Selective Police Bar Crackdown...Again!

JackPineSavage

During a huge meeting between bar owners and city officials, it was declared on Tuesday that ALL bars in Chiang Mai must close their door at midnight in order to preserve the good image of Chiang Mail. However the police are again showing their obvious corruptability by again ignoring Spicy\Zoe Yellow and mos other bars while choosing to harrass those on Loi Kroh only! If justice prevails the men in brown will get the crap beaten out of them and their guns taken by bar customers like last November when they decided to throw their weight around at the wrong bar on Loi Kroh.

welcomeani.gifdrunk.gifpartytime2.gifintheclub.gifpost-4641-1156694005.gifburp.gifmfr_closed1.gifsleepy.gif

All the above used to take me until 4am. Now, thanks to lots of practice, I can get it all finished by midnight. And then stop of for several more at Thai joints in the back sois on the way home.

• Like 1

Actually, Paagai, you judge very quickly. One post only for me, but over a decade living here.Racking up a count of comments does does make one's comments valid.

And for your information, I pointed out a past incident, not a recommendation, of how those police ended up in the hospital after harrassing a group of US special forces at a Lois Kroh bar.

So.. Did this incident take place in your bar then?

-Mestizo

Actually, Paagai, you judge very quickly. One post only for me, but over a decade living here.Racking up a count of comments does does make one's comments valid.

And for your information, I pointed out a past incident, not a recommendation, of how those police ended up in the hospital after harrassing a group of US special forces at a Lois Kroh bar.

oh dear......coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

What utter dribble...is this really passing for news now. A police crack down on bars. Perhaps we could have an exclusive follow up on double pricing, short changing, and helmet fines. This is almost like saying today is Thursday.....

As far as the bar and "special forces". It was the Flash bar, they were US troops but not "Special Forces", there was ONE police officer that did something very silly and got his handgun taken off him, He had a very insignificant redness to his face from an altercation, and the issue became one of saving face as it would anywhere for Police, Right or wrong anywhere you do not take the hand gun off a police officer and expect no action. Others attended as a show, a photo taken for the news, and it all died a gentle death. Why did it die, because there were to many witnesses and the ONE police officer was an ass. The others quickly realised that the situation was not retrievable and made it go away. They were really good about it.

No one went to hospital except the one officer, where another photo was taken for the news....with unusually no other officer in the photo.

Sorry...i was there....and the next night as well. No close down, no one taken away...all good. I have seen more reaction over not having a music license.

Edited by mamborobert
  • Like 1

What the boys from Pattaya were up for the weekend?

Yes as I recall they were Cobra Gold. By no means wishing to diminish these guys but the only direct Special Forces link was that they were training with Thai Special Forces and staying with the Thai special Forces camp at Mae Rim. I know one guy was a sniper instructor and they had some Korean Special Forces, and US Special Forces there at the same time.

Yes as I recall they were Cobra Gold. By no means wishing to diminish these guys but the only direct Special Forces link was that they were training with Thai Special Forces and staying with the Thai special Forces camp at Mae Rim. I know one guy was a sniper instructor and they had some Korean Special Forces, and US Special Forces there at the same time.

Yes and Thai Special forces do not belong in the same sentence as any other Special forces in the west, which is why they were training with regular Us forces as opposed to US special forces which kinda goes to show there is no comparison.

Special education maybe biggrin.png

DK

Edited by DiamondKing
  • Like 2

Yes and Thai Special forces do not belong in the same sentence as any other Special forces in the west, which is why they were training with regular Us forces as opposed to US special forces which kinda goes to show there is no comparison.

DK

Easy said.

But please be so kind to stave your words.

Thank you.

Yes, I mean about the Thai special forces.......

DK

Easy said.

But please be so kind to stave your words.

Thank you.

Yes, I mean about the Thai special forces.......

LOL really biggrin.png ok they are very special, (special needs LOL clap2.gif )

i believe you, glad you have a high esteem for them, although I think the Dutch special forces might be a bit like the tortoise and the Hare and the Hare (dutch special forces) might be able to take a long nap while the special ED guys catch up :)

DK

Total rubbish and I am accusing you of telling porky pies.

My son, a Chiang Mai policeman is presently on the case as part of the team with the controlling of these Loi Kroh road establishments, has been for sometime and I can tell you that no such incident as you described ever took place, in any shape or form

If something like that would have happened I can assure you that the whole outfit would have been shut down and put out of business and those customers banged up in the clink, had ten bails of crap kicked out of them, before they even had time to say; <deleted>.

The police are presently putting emphasis on the Loi Kroh road, but they will eventually work they’re way round to the other bars in the area. Don`t worry, they’re time will come.

It`s as I have said on previous threads, that the Thai authorities are looking for excuses to close down the adult entertainments in Chiang Mai and most of these places are on borrowed time. But just because my son is a policeman, (his choice), doesn’t mean that I agree with these policies or are defending them in any way.

I think our JackPineSavage has been watching too many saloon fights in those old Western movies or just another tale of how the Yanks saved the world again, as it is alleged they did during the two world wars.

So the news reports were wrong? The eye witness in post #8 was wrong? I am just wondering how much of news is real, what with the new "ireporting" and such.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

My son, a Chiang Mai policeman is presently on the case as part of the team with the controlling of these Loi Kroh road establishments, has been for sometime and I can tell you that no such incident as you described ever took place, in any shape or form

If something like that would have happened I can assure you that the whole outfit would have been shut down and put out of business and those customers banged up in the clink, had ten bails of crap kicked out of them, before they even had time to say; <deleted>.

The police are presently putting emphasis on the Loi Kroh road, but they will eventually work they’re way round to the other bars in the area. Don`t worry, they’re time will come.

It`s as I have said on previous threads, that the Thai authorities are looking for excuses to close down the adult entertainments in Chiang Mai and most of these places are on borrowed time. But just because my son is a policeman, (his choice), doesn’t mean that I agree with these policies or are defending them in any way.

I think our JackPineSavage has been watching too many saloon fights in those old Western movies or just another tale of how the Yanks saved the world again, as it is alleged they did during the two world wars.

So the news reports were wrong?

MSPain

And the pics and other eyewitness accounts too?

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

What utter dribble...is this really passing for news now. A police crack down on bars. Perhaps we could have an exclusive follow up on double pricing, short changing, and helmet fines. This is almost like saying today is Thursday.....

As far as the bar and "special forces". It was the Flash bar, they were US troops but not "Special Forces", there was ONE police officer that did something very silly and got his handgun taken off him, He had a very insignificant redness to his face from an altercation, and the issue became one of saving face as it would anywhere for Police, Right or wrong anywhere you do not take the hand gun off a police officer and expect no action. Others attended as a show, a photo taken for the news, and it all died a gentle death. Why did it die, because there were to many witnesses and the ONE police officer was an ass. The others quickly realised that the situation was not retrievable and made it go away. They were really good about it.

No one went to hospital except the one officer, where another photo was taken for the news....with unusually no other officer in the photo.

Sorry...i was there....and the next night as well. No close down, no one taken away...all good. I have seen more reaction over not having a music license.

That's a pretty good outcome, they must be learning. I recall some six years ago at Stephans (Singapore) bar near the now non existent climbing wall, a very very drunk policeman demanded service and when the owners Thai wife refused he pulled out his pistol and put it to her head. A twenty something year old from Manchester quickly decked the guy and the firearm was put in a safe yet hidden place. Not long afterwards the bar was raided by around twenty of CM's finest, closed and Stephan hauled off to jail, in court some days later he was fined and released although the local constabulary intimidated him and the bars patrons for many months afterwards.

^^ I think you'll find all Americans in Cmai claim to be serious ex-Special Forces...even the BogLady and hubby who get real serious and uptight about loo facilities and bog paper at the annual 4th of July hot dog sessions...Depend-ing!!

An Oxymoron I think is the term that Diamond Kings is alluding to'

I've met more retired Government Hit men, EX SAS, Ex Navy Seals and mercenaries than I have any other profession in ChIang Mai, where do the retired accountants and civil servants go to die?

I have lived here a few years and have yet to meet even 1 that claimed to be ex-special warriors of any type. Most of the outrageos boasting and bs I hear (read) is on this website.

Met an Aussie chap in Mad Dog a few years back who claimed to be ex special forces. So, these folk do exist here. Personally, I thought he was full of sh!t.

Edited by MESmith

I've met more retired Government Hit men, EX SAS, Ex Navy Seals and mercenaries than I have any other profession in ChIang Mai, where do the retired accountants and civil servants go to die?

It could have to do with where you go and who is around you.

MSPain

I have lived here a few years and have yet to meet even 1 that claimed to be ex-special warriors of any type. Most of the outrageos boasting and bs I hear (read) is on this website.

Met an Aussie chap in Mad Dog a few years back who claimed to be ex special forces. So, these folk do exist here. Personally, I thought he was full of sh!t.

It seems to me that the ones that tell you they are "ex" weren't or shouldn't have been.

MSPain

• Like 2

The Gold Coast........cos they can afford it.biggrin.png

Edited by waza

I've met a few ex special forces guys as well who i know were telling the truth. There seems to be a few reasons why there's an abnormally high amount of retired services guys here, but i'll leave that for another time. I'm sure there's multiple threads about that subject in the TV annals.

Back on topic:

I was out late last night with the gf and we were both suprised at the lack of life about the place. CM was a ghost town from what we saw. It got us talking about the future of CM, and what impact it will have on our lives if what we believe is a large portion of the tourist market stops coming here. It's all good to become the temple/trekking capital of Thailand, but these guys still like to unwind at the end of the day. With Laos & Myanmar competing for the same dollar i can't see the CM tourist business coming out in a better position if these proposed changes go ahead.

Son or not, if the BiB were shown up whistling.gif it would have been swept under the carpet, even for you don't you think, the face thing yet again eh.