazing Thailand. Amazing Farrangs.

If your house was over run by Giant Pandas would you shoot them all with a gun ?

How about forming a club of expats that go and slash and burn all the rain forests and kill all the animals and insects as well.

Lets get some DDT and cover the planet with it and get rid of every bleeding thing...Oh I forgot, mankind tried that before and then realised what a mistake that was....

These insects and animals were here first.

The millipedes are a nuisance? My god they actually make the house look untidy for crying out loud. When the Queen of England comes for Sunday lunch what ever will she think ?

Just leave the bloody things alone. They are seasonal, when the rains go so will the millipedes, until next time.

Its the tropics for crying out loud. I even see threads on here from expats asking when the rain will stop ? <deleted>

What a load of rubbish, so you want l feed the ants that are everywhere in my place, set up afternoon tea, or perhaps a barbie for them. rolleyes.gif

Utterly amazing. Amazing Thailand. Amazing Farrangs.

If your house was over run by Giant Pandas would you shoot them all with a gun ?

How about forming a club of expats that go and slash and burn all the rain forests and kill all the animals and insects as well.

Lets get some DDT and cover the planet with it and get rid of every bleeding thing...Oh I forgot, mankind tried that before and then realised what a mistake that was....

These insects and animals were here first.

The millipedes are a nuisance? My god they actually make the house look untidy for crying out loud. When the Queen of England comes for Sunday lunch what ever will she think ?

Just leave the bloody things alone. They are seasonal, when the rains go so will the millipedes, until next time.

Its the tropics for crying out loud. I even see threads on here from expats asking when the rain will stop ? <deleted>

What a load of rubbish, so you want l feed the ants that are everywhere in my place, set up afternoon tea, or perhaps a barbie for them. rolleyes.gif

Ants play with Barbies? Or is this just something you offer all your guests?

May I suggest the "millipede problem" (and most other infestations) might be seasonal......

So rather than trying (un-successfully) to kill them all, let them move on and die natural deaths.

You are right, it seems to be seasonal and not every season (or at least it wasn't for me).

Right again that trying to kill them all will be unsuccessful, there are always more of them, always... but I guess you really haven't been through the kind of situation the OP mentions.

It is no big drama, it almost sounds laughable and if I had not been through it myself I would probably join the "that is a problem for you?" group. It is not a problem, but it is a pain. Difficult to understand but they are everywhere, all the time and there are A LOT of them.

Still, I'd sign anywhere for this to be my biggest problem in life, need to keep things in perspective, but we are not 100% rational and they get on the nerves and become kind of a personal issue (yes, I just said that, souds completely stupid, I know biggrin.png )

Right again that trying to kill them all will be unsuccessful, there are always more of them, always... but I guess you really haven't been through the kind of situation the OP mentions.

Actually, I have been through a millipede invasion similar to what the OP describes, I have also survived a frog (or toad - not really sure) infestation, mouse plague, and a migration of somewhere between 100 and 200 cobras on the tail of the mouse plague, but hey, who is going to get close enough to the cobras to count them all.

This all within 2 months of one year. thumbsup.gif

Actually, I have been through a millipede invasion similar to what the OP describes, I have also survived a frog (or toad - not really sure) infestation, mouse plague, and a migration of somewhere between 100 and 200 cobras on the tail of the mouse plague, but hey, who is going to get close enough to the cobras to count them all.

This all within 2 months of one year. thumbsup.gif

OK, you definitely win wai.gif 100 to 200 cobras??? Where do you live? Absolutely dam_n right not to get anywhere near enough to be able to count them. That must have been quite impressing.

And the millipedes never bothered you when they were everywhere all the time? Obviously if it was after the cobra migration you probably wouldn't even notice them.

As I said, it is a minor issue, not even a problem, but I remember very vividly how I spent a few weeks almost obsessed with them. My only braincell tends to gets easily fixated in silly things smile.png