Mobile Internet Access Bangkok And Isaan.

Hi all,

Im sure the question has been asked (I did have a quick look, but could not see anything specific to my needs).

I will be in Thailand for 3 weeks, and have both a Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 (3g version) as well as a Samsung Galaxy Note (I like big screens, because I have small eyes).

I will be traveling from Bangkok, to Ubon, and heading up to Udon Thani.

What are my options with regards to well-priced mobile internet? I don't skype or anything but spend quite a bit of time surfing the internet, as well as managing stocks.

Cheap and not-quite-working is not going to cut the mustard for me, on the flip side I do not need a fiber optic cable connected to the miniusb port.

Can anyone recommend a good pre-paid plan to go with and what costs are involved?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/425412-smartphone-service-plans/

TrueMove H and/or AIS/One-2-Call might be you best choices?

Maybe just get one SIM for the Note and make a Mobile AP for the Tab? Or swap the SIM between the two devices.

Do you have any idea how much data you will consume in 30 days? Do you have to make telephone calls?

Hi there,

At the moment I am using approx 1-1.5GB/month here at home. I guess I would use about the same, all things considered - sorry for missing the thread, my apologies.

Yes, switching sims between the devices is not a problem. It is something that I do here.

I don't have to make calls - I can buy a separate SIM for this.

I don't have to make calls - I can buy a separate SIM for this.

Not sure if you need to make calls or not? But if you do you can just get one SIM, and use it for data and voice in the Note and create a Mobile AP (WiFi) for the Tab 10.1.