Pubs That Sell Guiness In Cm

wildpikey

The Olde Bell sell Guinness for 195 a pint. If you live in Chiang Mai and get their Gold Card you get 10% off, which makes a pint 176 baht, which might be the cheapest in town - unless someone knows better!

• Like 1

re .. I saw a sign at the top of Chang Moi road, didn't notice the name of the bar

the only name above the bar ( next to the riva ) when it opened in mid april

was ... guinness so thats what i called it : )

dave2

post-42592-0-47418400-1341425152_thumb.j

I love a Guiness but I appear to have an allergy to the price of the stuff in this country. Every time I spring for one, my asshol_e begins to itch.

It's not much cheaper in the UK. The Old Belle's 176 baht is probably cheaper than many pubs in London.

I love a Guiness but I appear to have an allergy to the price of the stuff in this country. Every time I spring for one, my asshol_e begins to itch.

It's not much cheaper in the UK. The Old Belle's 176 baht is probably cheaper than many pubs in London.

And more important than just price is the fact Pedre looks after it - always a good pint (or three) !!

re .. I saw a sign at the top of Chang Moi road, didn't notice the name of the bar

dave2

That place has been there for several years, although its changed names a few times. It was called Pinky's for several years and they sold Guinness until a couple of years ago which is the last time I was in there. I've no idea if they still sell it, but as you say, Dave the sign is still up as I pass it everyday!

dave2

That place has been there for several years, although its changed names a few times. It was called Pinky's for several years and they sold Guinness until a couple of years ago which is the last time I was in there. I've no idea if they still sell it, but as you say, Dave the sign is still up as I pass it everyday!

It's out of business now and the Riva has expanded into that space. Last I knew the Guinness sign was still up but that's just because no one had gotten around to taking it down, ditto for the "buffalo wings" sign.

Edited by OriginalPoster

they sold Guinness until a couple of years ago

Is that the place that sold other things as well?whistling.gif

You're probably thinking of Spanky's. The other stuff that Pinky's sold was burgers, wings, and burritos.

Yes, you're right, was Spanky's I had in my mind rolleyes.gif

The Red Lion has the best and cheapest Guinness in CM at B180 a pint .( i have been a Guinness drinker all my life ) .

Well it cant be the best and cheapest now can it blink.png

Since the Old Bell is only 176 that would make it the cheapest thumbsup.gif now whether it is the best is another point but not both biggrin.png

DK

Well i must admit to not having been to the Old Bell in several years so i must give it a try .

don't forget to sign up for a Gold Card first: the discounted price is only available to local residents.

As to the quality, as we all get our Guinness from the same supplier and that supplier cleans the pipes, the quality should be pretty much the same in all 5 establishments that sell it: The Pub, The Red Lion, The Olde Bell, UN Irish and O'Malleys.

So can any one shed any light on the price of a pint in the remaining three places??

Unless you're going to be drinking dozens of them in a sitting, the prices aren't enough different between these places to justify paying Tuk Tuk fare from one of them to another. I bet they are all within 10% of each other, or maybe 20% if you factor in special deals given to people who know the establishment's secret handshake and can prove that they are a Mason.

Edited by OriginalPoster

The Red Lion has the best and cheapest Guinness in CM at B180 a pint .( i have been a Guinness drinker all my life ) .

Well it cant be the best and cheapest now can it blink.png

Since the Old Bell is only 176 that would make it the cheapest thumbsup.gif now whether it is the best is another point but not both biggrin.png

DK

The old Bell charge B195 a pint geezer .I was there today ,and service and Pint quality were below average .Guess its back to the Red Lion for me .

Being from the states, I have never had a Guinness. In fact I am not one who is much on beer at all. My self I am a SangSom drinker but I think I will venture out to the Old Bell one night and see what all talk about Guinness is about. Maybe I will be a convert.

It's like Beer Lao Dark. There was a local dark beer for a while but that never was a hit.

The dark Beer Laos is more like a German dunkel, highly carbonated and quite sweet.

Guinness is a viscous, dry stout, with low carbonation.

Not even remotely similar!

• Like 1

It's like Beer Lao Dark. There was a local dark beer for a while but that never was a hit.

The dark Beer Laos is more like a German dunkel, highly carbonated and quite sweet.

Guinness is a viscous, dry stout, with low carbonation.

Not even remotely similar!

Exactly. The color of the beer is a very poor predictor of what it tastes like -- there must be at least a dozen very different styles of beer that are very dark in appearance.