Just Got Followed Home By About 10 Thai Teenage Boys

phuturatica

Are you pretty? Maybe they thought you were cute. wub.png

Who actually answers the question "Are you pretty?"

If you start a thread with that title you will find out...

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... But I'd rather not. :P

Yeah... But I'd rather not. tongue.png

Even better we can get Jingthing to set up a poll..... though we do not have to.....only someone drop dead georgeous could write so humanly.

I would....if you asked me.

I can't really imagine myself in that situation

'Courseyecan. OI! COWBOY! Areyoupretty?

Piss off, Imam.

OK. Now I can imagine it.

No, I would not answer it.

SC

Meandering back on topic: Of course, the young lads would not have been tempted into mischief, and thus avoided any possible or perceived loss of face, had they been dilligently practising their cricket

Yedinnaepractisecrickets, ye train them

• Like 2

Meandering back on topic: Of course, the young lads would not have been tempted into mischief, and thus avoided any possible or perceived loss of face, had they been dilligently practising their cricket

So true... and there were would have been 11 of them, not 10.

So true... and there were would have been 11 of them, not 10.

Let's call that "about ten" - quite often the less-renowned teams struggle to field a full complement; many do not even have cheerleaders, apparently.

SC

After talking to some Thai friends it's becoming clear that society is changing and the younger generation are becoming less respectful of their elders. Kind of taking the same path as the UK really... Which is a shame.

I agree that this is somewhat of a residual from westernization, encroaching on Thai society. I'm sure the UK is very much like the USA, where the concept of "respecting your elders" disappeared a long, long time ago. But I don't believe Thailand is near as bad as the west in this regard, although as you say, it may seem like Thai society is inching in that direction.

This is where many farangs baffle me when they talk of how Thai society should change, to be more like the west. Traditional Thais respect their elders and are very much family-oriented. I really dig this about the Thais. In the US, most teenagers would prefer to hang out with their friends rather than their family. I do hope Thai society doesn't try to mimic the west in this regard. It would be a real shame.

• Like 2

That is not good....they know ur door now...might be a good idea if you can change apartment...

Move at once why hang aroud.

I'm not going to move just cause of some cocky teenagers. Please read the rest of the post.

Those with less eye for detail, who prefer a more cacophanous entertainment, and I fear many Thais fall in this camp; who prefer a more combatative sport

Show them Holding bowling to Boycott or Donald bowling to Atherton....

Anyone who finds cricket dull needs to learn the game.

I'm not going to move just cause of some cocky teenagers. Please read the rest of the post.

Good for you,!

Edited by HeavyDrinker

After talking to some Thai friends it's becoming clear that society is changing and the younger generation are becoming less respectful of their elders. Kind of taking the same path as the UK really... Which is a shame.

I agree that this is somewhat of a residual from westernization, encroaching on Thai society. I'm sure the UK is very much like the USA, where the concept of "respecting your elders" disappeared a long, long time ago. But I don't believe Thailand is near as bad as the west in this regard, although as you say, it may seem like Thai society is inching in that direction.

This is where many farangs baffle me when they talk of how Thai society should change, to be more like the west. Traditional Thais respect their elders and are very much family-oriented. I really dig this about the Thais. In the US, most teenagers would prefer to hang out with their friends rather than their family. I do hope Thai society doesn't try to mimic the west in this regard. It would be a real shame.

So you are saying that we as western people...have done a missionary position on the natives ??

Driving to Surin but not quite Surin 2 days ago....out in the middle of nowhere....I past a sign that read in English and with an arrow...also in english....'cricket club this way'.....there were buffalo wallowing nearby

• Like 1

Driving to Surin but not quite Surin 2 days ago....out in the middle of nowhere....I past a sign that read in English and with an arrow...also in english....'cricket club this way'.....there were buffalo wallowing nearby

That was the Umpire. rolleyes.gif

The take out for me from your story phuturatica is that you have gained the respect of both the Security Guard and the local community. In your time of need, they rallied around you.

BTW ... nice story telling ... I wanted to read to end ... discover the outcome.

Wouldn't hurt to find some small way to quickly show your appreciation to the neighbors. If they have kids, some books or snacks would probably be well appreciated.

This thread seems to have gone very quiet... too quiet...

SC

OP last active 17:17 today. Most likely just gone out on a Saturday night.

Stalker alert.

You're just people watching on pattaya soi 6 again aren't you ?

Socks with sandals is bad enough, but now stalker hats. blink.png

However I am also shocked at the behaviour of the boys. It's very rude for Thailand especially. Of course I would expect it from chavs in England but not in Thailand. I just wish you could give chavs a good hiding in England also if they were being rude!

Are you naive or havent lived here a long time.I would expect this from young thai men and so should you to make your life safer here.