Just Got Followed Home By About 10 Thai Teenage Boys

phuturatica

However I am also shocked at the behaviour of the boys. It's very rude for Thailand especially. Of course I would expect it from chavs in England but not in Thailand. I just wish you could give chavs a good hiding in England also if they were being rude!

Are you naive or havent lived here a long time.I would expect this from young thai men and so should you to make your life safer here.

I wouldn't exactly call myself naive but the probability of it happening here is much lower than England. Hence the comparison. Also I work with teenage boys on a day to day basis and I have never found them rude or disrespectful at all. In fact quite the opposite! I think thatbecause I work with this age group and they're usually all so lovely, that's what shocked me the most.

Obviously I didn't rule it out as not happening here at all but its definitely more rare.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread seems to have gone very quiet... too quiet...

SC

OP last active 17:17 today. Most likely just gone out on a Saturday night.

Can you pop round and check the windows. smile.png

Do you suspect a computer problem ?

I'm alive and well and enjoying my Sunday afternoon. I was indeed out last night. It's the only night of the week that I can go out! I got home at 7am this morning! w00t.gif

Also I thought I would update on the boys situation. It turns out that the boys live on the same soi as me and were indeed being cocky. I saw them again yesterday and they all wai'ed me and those who didn't apologise, did. Then one of the mothers of the boys came up to me and apologised and gave me a bag of mangosteen. Bless! I think the security guy obviously told their parents or whatever. Anyways there doesn't seem to be any problem at all now. :)

However I am also shocked at the behaviour of the boys. It's very rude for Thailand especially. Of course I would expect it from chavs in England but not in Thailand. I just wish you could give chavs a good hiding in England also if they were being rude!

Are you naive or havent lived here a long time.I would expect this from young thai men and so should you to make your life safer here.

I wouldn't exactly call myself naive but the probability of it happening here is much lower than England. Hence the comparison. Also I work with teenage boys on a day to day basis and I have never found them rude or disrespectful at all. In fact quite the opposite! I think thatbecause I work with this age group and they're usually all so lovely, that's what shocked me the most.

Obviously I didn't rule it out as not happening here at all but its definitely more rare.

its not rare atall ,have u seen students turning up to other schools and fighting guns knives its mayhem.Also i used to live opposite a houe full of thai teenagers and they played music up till 1 am others were scared to ask them to turn it down as fear of revenge.Im guessing the boys u see on a day to day basis are hi so as they call them here mabye chinese looking?

If you work it right, and I am sure you will as you have reacted well so far, you will have a group of kids in your soi who will watch your back and keep you safe. Even Bangkok still has a sense of living in a cluster of villages and as one of them you will reap the benefits of that.

I'm alive and well and enjoying my Sunday afternoon. I was indeed out last night. It's the only night of the week that I can go out! I got home at 7am this morning! w00t.gif

Also I thought I would update on the boys situation. It turns out that the boys live on the same soi as me and were indeed being cocky. I saw them again yesterday and they all wai'ed me and those who didn't apologise, did. Then one of the mothers of the boys came up to me and apologised and gave me a bag of mangosteen. Bless! I think the security guy obviously told their parents or whatever. Anyways there doesn't seem to be any problem at all now. smile.png

Very good.

Chances of this happening back in the west ..... 0

Also I thought I would update on the boys situation. It turns out that the boys live on the same soi as me and were indeed being cocky. I saw them again yesterday and they all wai'ed me and those who didn't apologise, did. Then one of the mothers of the boys came up to me and apologised and gave me a bag of mangosteen. Bless! I think the security guy obviously told their parents or whatever. Anyways there doesn't seem to be any problem at all now. smile.png

Very good.

I blame the parents...

SC

Very good.

I blame the parents...

SC

West or East ??