Postage To The Uk... Completely Up The Wall

14th june posted 2 envelopes tracked from chaweng to UK.

15th June posted 2 more , again tracked.

16th another 2 tracked

21st 1 tracked

wed 27th posted one from pattaya, untracked

now some have arrived in the UK, basically ALL the envelopes landed in BKK airport within 2 days as out going mail.

the first envelope to land was posted on 16th june and took 7 days, next one was posted on 21st and took 6 days

the 2 posted on 15th just landed so took 19 days,

post from 14th took 21 days ?

what is going on with the Thai postal service ? can't get my head around it as they ALL got to BKK airport in 2 days

the envelope from pattaya took 5 days.

There is nothing going on with the Thai postal services.

As you said yourself the post is arriving at BKK Airport within 2 days.

Your post will have 1 possibly 2 more stops after it has left BKK Airport before it arrives in the UK and then will need to be processed and then sent to regional Sorting depots and then onto destination

I can send stuff to the UK and it arrives in 3 days other times it can take up to 30 days but the issue does not lie within the Thai Post system as I can see it left the Airport less then 48 hours after I posted it.

starcandle.....how do you know that they all arrived at the airport within 2 days. Never seen tracking that details an itinery, only the date received at destination.

My own experience is in Surin when I post a letter to UK the post office clerk always asks, in reply to my request for Air Mail, do I want the 2 day version or the 14 day version. I just ask politely how an aircraft can remain airborne for 14 days as when I fly to LHR I always seem to arrive the same day. Unfortunately the Thai clerk obviously doesn't understand sarcasm.

• Like 2

starcandle.....how do you know that they all arrived at the airport within 2 days. Never seen tracking that details an itinery, only the date received at destination.

My own experience is in Surin when I post a letter to UK the post office clerk always asks, in reply to my request for Air Mail, do I want the 2 day version or the 14 day version. I just ask politely how an aircraft can remain airborne for 14 days as when I fly to LHR I always seem to arrive the same day. Unfortunately the Thai clerk obviously doesn't understand sarcasm.

If you send a item by registered post then you can track it to when it leaves the Airport on the Thai Post website.

If you send a item by registered post then you can track it to when it leaves the Airport on the Thai Post website.

totally true, thai post is very efficient, the problem is the recepient custom's office or the receipient post's system.

We send a lot of post from Samui - to over the world. Always use 'normal' post - and so far, they always arrive OK and on time (5 to 10 days). Thai Post is very good.

Nothing hi-tech in our tracking system - wifey calls them on the dog and bone.

I send my expensive Canon 7D to Canon BKK by EMS, arrived safe after 2days (from KPG), got it back today from BKK (1 day!)

I am an internet shopper and most of staff I order come by post. Never a miss, most of time also custom duty not payd (sometimes 7 Baht)

For sure Royal Thai Post work way better than my home country one...

arrow.gif

Search Result : RR015373635TH

DATETIME Scan Location Description June 21, 2012

11:07:38 CHAWENG Accept June 21, 2012

16:45:38 CHAWENG Items Into Container June 21, 2012

16:50:09 CHAWENG Dispatch June 22, 2012

21:28:03 CHUMPHON MAIL CENTER Items Into Container June 22, 2012

21:28:27 CHUMPHON MAIL CENTER Dispatch June 23, 2012

13:26:41 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received June 23, 2012

14:13:42 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Outgoing International

Your post will have 1 possibly 2 more stops after it has left BKK Airport before it arrives in the UK and then will need to be processed and then sent to regional Sorting depots and then onto destination

I can send stuff to the UK and it arrives in 3 days other times it can take up to 30 days but the issue does not lie within the Thai Post system as I can see it left the Airport less then 48 hours after I posted it.

I stand corrected and agree with you, it can't be the Thai side as you can see from another post I replied to, all my letters hit BKK airport in 2 days, but still can't understand why these letters all but 2 going to the same address get there so different, 10 days different in one case.

Post from the UK to Chiang Mai however is far from satisfactory. In Hang Dong area there are so many housing estates ( Moo Bahn) that mail takes up to 28 days to deliver. The record time for delivery has been about 10 days. More worrying is that some mail doesn't even arrive and I wonder how many letters, get opened and dumped by dodgy postmen/women.

arrow.gif                            

Search Result : RR015373635TH                                                        

DATETIME                                                                                            Scan Location                                                                                            Description                                                                                                                                                                            June 21, 2012

11:07:38                                                                                            CHAWENG                                                                                            Accept                                                                                                                                                                            June 21, 2012

16:45:38                                                                                            CHAWENG                                                                                            Items Into Container                                                                                                                                                                            June 21, 2012

16:50:09                                                                                            CHAWENG                                                                                            Dispatch                                                                                                                                                                            June 22, 2012

21:28:03                                                                                            CHUMPHON MAIL CENTER                                                                                            Items Into Container                                                                                                                                                                            June 22, 2012

21:28:27                                                                                            CHUMPHON MAIL CENTER                                                                                            Dispatch                                                                                                                                                                            June 23, 2012

13:26:41                                                                                            SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE                                                                                            Container Received                                                                                                                                                                            June 23, 2012

14:13:42                                                                                            SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE                                                                                            Outgoing International

The mail waits at Swampy until the contracted carrier has capacity free - usually I see a 5+ day lag before it arrives in Sydney (all mail to Oz goes via Sydney). Worth using economy air, available to UK, for anything over 500gm, much cheaper and little time difference. My records; 7 days from Samui to a Sydney address, a full month to rural north WA.

Just had a parcel delivered from the U S A, had to go to Nathon Customs office to collect it.

this is a brief description of our conversation.

C "you have to pay 3.500 baht"

"WHY"

C "customs tax"

"BUT WHY"

C "you import"

"NO I DID'NT"

C "YES"

"NO THE NOTE ON THE BOX SAYS RETURNED AND REPAIRED ITEN, NO CHARGE"

C "what in box"

"SECOND HAND ELECTRICAL COMPONENT, I SEND FOR REPAIR AND NOW COME BACK"

at this point I opened the box to show that the item was second hand, and produced the note saying it was a returned repair.

they all glared at each other and simultaneously went aWWWW.

C "ok mister you only pay nit noi tax"

"HOW MUCH ?"

"C 708 baht"

" BUT AGAIN WHY I HAVE TO PAY"

"because BKK issue invoice, I can only make your pay smaller"

"HERE IS 708 baht HAVE A NICE DAY"

• 1 month later...

I agree that the Thai postal system is rubbish.

Small package (not registerd) sent from Cyprus to me 3 months ago not arrived (see farang name and gets 'lost' !!!)

Recently sent two items to UK at the same time both registered.

One was quite a large box containing toys for grandchildren the other was aletter to my Pension provider.

Tracked this on the Thai website where it arrived at airport in 2 days.

After 14 days tried to trace in UK. Tried Parcel Force first, said they had no record.

Next day tried Royal Mail yesthey said the box arrived 2 days ago at Heathrow and should be delivered that day (it was - about 20 mins after i finished my call)

The letter arrived at Heathrow the following day!!!

One has to ask with so many flights a day to the UK why did it take 12 days to get there?? Maybe it went by canoe!!

Also the price of sending a large box which wasn't at all heavy cost a lot 1,400B. the cost of the contents was no more than 1,200B.

Will not do again.

Other times I get letters from the Inland Revenue which I am expected to reply to in 14 days and yet it takes sometimes 2 -3 months

to get to me. Do government offices in UK not understand that we are dealing with Thailand a third world country with a third rate postal system.

Just had a parcel delivered from the U S A, had to go to Nathon Customs office to collect it.

this is a brief description of our conversation.

C "you have to pay 3.500 baht"

"WHY"

C "customs tax"

"BUT WHY"

C "you import"

"NO I DID'NT"

C "YES"

"NO THE NOTE ON THE BOX SAYS RETURNED AND REPAIRED ITEN, NO CHARGE"

C "what in box"

"SECOND HAND ELECTRICAL COMPONENT, I SEND FOR REPAIR AND NOW COME BACK"

at this point I opened the box to show that the item was second hand, and produced the note saying it was a returned repair.

they all glared at each other and simultaneously went aWWWW.

C "ok mister you only pay nit noi tax"

"HOW MUCH ?"

"C 708 baht"

" BUT AGAIN WHY I HAVE TO PAY"

"because BKK issue invoice, I can only make your pay smaller"

"HERE IS 708 baht HAVE A NICE DAY"

I guess they all said: "AWWWWWW" as they had already calculated what the would have done with the 2,800 Baht under the table tea money.......

• 1 month later...

He said that it gets to Bangkok in 2 days and for some reason it goes to pattaya which i do not understand unless they use pacel planes from UTAPAL they must have accidently sent it to pattaya they could not be nothered to send itback to Bangers

A Thai girlfriend sent me a 300 baht pair of sunglasses from Langsuan ( Surat thani ) to Chewang main Post office. After going back 2 times to collect these I was told they were lost and they were very sorry.

After a few frowns and white lies I was handed a 1000 baht note from the manager in his back office and a sincere apologie. Now thats a happy finish.

I wouldn't trust them with much more though.