How Can I Get A Thai Girl To The Us?

I had an interesting conversation with my Congressman's aide today.

She started by saying " I can't give you legal advice, and I can't ask the Embassy to do something contrary to US law, but this is my personal opinion"

She went on to say the MOST important factor in getting tourist Visa is convincing the interviewer she will return. She said having documentation of a job, property, or money is all good. But at the end of the the day if the interviewer has the slightest idea she will over stay, she will get denied regardless of her assets.

She said I need to spend time "coaching" my girlfriend on how to answer questions. She said because most of these girls aren't comfortable speaking English, they tend to give one word answers. When the interviewer says will you return to Thailand? a simple "yes" will get her denied. Instead she needs to say Yes i will return because my daughter is attending school in Thailand, I am responsible for taking care of my mother, My job at &&& is being held for me. etc.

The MOST important factor in getting a Fiance Visa is relationship history. In this case bring in stacks of documents related to your time together. If the interviewer gets the slightest idea we are doing the fiance to get around the tourist Visa we will get denied. Again it is important for the girl to use complete sentences and talk about going to the US to meet parents, and family. Experience the culture and weather, etc.

She went on to say policy at the Embassy is to "assume" the girl is going to do a running and over stay. The responsibility for removing that concern rests completely on how well the girl interviews.

All in all I was happy with the phone call. i thought the aide was fair with her information. It certainly gave me something to think about. Never underestimate the power of an election year. smile.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CDNSKI12:

Very sad commentary. If you read my post you'll see I "did not" use an agency. It was very easy to do on my own. It did not cost much either.

SLOWLYMAN:

I applied for a Tourist Visa based on advice from an agency that suggested I could do it on my own and not have the cost of using his agency. I thought that was a very considerate gesture on his part.

A fiance Visa (K1 I believe) is more involved and you will probably need an agency because of the different rules and forms necessary.

A K3 Visa is a marriage Visa and assumes you are already married to a Thai. This was what I originally called the agency for. I had been married for 2 years in Thailand. An agencies help is also necessary and takes up to a year to process. Lots of paperwork and legwork on your part plus expensive from what I gathered.

A tourist Visa is what he suggested I try on my own. It's and easy 1 form "download from the Embassy. Buy a pin code( $15 on the internet with A CREDIT VARD) to access the appointment calendar. pay the fee ($160) at the post office. Then just set up the appointment. The questions they asked my wife were just general in nature and I think it was her natural self that pulled it off. She is a very genuine, sincere person and I think the interviewer saw that. Try it.

• 4 weeks later...

How important is money in the bank.

She is being told by a girl who has been to the US that I should put 100,000 into her account.

1), that is a lot of money to put at her fingertips, and 2 I find it hard to belive the imigration folks would put much weight on money that was put into the account a month before she applies for the visa.

I trust her, but she has no budgeting skills. Any money I put in her account is gone in days so i generally send small amounts. 100,000 would scare me a bit.

100,000 baht? or $100,000.

Obviously the second one is a no go..........the first one could be a cheap way to find out if she's a keeper or not. Stick in 25,000 baht every couple of months, Just tell her straight, that money is for the visa, it must be left alone and it must be allowed to build up so that immigration believes it came from her.

If she is as feckless as you say she is, she'll hammer the first 25,000 baht and then you'll know she's not worth the aggravation.

I bet you there are a few guys would have spent 25,000 baht early doors to find out that their lady wasn't worth the aggro in the end. coffee1.gif

For tourist visa - how about the round-trip ticket? Money in the bank is no issues (can put in previous month), and of course any mention of working in the bar would be a quick exit. But it can be assured that we both want to be in Thailand and she would return.

Second question; if she fails - is there a "black list" and she can't try again?

As for the millionaire comment - it's true; my wealthy friend put 10 million baht in the bank and she got a 10 year visa for USA. In USA it's about the "Benjamins". Unfortunately, I don't have enough of them for that plan.

How important is money in the bank.

She is being told by a girl who has been to the US that I should put 100,000 into her account.

1), that is a lot of money to put at her fingertips, and 2 I find it hard to belive the imigration folks would put much weight on money that was put into the account a month before she applies for the visa.

I trust her, but she has no budgeting skills. Any money I put in her account is gone in days so i generally send small amounts. 100,000 would scare me a bit.

100,000 baht? or $100,000.

Obviously the second one is a no go..........the first one could be a cheap way to find out if she's a keeper or not. Stick in 25,000 baht every couple of months, Just tell her straight, that money is for the visa, it must be left alone and it must be allowed to build up so that immigration believes it came from her.

If she is as feckless as you say she is, she'll hammer the first 25,000 baht and then you'll know she's not worth the aggravation.

I bet you there are a few guys would have spent 25,000 baht early doors to find out that their lady wasn't worth the aggro in the end. coffee1.gif

For tourist visa - how about the round-trip ticket? Money in the bank is no issues (can put in previous month), and of course any mention of working in the bar would be a quick exit. But it can be assured that we both want to be in Thailand and she would return.

Second question; if she fails - is there a "black list" and she can't try again?

As for the millionaire comment - it's true; my wealthy friend put 10 million baht in the bank and she got a 10 year visa for USA. In USA it's about the "Benjamins". Unfortunately, I don't have enough of them for that plan.

I would have visa in hand before investing in a round trip ticket, the interviewer won’t care about that. I’m not a believer in stuffing the bank account, it is, and looks phony. It may have worked for your friend, but there were probably other circumstances that got her the visa.

Failing, does not automatically put her on a black list, but it’s the first thing they will look at when re-applying.

Take a long look at what streetlite said in the last few sentences of post #62. He is spot on.

The interviewers are highly trained professionals and they will see through the BS most of the time.

Be honest from the beginning of the process to the end, and you will likely succeed.

Good luck

Shot

I was shocked that she received a visa. However, the one thing that I have learnt after all these years is that one can get a visa if the paper work is correct, there is a plausible reason for the visit, the couple looks legit and the woman has money in her name. I'm sure some will doubt me, but this is one case I know where the visa was granted in 2012.

It's actually very easy to get a girlfriend a visa to the USA/UK/Canada/Australia, etc., if you are a millionaire.

Nothing to do with paperwork, all to do with having a load of money.

Advice to the OP, become a millionaire or marry her first.

Hey leave Australia outta this. We're all good down here. Yes its easy.

CDNSKI12:

Very sad commentary. If you read my post you'll see I "did not" use an agency. It was very easy to do on my own. It did not cost much either.

SLOWLYMAN:

I applied for a Tourist Visa based on advice from an agency that suggested I could do it on my own and not have the cost of using his agency. I thought that was a very considerate gesture on his part.

A fiance Visa (K1 I believe) is more involved and you will probably need an agency because of the different rules and forms necessary.

A K3 Visa is a marriage Visa and assumes you are already married to a Thai. This was what I originally called the agency for. I had been married for 2 years in Thailand. An agencies help is also necessary and takes up to a year to process. Lots of paperwork and legwork on your part plus expensive from what I gathered.

A tourist Visa is what he suggested I try on my own. It's and easy 1 form "download from the Embassy. Buy a pin code( $15 on the internet with A CREDIT VARD) to access the appointment calendar. pay the fee ($160) at the post office. Then just set up the appointment. The questions they asked my wife were just general in nature and I think it was her natural self that pulled it off. She is a very genuine, sincere person and I think the interviewer saw that. Try it.

K3 visa is dead. Once the I-130 and I-129F petitions reach NVC at the same time, NVC closes the I-129F and continues on with the I-130. This will result in either a CR-1 or IR-1 visa. CR-1 = married less than 2 years and will result in a 2 year green card. IR-1 = married more than 2 years and will result in a 10 year green card.

I'm looking into setting up a joint account through the New York branch of Bangkok Bank. that would at least give me some control over the money. it also dramaticly cuts my wire costs.

Set up a Bangkok Bank account in your name only, with Internet banking.

Then you can transfer money to her Bangkok bank account free of charge, giving you total control of your money.

I'm looking into setting up a joint account through the New York branch of Bangkok Bank. that would at least give me some control over the money. it also dramaticly cuts my wire costs.

Set up a Bangkok Bank account in your name only, with Internet banking.

Then you can transfer money to her Bangkok bank account free of charge, giving you total control of your money.

...and she should have a good explanation of how she earned that money, otherwise it's a useless exercise.

• 1 year later...

ya, the marriage idea has been suggested before. She has never been out of the country, I want to make sure she can adapt to life here first. I have no interest being married to someone who lives on the other side the world.

I've been through the Embassy site cover to cover. Thanks though.

That is why the fiancee visa gives you 3 months to get married, once she arrives. If she gets cold feet, or cannot adapt, she has the opportunity to go back to Thailand before the marriage takes place. She must only have the intention of getting married. The embassy knows some people cannot adjust, and allows for that.... You are describing are desire to get a fiancee visa...not a tourist visa. On a tourist visa...there must be no intention of marriage..only travel. If she indicates she has a desire to marry you there...they will just tell her to reapply for a fiancee visa. In your own words...you are indicating a possibility of marriage even though you say you need to see if she can adapt first.... Tourists and Fiancees are totally different.

• 2 weeks later...