Thaksin To Heed Verdict On Charter Change: Pheu Thai MP

webfact

Thaksin to heed verdict on charter change: Pheu Thai MP

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has urged the ruling party to comply with the outcome of the judicial decision on the charter amendment bill, Pheu Thai MP Griangsak Saysreengam said on Tuesday.

"Thaksin wants Pheu Thai to accept the verdict and believes there will not be any adverse implications," he said upon his return from Dubai.

Griangsak said Thaksin did not worry that the Constitution Court would hand down an unfavourable decision but was concerned about the country's reputation in the international community for failing to uphold the rule of law.

Thaksin appeared confident that the high court was not aiming to topple the government and that the verdict would not yield negative repercussion, he said.

In regard to the reconciliation bill, Thaksin said the legislative debate should not be rushed if parties concerned were not ready for mending fences, he said.

"Thaksin said the purpose of reconciliation is for Thais to love Thais and work together to find a solution," he said.

Thaksin specifically said reconciliation was meant to benefit all Thais and not a single individual like himself, he said.

He also said Thaksin had commended his sister, PM Yingluck, for calmly steering the government's helm amid fiery attacks.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-07-03

Another mouth piece has entered the local scene. To sayTaksin will heed any decision, other than his own defies his past history and actions.

The local news media (using the term loosely) could devote their efforts to the progress or lack thereof to so many conserns which will have an immediate effect on the Thai people, instead of the ramblings of so few. Its bad enough that the various government mouthpieces contridict each other, but to give substance to remarks make by the master at contridicting himself, and then sucking in those to broadcast more of his tripe, is near criminal.

i still do not understand why does he get to make any comment? he is still a convicted criminal and still on the run

If anything, PT should be charged for aiding and abeting

• Like 2

Can someone please tell me what reputation this guy in dubuy is talking about?

This guy does not give a rats arse about Thailand or Thailands reputation

He will not shut up until he is back in Thailand, is restored to PM and has all his

money back and gets revenge against all those who oppose or disagree with him

IMO he will get a cap in his arse before all this happens .. so he is pretty irrelevant IMO

• Like 1

"...he said upon his return from Dubai."

His return from Dubai? - Thaksin is back???

Oz. Oz. Oz.... the flunkey is back NOT Flipflop:D

sent from my Wellcom A90+

An afternoon on the Chang does wonders for the reading and comprehension skills!

• Like 1

One day he say this, another he says that. One actually doesn't know any longer when he says something he really means and when he doesn't.

If his respect for court decisions were as big as he claims, he would by now have sat out his entire 2-year sentence and wouldn't have to meddle in Thai politics from his refuge abroad.

Getting really sick of the dude as every fifth headline in the local media seems to have the T-word in it.

He also said he would accept the court's decision back in February 2010, then immediately and publicly changed his mind after the verdict was announced.

One lie from many, many to choose from, but the most apt in this instance.

• Like 1

He said

"but was concerned about the country's reputation in the international community for failing to uphold the rule of law."

I for one would have loved to see him saying uphold the rule of law. I bet he was chocking and gagging when he said that.

Frankly I think he is starting to see more resistance to his plans and is trying to put on another face in case he doe's not get his past white washed and money returned.

It would be a great ploy except he has lied contradicted himself so many times he dosen't even know what he has or hasn't said.

I would have thought a person with as much money as he has and as much drive to control every one would have hired some intelligent spin doctors. Heck after the elections next November in the states there will be a lot of good one's available.

He sure hasn't shown any ideas about getting intelligent ones yet.

On second thought they wouldn't be of any use to him. He is not smart enough to use them.

• Like 1

Thaksin to heed verdict on charter change: Pheu Thai MP

He forgot to add... 'unless it doesn't go his way'

Griangsak said Thaksin did not worry that the Constitution Court would hand down an unfavourable decision but was concerned about the country's reputation in the international community for failing to uphold the rule of law.

Bit late for that, me thinks. Also, somewhat hypocritical coming from him.

Thaksin wants Pheu Thai to accept the verdict and believes there will not be any adverse implications," he said upon his return from Dubai.

What does it say about PTP's respect for the laws of Thailand that they openly take legal-advice from an fugitive criminal.

PM'S BROTHER

Thaksin wants us to accept ruling by court: Govt MP

The Nation

30185425-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- After a rumour that Thaksin Shinawatra asked Pheu Thai Party not to fight if the Constitution Court objects to the charter amendment bill, a Pheu Thai MP confirmed yesterday that Thaksin wants the party to accept the court's ruling.

Udon Thani MP Kriangsak Sroisee-ngam said he met Thaksin in Dubai and the former PM said that in the principle the party should accept the Constitution Court's order. He also believed there would be no serious incident after the judgement.

"Thaksin was saying that he is not a rival [of the court] and the court hadn't put down the flag before. He believes that the court will rule [the case] fairly as amending the charter doesn't overthrow the Constitution, instead it is only a legislative duty," Kriangsak said.

In regard to the reconciliation bill, he said Thaksin said it should be postponed if society still doesn't understand it. The former PM also reiterated the objective of the bill was to bring harmony back to the country and to allow people with different ideas to find solutions together with others.

Meanwhile, an adviser to the Administrative Court has refused to be a witness at hearings on whether the government's proposed change to Section 291 is constitutional or not.

The Administrative Court issued a statement yesterday saying that court adviser Kanchanchanarat Leewiroj, whose was listed among 16 witnesses, was never contacted in advance by petitioners or the Constitution Court about being a witness before her name was given to the media. And she had no wish to become a witness.

Another "witness", National Human Rights Commissioner Paiboon Varahapaitoon, also said yesterday he was not contacted in advance and had no knowledge as to who put his name on the list. He was perplexed by the situation.

"I can confirm that I have not received any notification [from the Constitution Court] to be a witness and if it is sent to me, I must first look at the issues they want me to answer," he said.

The government is set to argue its case in court, from tomorrow. Wattana Saengpairoh, spokesman for the House Speaker, said a legal team was ready to fight a battle with the Constitution Court but no details could be revealed at this stage.

He insisted the government was only seeking to amend the charter - not to rewrite the whole thing - and that nothing in regard to the monarchy would be touched.

Many legal experts would be consulted, Wattana said.

A source at Government House said Cabinet made PM's Office Minister Worawat Auapinyakul the leader of government representatives for the court's hearing while Deputy Prime Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit would be lead representative from Pheu Thai Party.

The source said the government had already sent extra documents, which had made officials feel confident that the court would not find the government fully guilty, though this might cause another problem. So, the government would have to sent a Cabinet meeting agenda report to confirm that the government would not amend any part of the Constitution connected to the monarchy.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-07-04

If he's encouraging people to abide by the decision, he must have already bought it.

He said the same thing prior to a couple of other decisions that went against him.

He doesn't have a very good track record of accepting them though.

Sent from my shoe phone

PTP may agree to no repercussions but that does no necessarily follow for the red shirts.

It's a vague possibility that he has developed a liking for lamb and humous but I doubt it.

More likely is another plot is about to be hatched

• Like 1

Eh? ........is he feeling okay?? blink.png

it's all part of his bigger conspiracy, don't you get it...

he wants to take over china first, then through the colonization and eventual conquering of laos he will amass an army of hmong warriors to invade thailand and then while the army are busy fighting them, he'll just mosy on down to bangkok, sneak in and change the constitution so that it makes him ruler of all planet earth - muhahahaha

Edited by nurofiend