Just Got Followed Home By About 10 Thai Teenage Boys

phuturatica

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like kids showing off in front of their mates. You sound like you handled it the right way avoiding confrontation however still quite scary.

Personally I would just be a bit more wary for a few weeks. Don't hold me to that if you get a kicking though :)

security is pretty lax in most places in bkk

if theyre even awake laugh.png

my wifes sister was allowed to enter the apartment before by a security guard who had never met her

and didnt know if she was even her sister (she is sexy though) giggle.gif

she could have been anyone and robbed the place ........

Yeah I definitely think it was a case of showing off in front of mates and trying to look big and 'ard etc however I was quite intimidated. Especially when they came as far as following me to my door!

I will be wary for the next few weeks for sure and I will avoid walking on my own.

Kids will be kids in any country, and Thai's in particular feel powerful in numbers, which in this case can be applied to both the teens and the others in your apartment. After the embarrassment the kids got, I wouldn't worry too much. Carrying pepper spray is not a bad idea though. It will give you a better chance of escape when facing larger numbers.

Hope your ok. Hard to give ignore the advice about changing apartment. As you said your neighbours dealt with the boys, but who is to say they won't feel a loss of face over the incident and return when it's all forgotten..

Not wanting to scare you or anything but a good idea to be extra alert.

...forget using pepper spray against 10 guys, the others will be both amused by the reaction of the spayed guys and indignant that you dared to attack their cosy band of brother. Were these guys drunk/otherwise stoned?

I am glad that you are ok, you reacted as well as you could.

Did you understand completely what they were shouting? Maybe the lack of response is what provoked them..

And of course it probably started as just one lad trying to show off to his mates.

I don't think you need worry and it seems you have great neighbours but anybody would have been intimidated by that no matter how tough they pretend to be.

The take out for me from your story phuturatica is that you have gained the respect of both the Security Guard and the local community. In your time of need, they rallied around you.

BTW ... nice story telling ... I wanted to read to end ... discover the outcome.

• Like 1

You should have called their mothers to come collect them. You'd be surprised at how the behaviour of Thais boys change in front of mummy.

Anyway should've, could've is of no help to you. You had a bit of a fright and your concern is valid.

For what its worth, I don't think they will be bothering you again. They've been shamed by their elders and their faces are known.

• Like 2

What happened to your ...... 'kick in the balls' ........ power move?

But joking aside, hope you get over your fright quickly.

They have a lower level of Rape here compared to England so thats a good start

Gang rape is very high in Thailand, but girls don't generally report such crimes .

(shame, culture, lack of faith in police, etc.)

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

Shamed or not, you have caused them to lose face. a potential dangerous situation.

Whatever their intentions, whether bravado, alchohol or drug inspired, that number of people is dangerous.

Forget the peppar spray, or tazer, useless against a crowd.

Buy your self a 140 dB personalattack alarm and keep it with you, one at that level can be heard a long way off and will get people running to find out what is happening

I had a similar problem 5 years ago, walked past 1 of the teenagers pushed me and his mates laughed kept walking they followed me 3 ran in front of me swearing f...u farang got a bit scared they were in front of me and also behind ,so i walked up to the ring leadrt smacked him hard he went down all the others ran away, i was shaking like a leaf never want that to happen again ,,stayed away from that area for a long time

You should have called their mothers to come collect them. You'd be surprised at how the behaviour of Thais boys change in front of mummy.

Anyway should've, could've is of no help to you. You had a bit of a fright and your concern is valid.

For what its worth, I don't think they will be bothering you again. They've been shamed by their elders and their faces are known.

I disagree, it's the fathers that always scare the shit out of Thai teenagers. The mothers are very co-dependent with their sons.

Actually there were a few teenagers trying a similar thing with me at a temple of all places recently. I was going to say something but one of my daughters arrived and their attitude totally changed.

Edited by Johnniey

I had a similar problem 5 years ago, walked past 1 of the teenagers pushed me and his mates laughed kept walking they followed me 3 ran in front of me swearing f...u farang got a bit scared they were in front of me and also behind ,so i walked up to the ring leadrt smacked him hard he went down all the others ran away, i was shaking like a leaf never want that to happen again ,,stayed away from that area for a long time

Exactly what happened to me and my mates back in Scotland except the victim was a 7 foot black karate champion. Quite normal for teenage kids to pick on those who are different.

they just started bad mouthing off at me in Thai

What other language would you expect them to use?

The fact that you mentioned they spoke Thai suggests that you don't understand Thai?

So how do you know they were bad mouthing you?

No need to over dramatize the situation. It was probably just a band of teenager with an hormone problem, common at this age.

The good side of this story is the OP realized she can count on her neighbours.

they just started bad mouthing off at me in Thai

What other language would you expect them to use?

The fact that you mentioned they spoke Thai suggests that you don't understand Thai?

So how do you know they were bad mouthing you?

I think the point is they were bad mouthing in Thai not English.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App