God Is Testing Me

deejah

street fair/festival = community service??? bah.gif

all i can say is how increidbly tolerant this country is

god bless thailand wub.png

if only farang (here) were as tolerent

I am sorry for my flippant remark. The Thais are more tolerant then we farang.

This is probably a little worse http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/565763-loudspeaker-driving-me-crazy/page__st__100__hl__+loudspeaker#entry5447655

• Like 1

I thought it lasted about two weeks last year and it was indeed audible from many streets away.

And yes, endless and pointless noise is the single biggest thing wrong with SE Asia in general. I think it must be genetic.

I thought it lasted about two weeks last year and it was indeed audible from many streets away.

And yes, endless and pointless noise is the single biggest thing wrong with SE Asia in general. I think it must be genetic.

empty barrels make most nosie comes to mind.

Sorry but you chose this area :-)

Jomtien is perfectly quiet...

I still hear occasional fireworks and loud bar music so not it is not perfectly quiet. Not looking forward to the noise of high season.

Jomtien is perfectly quiet...

I still hear occasional fireworks and loud bar music so not it is not perfectly quiet. Not looking forward to the noise of high season.

Jomtien certainly isnt perfectly quiet but outside of the end-of-year fireworks (which are deafening everywhere, but which I enjoy looking at) about the only problem I have is the occasional bar party as the sound does carry rather well up to the high floors of condos if there is no other building in-between. They do seem to respect the closing times here though.

The fireworks on the beach are not just end-of-year. They begin then and go through Song Kran. Ever since they installed the bright lights along the beach it has become very popular with party tourists and especially Thais until the wee hours of the morning. We are not talking firecrackers but major, major fireworks. Thais will charge tourists money for the pleasure of lighting them. This happens at 3, 4, 5 o'clock in the morning (and often right next to the Police Station). Calling 1337 has been futile.

Ever since they installed the bright lights along the beach it has become very popular with party tourists and especially Thais until the wee hours of the morning. We are not talking firecrackers but major, major fireworks. Thais will charge tourists money for the pleasure of lighting them. This happens at 3, 4, 5 o'clock in the morning (and often right next to the Police Station). Calling 1337 has been futile.

Wow. I must sleep much more deeply than I imagined. I have never heard these, yet I can see the police box from my balcony.

I do occasionally see rockets going off further down the beach when I'm still awake but I hardly ever hear them.

Ever since they installed the bright lights along the beach it has become very popular with party tourists and especially Thais until the wee hours of the morning. We are not talking firecrackers but major, major fireworks. Thais will charge tourists money for the pleasure of lighting them. This happens at 3, 4, 5 o'clock in the morning (and often right next to the Police Station). Calling 1337 has been futile.

Wow. I must sleep much more deeply than I imagined. I have never heard these, yet I can see the police box from my balcony.

I do occasionally see rockets going off further down the beach when I'm still awake but I hardly ever hear them.

Well, after drinking some nights I can literally piss on the police box from my balcony (and one of these nights I just might). Someone exploded fireworks at about 0300 hours last night. Thankfully they are now only very occasional.

This being Thailand, I'm sure the answer is "yes" to all your questions. Suggestions: Don't live in a tourist ghetto...they tend to noisy, dirty, and crowded.

thats true, but living in a Thai ghetto does not always save you.

There are street parties, wedding parties, birthday parties, just bought a car parties, just sold a car parties, just a party to have a party parties etc.

and all usually have loud music for a few days.

I been little lucky, as i have 2 cops living in my village, plus someone of importance(cops always super wei him) so whenever there is a party like this, one of them will ensure the noise stops around midnight.

This festival on 3rd, does not seem to get busy, so OP could be lucky and it will end sooner, but i would say 10 day to 2 weeks

actually and finally headed down there

an interesting semi-cultural experience

saw two tables set up of pick a number 1-2 or 3

what are the rules?

is this legitamate?

is this legal (like it matters)?

what is the angle?

(something looks smell fishy here)